The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hodgson accepts role with Preds youth hockey program

elvis15

34 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Wasn't his side essentially that his dad wanted him to get more minutes?

I thought it was more. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill but I sweareally he had an interview when he was in Buffalo and they asked him about it. He said he'd reveal his side of the story when the time was right. 

6 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I thought it was more. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill but I sweareally he had an interview when he was in Buffalo and they asked him about it. He said he'd reveal his side of the story when the time was right. 

I remember that too, GB.  We shall see when the time comes, I guess.

11 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I remember that too, GB.  We shall see when the time comes, I guess.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/sec.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/cody-hodgson-still-dealing-with-canucks-rumours/article14909466/%3fservice=amp?client=ms-android-samsung

@'NucK™

Kind of a funny article to read from the future lol.

2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I think it would be more prideful to go to Europe. Maybe he thinks he has made money, and doesn't need to work. 

If he went to Europe he might actually have to PLAY...this way he can slowly weasel his way into the administrative side of Pro Hockey... Well played CoHo, you are most surely management material. 

...so finally the Hodgson saga can be put to rest.  From WJC hero, to potential Trevor Linden replacement (captain material according to many Canucks fans), to rumors of his dad interfering due to his lack of minutes, to the Kassian trade, to his big contract with Buffalo, to his buyout and rapidly declining play in part to earlier injuries, and now his early retirement.  One of the most memorable Canucks in franchise history for all the wrong reasons.  His bandwagon was vocal and greatly disappointed.  

Mike Gillis, who had been largely silent on the reasons why he traded the player he made his first draft pick as Vancouver Canucks general manager four years ago, labelled Hodgson a chronic complainer during his end-of-season post-mortem Tuesday at Rogers Arena.

"There clearly were issues that were ongoing," Gillis said of Hodgson. "I spent more time on Cody's issues than every other player combined on our team the last three years."

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canuck+Cody+Hodgson+complainer+didn+want+here+says+Mike+Gillis/6512641/story.html

Good luck with the youth Cody.

Just now, Green Building said:

Mike Gillis, who had been largely silent on the reasons why he traded the player he made his first draft pick as Vancouver Canucks general manager four years ago, labelled Hodgson a chronic complainer during his end-of-season post-mortem Tuesday at Rogers Arena.

"There clearly were issues that were ongoing," Gillis said of Hodgson. "I spent more time on Cody's issues than every other player combined on our team the last three years."

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canuck+Cody+Hodgson+complainer+didn+want+here+says+Mike+Gillis/6512641/story.html

Good luck with the youth Cody.

I believe the issue was Codys parents and not so much Cody...

Just now, AriGold said:

I believe the issue was Codys parents and not so much Cody...

That was certainly the rumour at the time. Either way, when you draft a player the parents shouldn't come as part of a packaged deal. 

"We made a determination that he didn't want to be here, we built him into something we could move,"  Mike Gillis

If the previous statement as true then that's that, even if your dad is your agent, or is simply business buds with your agent and whispers in his ear at all times, it's up to you as an individual to demonstrate or show the opposite of what Gillis felt. Winter was much a problem as Hodgson's dad was.  

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

Hmm that is interesting. It was probably just a culmination of things that made him want out of Van, rather than one big issue that everyone tries to pinpoint. 

Media assuming you're not happy due to lack of playtime, leading to a rumour that your dad is involved? Would piss me off too... 

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

Good on you for digging that article up.  I look forward to hearing Cody's side in all this.  It sure was a strange situation.

Funny how that trade was a bust on all accounts (Zack didn't work here, Cody did look good to start but fell flat on his face).  Would've thought that he could've had a chance to at least try to earn his way back to the big leagues as he's only 26, but if he's retiring due to injury then that's too bad (hope it's not because he just didn't feel like trying anymore or simply gave up and decided to take the rest of his life easy).  

Best wishes to him, maybe he would want to have a comeback some day; if not, at least hope he can be a positive role model for the young Preds.

Archived