The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

We're sad to see Rinne go, but we truly believe that a move like this was in the best interests of both parties. This gives Pekka a chance to finally win a Stanley Cup -- something that wasn't going to happen here any time soon -- and gives us a little more flexibility under the cap, as well as some good assets for the future. 

21 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To EDM: Pekka Rinne ($2.5M retained for 2017-18)

To OTT: Michal Neuvirth, Blake Speers, 2018 EDM 2nd, 2019 EDM 3rd

We thank Ottawa for the quick negotiations.

The Oil management are excited to go into the season with a Rinne - Hellebuyck combo, along with an improved defensive core.

We hope this, after a strong 2017 Entry Draft, is a signal to fans and FA that the team expects to be contender in the West next season.

image.png?resize=1044,585&ssl=1

The Calgary Flames have been heard to have made LW/C Dylan Larkin available for trade. Apparently the Flames are in search of a similar aged forward, but on a playoff team - with the Flames willing to add if necessary. The Flames are in a good position to push hard for this type of move to help bolster their playoff roster, and have the prospects/picks in their system to make such a deal. The dreaded sophomore slump bit Larkin last season, but he showed what he is capable of in his first year.

While the Flames are pursuing options with Larkin, they seem to be just fine keeping him realizing you need non-playoff players to make the playoffs in the first place, and with Larkin's 1M caphit for this season, it helps create cap room to resolve holes in their lineup down the road.

^ i wont bother putting it on my phone but i do like it here at the command center, lol....I am so glad I didnt have one of these rigs in high school....i managed to work out, play football, and get a hell of a lot of ahhhh dates into my weekends. If i had this slick operation back then it would be Virginity Protection Ops, defending my nerdblossom at all costs.....lol. So word of advice to you young folks: get outside, shag someone that is willing to let you....repeat.....and only occasionally check your phone or other online devices. 

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

His salary is 1 million per going forward.

The only surprising thing would have been if he continued playing.

Same article (30 Thoughts by Friedman) also says Chicago would get a cap recapture penalty of upwards of 3.5M though.

1 minute ago, Nail said:

Same article (30 Thoughts by Friedman) also says Chicago would get a cap recapture penalty of upwards of 3.5M though.

Yeah, but that was inevitable.

Unless, of course, they turn this "equipment allergy" thing into a reason to just put him on IR. Wouldn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Yeah, but that was inevitable.

Unless, of course, they turn this "equipment allergy" thing into a reason to just put him on IR. Wouldn't surprise me.

Which is apparently what will likely happen.

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Which is apparently what will likely happen.

Funny how it's only suddenly an issue...the exact time his salary drops.

Meanwhile Luongo will happily retire, and stick it to Van. But that's OK - dim Jim would have just wasted the money anyways.

Very Big Shout Out

Guys, after seeing how IRL expansion has been unfolding, and also being one of the first fantasy leagues (that I'm aware of) in handling expansion, I think we really need to recognize not only @Nail, but also all of us in the league for how smoothly expansion was done here.

As far as I've seen, everything went off without a hitch. Things have gone as smoothly and efficiently as they possibly could have. The work that Nail put in months ahead of time, as well as all the GMs working with Nail and with each other to ensure the league continued to run as smooth as it has really speaks to the people we have in place here.

Yes it's fantasy hockey and doesn't mean much at the end of the day; but things could really have gone poorly, had work and preparation not been done all around.

Good job, everyone!

June 21 - Last day to send in resign offers

June 21 - Last day to qualify RFAs

June 26 - End of Buyout Window

Key dates coming up, today is the last day to send in offers, negotiations can continue past today if needed.

Archived