The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

Extensions:

The Calgary Flames have extended the following players:

Chandler Stephenson: 2 year extension, worth $1.8M ($900k AAV).

Quinton Howden: 1 year extension, worth $850k.

Thanks to GM @BM24 for the quick negotiations.

@Nail

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 

After discussing with @Nail, we have determined that, in order for there to be a little more player movement, all players with full NTC and NMC will have a list of 3 teams that they will get traded to.

This list will change twice per season. One will be provided now (Father's Day every year) and one on January 1st.

A list of 3 may not appear to be a lot, but it is more than the "player will not waive" that we have been accustomed to. As is the case with players with LNTC, unless you know what teams your player will waive to go to, you must reach out to me BEFORE beginning negotiations with a team before you look to move someone.

Further notes:

Players that just recently signed an extension with a NTC this last season will not move to another team until they have at least played one full season with the club they have extended with. 

Players will only waive once per season. So, if "Player X" gets traded tomorrow, he will not agree to waive on January 1st. If "Player Z" gets traded on January 1st, he will not waive on the following list submission date "Father's Day".

All teams that have players with full NMC and NTC have been completed. If you wish to know which teams your player(s) will waive to go to, send me a message and I will provide you with your players' lists.

How did Vancouver do in the real player protected lists around the NHL? well, let me tell you! Current Rangers Lineup only, not the minors (for comparison reasons i included newly minted VGK netminder Grubauer as he was selected from our roster:

Protected

F: Backes, Backstrom, Filpula, Coyle, Van Reimsdyk, Danault, Martin, Di Guiseppe,       *exempt: Ritchie

D: Klingberg, Edler, Ekholm, Hamonic, 

Possible Vegas GK Players:

F: Lehtera, Gagner, LIndberg

D: Kronwall, McQuaid, Emelin

G: Mason, Grubauer* (now a las Vegas Golden Knight*)

21 minutes ago, Monty said:

@Nail

Thoughts on having our own CDCFL "discord" group?

14 minutes ago, Nail said:

If there's enough interest, we could definitely make it happen.

For those who currently use "discord" in GML, you know how useful it is. Not only for real time conversations, but also is a phenomenal back up if CDC ever goes down (like that ever happens).

May seem like "another thing", but it's a free app on your phone that is absolutely terrific to use.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

THE SALARY CAP HAS MATCHED THE REAL LIFE NHL ONCE AGAIN, OUR CAP WILL BE 75 MILLION FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON. THE FLOOR WILL BE 55.4 MILLION.

THE NEW CAP NUMBER HAS BEEN REFLECTED IN ALL TEAM SPREADSHEETS.

Archived