The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

Signings:

The San Jose Sharks have signed John Mitchell to a 1 year deal worth 925K.

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed Derek Ryan to a 1 year deal worth 600K.

The Minnesota Wild have signed Aaron Dell to a 2 year deal worth 700K per year.

2 minutes ago, Nail said:

Signing

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed Derek Ryan to a 1 year deal worth 600K.

Happy to bring Derek Ryan back to the organization. Derek crossed the pond last year after years of playing overseas. In his first season, he led the Checkers in scoring, and received a 6 game call up to the NHL and scored twice. Did not extend him at first, as he was rumoured to go back overseas. However, he's had a very strong camp and is still on the Hurricanes roster, so I'm happy to bring him back.

34 minutes ago, Nail said:

Signings:

The San Jose Sharks have signed John Mitchell to a 1 year deal worth 925K.

The Sharks are happy to bring John into the fold. He will be a great addition to the bottom six.

The Sharks subsequently place Nathan Gerbe on waivers, for the purpose of being assigned to London (AHL).

4 hours ago, Nail said:

Signings:

The Minnesota Wild have signed Aaron Dell to a 2 year deal worth 700K per year.

Hard work fining a backup?

Aaron has clearly done his dues and appears to have won a back up job in real life San Jose at age 27?  After working his through the ECHL, having played at UND and a solid season in the minors last year. The Wild are excited for the competition to backup John Gibson. Having brought Peter Budaj, Mantas Armalis & now Dell to camp & given each a crack. 

Recall newly signed Aaron Dell to our NHL squad.

Assign Mantas Armalis to our minors squad (no waivers required).

Assign: Rinat Valiev to minors (no waivers required).

Recall Daniel Pribyl.

edit: finding a backup

3 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the great white north!

Sorry been really busy last few weeks with school. I will try to be more active

Hope everyone is having a better Thanksgiving than I am.

The family is all getting together, while I'm stuck at home, sick, spending all day on CDC... at least there's a game tonight.

56 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Hope everyone is having a better Thanksgiving than I am.

The family is all getting together, while I'm stuck at home, sick, spending all day on CDC... at least there's a game tonight.

I'm also sick, on my vacation :(

Is there still a free agent list up? Just looking to sign someone for cheap to fill up the last roster spot

48 minutes ago, Keslerific said:

I'm also sick, on my vacation :(

Is there still a free agent list up? Just looking to sign someone for cheap to fill up the last roster spot

Hope you get better in time to enjoy some of your vacation.

And here's the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17-A9zYzwCzJFmCwsFL1eRb5wTFW_LgkQV67wuqlsub0/edit#gid=1285308425

10 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

Dallas Stars hire Dak Prescott as AGM. His account is just awaiting approval, PM him and I when discussing trades please.

Tony Romo and Dak Prescott :o

Guess we know who's taking over for you now :bigblush:;)

19 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To DET: Jake Gardiner (1M retained by Rangers for 2016-17 season), Matt Nieto, NYR 2017 3rd Round Pick

To NYR: Matt Niskanen

Detroit would like to thank @Sidney Crosby. for the effective negotiations. Best of luck to Niskanen and his new team.

After a flurry of moves these past couple of weeks, I think we are finally ready to ice a full team and start the season. Wasn't easy as I had a ton of holes to fill, and had to sacrifice some playoff players to do so. Overall though, I think each deal I made, I'll come out on top in terms of regular season points. Luckily, I still have a handful of playoff bound players as well so if we are to make it there, we won't come empty handed.

Out: Alex Killorn, Cody Eakin, Matt Niskanen, Justin Williams, Dmytro Timashov, 2017 Detroit 3rd, 2018 Detroit 3rd/4th (conditional), 2018 Detroit 5th (Conditional)

In: Brock Nelson, Igor Shesterkin, Jack Dougherty, Marian Hossa, Colton Sceviour, Matt Nieto, Jack Johnson, Jake Gardiner, Joakim Nordstrom, Gabriel Bourque (?), Brock McGinn, Philip Samuelsson, 2017 LAK 1st, 2017 NYR 3rd

Detroit Red Wings Opening Night Roster

Jonathan Huberdeau - Jason Spezza - Marian Hossa

Matt Nieto - Brock Nelson - Evgeni Kuznetsov

Brock McGinn - Joakim Nordstrom - Nino Neiderreiter

Kyle Clifford - Derek MacKenzie - Colton Sceviour

Extras: Gabriel Bourque (hopefully)

Victor Hedman - Noah Hanifin

Andrej Sekera - Jake Gardiner

Dan Girardi - Jack Johnson

Extras: Adam McQuaid

Craig Anderson

Andrew MacHammond

Detroit is still looking for one of D guys for an equivalent forward or something around that. 1 more upgrade in the forward core would be nice. We aren't looking for someone over 33 though. Fun to watch the overall transition so far.

Detroit sends down Jonathan Marchesseault and Dylan Olsen @Nail

Archived