The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2016-2017] Canuck Prospect Stats Tracker

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Why not just amalgamate them all?

This will be Jasek's third season bouncing between the top two divisions. At this point, I don't know if we should care about how well he does in Div II. Unless he can start cutting it in Div I, we probably shouldn't have that much interest in Jasek.

Last year my updates tailed off because there were too many players to update. I'm trying to keep the effort involved in updating low so that the number of updates can remain high.

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

OP updated with stats through Wednesday.

Thanks for doing this again DbtR. We all appreciate it. Couple of points. I don't really consider Hutton or Markstrom to be prospects any more. I think they have both demonstrated that they are NHL players, so we can get their stats pretty easily, no point in wasting your time updating their stats. And I didn't realize that Try was so good offensively; 2 goals in zero games is pretty impressive. Lol.

47 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Has even one of our legitimate amateur prospects had a bad start? Amazing to see so many of the kids just killing it this year. Used to be we'd have maybe one or two guys really worth keeping an eye on throughout the season. How many this year? Six? Eight? More? 

I'm going to get heat for this but I'm not impressed with Juolevi's start. 

Hiso stat line looks decent but he had a couple rough games including a -4 night.

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

I'm going to get heat for this but I'm not impressed with Juolevi's start. 

Hiso stat line looks decent but he had a couple rough games including a -4 night.

No heat coming (from me anyway).

I think it's fair to say Juolevi's start hasn't been great. He's basically on the same pace as last season statistically, and it's true that he's struggled in a couple games. But I wouldn't say he's been poor. Just maybe not as impressive (yet) as hoped.

And maybe we're a bit spoiled with how many of the other prospects are exceeding expectations. Possibly Juolevi is looking a little ordinary in comparison? Similar thing with several of the other 2016 top picks making the NHL (including a couple of the Ds he'll be compared to for years) and him going back to juniors. 

I still expect significant progression from Juolevi over the season though. Probably just needs to settle in a bit. Losing key teammates to "graduation" to the NHL, taking on more responsibilities, etc etc.

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No heat coming (from me anyway).

I think it's fair to say Juolevi's start hasn't been great. He's basically on the same pace as last season statistically, and it's true that he's struggled in a couple games. But I wouldn't say he's been poor. Just maybe not as impressive (yet) as hoped.

And maybe we're a bit spoiled with how many of the other prospects are exceeding expectations. Possibly Juolevi is looking a little ordinary in comparison? Similar thing with several of the other 2016 top picks making the NHL (including a couple of the Ds he'll be compared to for years) and him going back to juniors. 

I still expect significant progression from Juolevi over the season though. Probably just needs to settle in a bit. Losing key teammates to "graduation" to the NHL, taking on more responsibilities, etc etc.

I agree with all this. It's not like I'm not sold on him. Just like you said compared to the hot starts of many of our prospects his season looks very vanilla right now.

Posted without comment:

Truthfully, it’s difficult to see what Vancouver sees in this deal. If the prize is Gudbranson, well, the prize is something like a third-pairing defender. And the premium they paid – a legitimate prospect and multiple picks – is, in a word, inexplicable.

Call it like it is: Florida took advantage of a team who egregiously misvalued a defenceman to once again win a trade in striking fashion. 

http://www.tsn.ca/panthers-take-advantage-of-canucks-in-lopsided-trade-1.496247

Okay, I'll comment. McCann has zero points in 5 games.

Archived