The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 5 most hated Canucks of all time

Salacious Crumb

For me it's pretty easy - hated the Oilers and Flames in the '80's because they kicked our butts pretty often. My most hated:

Mark Messier - everything was wrong about his time here no matter what Naslund said.

Esa Tikkanen - there is some fun in an adult man smuggling beer onto a plane after a game but he is/was/always an Oiler during their glory years.

Tim Hunter - lots of people rave about how great a teammate this guy was. He stuck up for Fluery too many times for me to cheer for him.

Matt Cooke - loved him at first then grew tired of how dirty he would hit a guy.

Raffi Torres - same a Cooke. Started off great and then became a liability.

Players who I don't like past or present for whatever reasons are below.... Flame away....

1. Mark Messier

2. Mike Keenan

3. Ryan Kesler

4. Alex Burrows

5. Aaron Rome (The series changer and single biggest reason we lost vs Boston. I know it's a reach but if Aaron doesn't make that hit we win the series.) 

6 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Players who I don't like past or present for whatever reasons are below.... Flame away....

1. Mark Messier

2. Mike Keenan

3. Ryan Kesler

4. Alex Burrows

5. Aaron Rome (The series changer and single biggest reason we lost vs Boston. I know it's a reach but if Aaron doesn't make that hit we win the series.) 

Replace Rome with Bieksa and that list is perfect. 

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Replace Rome with Bieksa and that list is perfect. 

Really ? I personally liked Juice where he was here. Only single thing I disliked is he spot picked his fights and usually only (besides Eager) took on other teams top 6 players.

1. Booth

Knew right from the start he was going to be a cuck. His glaring tunnel vision issues made him an automatic no no with Kesler and he couldn't even put the puck in the net when he was selfish (which was always). Annoyed me to no end.

2. Garrison

Sedin's maintaining a great shift in the O zone and looking to spread the love? Give to Garrison so he can play ping pong with defenders shins and the backboards. Best momentum killer I've ever seen.

3. Schneider

&^@# anyone who has teeth that nice.

4. Sundin

He did wonders for Kesler's development but that first half of the year where he was still deciding was brutal.

5. Messier

Wasn't a fan at the time but I have to hate him by default. Seems to be a fan pre-requisite. Plus his smile gives me the creeps.

1 minute ago, AriGold said:

Really ? I personally liked Juice where he was here. Only single thing I disliked is he spot picked his fights and usually only (besides Eager) took on other teams top 6 players.

Yeah the spot picking was huge. Everyone labelled him as a tough guy but I just saw him as a coward. 

The worst was when everyone was commending him for "stepping in for rookie Lain" in the brawl with the Flames. Doing so he refused to fight Westgarth only to be quick to go after Smid and still managed to lose and Lain fought Westgarth anyway and held his own. 

My only respect towards him is how he helped out Rypien as much as he could. 

Other than that, an arrogant, cocky, extremely overrated spot picker. 

Sorry mine are other teams that hated our guys which to me I only hated one guy Rome for his late hit and naslung for his weak leadership and playoff lack of play!

Tiger Williams

Gino Odjick

Matt Cooke

Alex Burrows

Pavel Bure   <<<< did some cheap hits and left D men shaking their heads as how he got by them!!!!!

those are the all time most hated Canucks!!!!

Brashear was another but these were just ahead of him

30 minutes ago, AriGold said:

1. Mark Messier

2. Mike Keenan

3. Ryan Kesler

4. Alex Burrows

Hard to agree with Rome. That hit didn't change the series. If anything, it helped since it took out Horton.

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Hard to agree with Rome. That hit didn't change the series. If anything, it helped since it took out Horton.

First 2 game were Canucks hockey, all skill, Boston had no energy and lacked enthusiasm.

Game 1 Canucks + Boston = 10 PIMS

Game 2 Canucks + Boston = 28 PIMS

Then the big hit happened at the beginning of game 3 and it went from a skill game to a physical one which we weren't ready for. The next 2 games were overly physical/super agressive and the Canucks couldn't handle it. 

Game 3 Canucks + Boston = 145 PIMS

Game 4 Canucks + Boston = 66 PIMS

Can't forget this in game 6. Romo literally walked into the bear cave and poked the bear, the chaos that ensued lost us the series IMO.

Messier - because Messier

Sopel - It's like the guys brain turned off the second he touched the puck

Sundin - because, take a massive payday to mail it in for a couple of months.

Kesler - arrogant worm.

Booth / Sammuellssenn/ Ruutu / Lapierre / Cooke (last 2yrs in Van) / Ballard / .. there are more

53 minutes ago, AriGold said:

1. Mark Messier

2. Mike Keenan

3. Ryan Kesler

4. Alex Burrows

How do you not like burrows

Archived