The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

10 hours ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To TBL: Keegan Kanzig

To TOR: 2019 TBL 5th 

Minor deal here but non the less excited to add Keegan. We believe his shot will come one day, reason why we picked him up. Thanks @Dion Phaneuf for allowing this to come together quick 

9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

To NJD: Brian Dumoulin

To TBL: Joe Morrow, Colton Sceviour, 2018 NJD 2nd

Thanks to @Mike Vanderhoek for making this deal happen. We are glad to bring in Joe and Colton. Joe should get a real chance this year and if he does well could exceed that of Dumoulin. Colton had a decent first year I  Florida and we hope he can replicate that, if not exceed that with the players Florida has shipped out. Also nice to add a 2nd I  what should be a deep draft or to be used as a trade chip down the line 

4 minutes ago, Nail said:

The Carolina Hurricanes have re-signed Brandon Pirri to a 2 year deal worth 0.95M per year.

Cheers to @Monty for waiting since June 10th for me to post :lol:

It's alright. You're not the only one who forgot about Brandon Pirri.

On 2/26/2017 at 11:58 PM, Master Mind said:

To VAN: Eric Gryba

To ARZ: Conditional 2018 5th (becomes 2018 3rd if Gryba re-signs with Vancouver)

Conditional Update: Gryba will not be re-signing in Vancouver, the pick stays as a 2018 5th Round Pick.

On 9/30/2016 at 10:48 AM, Nail said:

To DET: Gabriel Bourque, Colton Sceviour

To CAR: DET 2017 3rd Round Pick, DET 2018 3rd Round Pick (CONDITIONAL: Becomes DET 2018 4th Round Pick if Sceviour does not re-sign with Detroit), DET 2018 5th Round Pick (CONDITIONAL: Carolina receives pick if Bourque signs a deal IRL)

Conditional Update: Sceviour did not re-sign with Detroit, the pick has turned into a 2018 4th Round Pick.

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

To CAR: Brian Elliott

To VGK: Victor Mete, 2019 CAR 2nd

Thanks to @Nail for the negotiations over the last little while trying to figure out which goalie would work in a trade here.

After news came out today that Elliott is in Winnipeg meeting with a real estate agent, and with a few GMs saying over the weekend that they heard Elliott wanted to go to Winnipeg, thought this made sense for me for the next few years.

While I don't have a bonafide #1 next season, having two goaltenders that will combine for over 40 wins, while also the possibility they can each squeeze in playoff games, I feel I've set my team up well for the 2017-2018 season.

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

To CAR: Brian Elliott

To VGK: Victor Mete, 2019 CAR 2nd

Thanks to @Monty for the negotiations, we wish Brian well in Carolina. Obviously drafting so many goalies, not all of them can play for us next year. Happy to bring in another pick, we already have 7 in 2018 so adding 2019 ones is not a bad decision at all. Our scouts are very high on Victor Mete, he fits the mould of how the game is trending towards (speed and skill). We look forward to watching him grow another year in London, and hopefully make Team Canada for the WJC.

The Golden Knights don't currently have any more trade talks pending, so we may head into free agency as is. However if any team is interested in any players, feel free to reach out!

Free Agency Notes:

As discussed with Nail, there will be a few UFAs that him and I discussed ahead of time, in which he will be handling negotiations, due me throwing a couple UFA offers out there. Otherwise, all UFAs will be handled by me.

Please note that my clients may not respond to all requests. While money talks, you must also sell why it is my client's best interest to sign with your team. While long explanations are not needed for lower tier UFAs, bigger named guy's do require a "sell job". It is also imperative that your first offer to my clients be the best that you can offer. "Player X" may receive upwards of 30 offers from GMs, whittling down these offers will begin immediately, which is why they may not continue negotiations or respond.

However, money WILL NOT be the deciding factor. For example, do not be surprised if you throw an offer for "Player X" at $2M-$3M more than the offer he signs for by another team. Fair value is important; however, fit and role is important as well.

Some free agents may negotiate after the initial offer, while some may have received a compelling offer and explanation right away as to why they should join a franchise, and may decide then and there that they have made their decision.

Also, ONE PM PER FREE AGENT. If I receive a PM with several free agent offers, my clients will not negotiate.

Format for sending in offer:

Player X Free Agent Offer

Lastly:

After a player as whittled down his list, gone into "stage 2" of an update as to where your offer sits, "stage 3" will either be waiting for those remaining teams to send in a new offer, or simply the player signing with a team.

Due to the amount of offers I will be receiving, I will not issue a response to every GM with "Player is going in another direction". Only the remaining teams in contention for said player will continue to have discussions.

This is why it is very important to not only offer a solid contract right off the bat that gets the players attention, but also outlining exactly what his role in the franchise will be.

18 minutes ago, Monty said:

Free Agency Notes:

As discussed with Nail, there will be a few UFAs that him and I discussed ahead of time, in which he will be handling negotiations, due me throwing a couple UFA offers out there. Otherwise, all UFAs will be handled by me.

Please note that my clients may not respond to all requests. While money talks, you must also sell why it is my client's best interest to sign with your team. While long explanations are not needed for lower tier UFAs, bigger named guy's do require a "sell job". It is also imperative that your first offer to my clients be the best that you can offer. "Player X" may receive upwards of 30 offers from GMs, whittling down these offers will begin immediately, which is why they may not continue negotiations or respond.

However, money WILL NOT be the deciding factor. For example, do not be surprised if you throw an offer for "Player X" at $2M-$3M more than the offer he signs for by another team. Fair value is important; however, fit and role is important as well.

Some free agents may negotiate after the initial offer, while some may have received a compelling offer and explanation right away as to why they should join a franchise, and may decide then and there that they have made their decision.

Also, ONE PM PER FREE AGENT. If I receive a PM with several free agent offers, my clients will not negotiate.

Gonna add to this based off previous years:

Please include the players name in the title of the message, it makes things a lot easier for Monty when he is trying to sort through offers and find certain PMs.

Archived