The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

Training Camp Update! In the order they appear on my spreadsheet :) Bold = chance at the NHL based on camp so far.

Tobias Lindberg -- Still with the Leafs, has an very outside shot at sticking with the big club.

Marco Roy -- Can't find him anywhere, last seen in Alaska in the ECHL. Could be dead, I'm looking into it.

Michael Bunting -- Recently assigned to the AHL.

Jordan Greenway -- Committed to BU for one more year.

Dante Salituro -- Recently assigned to the AHL.

Lucas Wallmark -- Still in camp with the Hurricanes, I think he has a chance to stick.

Raphael Bussieres -- Playing with the Nottingham Panthers of the prestigious EIHL. @Nail please remove him http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122594

Rourke Chartier -- Still with the Sharks in camp, I doubt he sticks.

Olli Juolevi -- Still with the Canucks but I'd be shocked if he makes it out of camp on the big club.

Jakub Zboril -- Recently assigned to the AHL.

Noah Juulsen -- Hurt in camp and out for 6 weeks, he'll start in the AHL.

Ryan Segalla -- Recently signed in the ECHL.

Markus Nutivaara -- He's basically an NHL player now and will be coming up to the big club.

Keegan Lowe -- Recently assigned to the AHL.

Gabriel Carlsson -- He's also got a strong chance to make the CBJ blue line with Nutivaara. 

Brandon Gormley -- Recently invited to the Marlies training camp.

Zach Trotman -- Could be dead.

Vojtech Mozik -- Playing in Russia @Nail Please kill him. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=144799

Gustav Olofsson -- Looking like he'll make the Wild roster.

Johnathan MacLeod -- Playing for BU.

Parker Gahagen -- Recently released.

Marek Mazanec -- Playing in the KHL (but I'll hang onto his rights).

Dustin Tokarski -- Recently placed on waivers for assignment in the AHL.

Vitek Vanecek -- Recently assigned to the AHL.

Fredrik Bergvik -- Playing in Sweden, @Nail please kill him. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=168010

Unsigned Prospect Owen Tippett -- Still in camp, he might get a 9 game tryout.

I'll update this as things progress. 

Just a heads up now so teams know: As soon as the new thread goes up, each team will need to post/PM me their opening night 23 man roster, this is what will be entered into Pickup. Points will not count until this roster is sent into the league. This also serves as a mini activity check right before the season starts.

Carolina Hurricanes

My prospects are doing a lot better than I originally expected. Quite a number of guys are surviving pre-season cuts; and while there is still more to come, having this many players doing well is great for my club's future:

- Alexander Volkov

- Spencer Foo

- Oscar Fantenberg

- Aleksi Saarela

- Keegan Kolesar

- Axel Holmstrom

- Rasmus Andersson

- Alexandre Carrier

- Nick Ellis

- Collin Delia

- Kyle Wood

- Adin Hill

Bolded players have a realistic shot of making opening night roster. Which will actually create some nice issues for me.

45 minutes ago, Monty said:

IMG_1775.JPG.1650116dbf512748a2cf7deefe805860.JPG

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Ben Chiarot to a 2 year context extension, worth $3.8M ($1.9M AAV).

@Bombastik der Teutone

@Nail

18 hours ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To CHI: Ben Chiarot

To CBJ: CHI 2019 2nd Round Pick

The Chicago Blackhawks would like to welcome Ben Chiarot in Windy City.

Ben will solify our Defence for the Upcoming Season .

We thought its necessary to add another NHL experinced Blueliner to the Roster after some high expected Prospects was send back to the Minors during the Training Camp.

L.A. Kings - Preseason Highlights

Defenseman Brad Hunt is tied for 1st in the league for preseason points, with 6 in 3 games (3 PP points, and 3 ES). Definitely making a case to stick in Vegas, although he's got a lot of competition for a roster spot.

Kevin Labanc is picking up where he left off last year, with 3 goals in 3 games. And there's more ice time available in SJ with Marleau's departure.

D prospect Lukas Bengtsson seems to have a good routine down to handle his POTS diagnosis. He had been struggling with pain and fatigue for years, and now reportedly has more energy than ever before. Considering he had 6 points and a +14 in his 16 games before having to seek medical attention, it will be interesting to see how successful he is going forward. Many peg him as first in line for a D call-up in Pittsburgh (i.e. - Letang replacement once inevitable injury/stroke/coma/whatever hits). Seeing how there were serious questions over whether Bengtsson would be able to play at all mere months ago, this is great news.

Kenny Agostino has 2 points in 2 preseason games, and is a +2. Think there's a decent chance he makes the Bruins, even as a 13th forward.

Recently signed Alex Debrincat has had a great camp, and despite just having 1 goal in 3 games, has generated a lot of opportunities. Some say he may make the Blackhawks' opening day roster. Even if he gets sent down, he's likely one of the top call-up options this year.

Archived