The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

1 hour ago, Nail said:

Gonna add to this based off previous years:

Please include the players name in the title of the message, it makes things a lot easier for Monty when he is trying to sort through offers and find certain PMs.

I'll edit my post as well, but yes. I request them all to be this way:

Player X Free Agent Offer

Ahead of FA, St. Louis is looking to moving the following, for picks.

Clarke MacArthur

Joel Ward

Andrew Miller

Josh Gorges

Zach Trotman

Nikita Scherbak

Dustin Tokarski

always open for discussions on anyone though.

1 minute ago, inane said:

Ahead of FA, St. Louis is looking to moving the following, for picks.

Clarke MacArthur

Joel Ward

Josh Gorges

always open for discussions on anyone though.

Ensure you reach out to your agent ahead of time to receive word on which teams these players will go to ;) 

17 hours ago, Monty said:

Free Agency Notes:

As discussed with Nail, there will be a few UFAs that him and I discussed ahead of time, in which he will be handling negotiations, due me throwing a couple UFA offers out there. Otherwise, all UFAs will be handled by me.

Please note that my clients may not respond to all requests. While money talks, you must also sell why it is my client's best interest to sign with your team. While long explanations are not needed for lower tier UFAs, bigger named guy's do require a "sell job". It is also imperative that your first offer to my clients be the best that you can offer. "Player X" may receive upwards of 30 offers from GMs, whittling down these offers will begin immediately, which is why they may not continue negotiations or respond.

However, money WILL NOT be the deciding factor. For example, do not be surprised if you throw an offer for "Player X" at $2M-$3M more than the offer he signs for by another team. Fair value is important; however, fit and role is important as well.

Some free agents may negotiate after the initial offer, while some may have received a compelling offer and explanation right away as to why they should join a franchise, and may decide then and there that they have made their decision.

Also, ONE PM PER FREE AGENT. If I receive a PM with several free agent offers, my clients will not negotiate.

Format for sending in offer:

Player X Free Agent Offer

Lastly:

After a player as whittled down his list, gone into "stage 2" of an update as to where your offer sits, "stage 3" will either be waiting for those remaining teams to send in a new offer, or simply the player signing with a team.

Due to the amount of offers I will be receiving, I will not issue a response to every GM with "Player is going in another direction". Only the remaining teams in contention for said player will continue to have discussions.

This is why it is very important to not only offer a solid contract right off the bat that gets the players attention, but also outlining exactly what his role in the franchise will be.

Bumping every time a new page begins. This is important for free agency.

On 2017-6-26 at 1:44 PM, Bombastik der Teutone said:

The Chicago Blackhawks places a waivers claim on Frans Nielsen

The Pittsburgh Penguins would like to wish Frans all the best in Chicago. The Blackhawks are a well run organization and we are sure he will help them out long term as their 2C. Unfortunately with the Forward depth we had and the contract Frans had been given, this was the only way to ensure we could grow moving forward. 

We would also like to thank @Monty for the negotiations with Casey Cizikas. We're happy to see him back and hope he can surpass his totals from last year really solidifying himself as a middle 6 player.

26 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To NYI: Mark Stone, Mikka Salomaki

To PIT: Henrik Borgstrom, 2018 Islanders 1st, Jason Garrison

We would like to thank Mark and Mikka for their time with Pittsburgh.

Unfortunately due to cap reasons we would've been forced to trade Mark sooner or later. We decided to trade him now in order to maximize on value. We'd like to thank @oldnews for the negotiation process. As I'm sure everyone knows by now, that man drives a hard bargain. Kudos.

We'd like to welcome Henrik and Jason to the team, as well as our TBD 1st rounder for next year! Henrik had a fantastic season at the University of Denver and we look forward to seeing what he can do on an NHL level. Jason has had a rough go, but we hope he can pick things up with Vegas.

40 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To NYI: Mark Stone, Mikka Salomaki

To PIT: Henrik Borgstrom, 2018 Islanders 1st, Jason Garrison

Thanks to @Tigs for some fun negotiations and to Jason for his service and willingness to enable us to move him.

@Nail - could we assign Salomaki to long island....Thanks

Waivers:

The Chicago Blackhawks have claimed Frans Nielsen off of waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The Calgary Flames have bought out the contract of Simon Despres. They will have a 0.5M caphit penalty for the next 4 seasons (2M of the remaining 3M owed).

The waiver list order will be resetting on July 1, reverse order of last year's standings with Vegas slotting in at #3, just like the draft lottery.

IMPORTANT NOTES FOR NTC/NMC

1) Old lists given for players with full NTC/NMC are no longer valid for any player. A list a player gave 1-12 months ago is no longer valid. Please reach out for new lists.

2) ALWAYS have the agent in the PM to confirm the player waiving.

Archived