The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Blow it up

Canucks future  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had a good thanksgiving, thanks man.

But I honestly laughed at the prospect of blowing it up. It's not like we have a load of vets like we did a few years ago. We already have a young team teeming with prospect yearning to prove themselves. Let's just wait out the next few years with the team we have (and will have with guys like Boeser and Demko) and see where we end up. Any extra gems Benning finds in the draft will only help us more.

It's also worth noting that I think 1st round picks are heavily overrated. Just based on my experience, the average first rounder outside of the top 10 (so 11-30) ends up being about a 3rd liner (comme Gaunce) or a #4-#6 defenseman. Getting seven 1st round picks doesn't mean seven future stars.

Man. Can you imagine if a GM actually tried this? Jimmy Benning, up late at night, sobbing into his whiskey. With fumbling fingers he starts dialing every GM in the league. "I would like to trade you. My team. All of it. Please? Just take it away. Bye bye. My team for yours? My team for some picks? How about for a bottle of booz. Trade ya my team for a bottle of luke-warm booz". 

Luckily his memory for GM phone numbers is spotty, so he only called the Pizza Hut down the street, his grade 4 math teacher, and of course Orcasgonewild. Who has betrayed the master plan to us. 

17 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Why not? Any player can get traded for the right price. I respectfully disagree as I dont see how your comment makes sense. 

Sedins, Sutter, Edler, Eriksson, Burrows.

Any player with a NTC/NMC can tell a GM to STFU.

17 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Why not? Any player can get traded for the right price. I respectfully disagree as I dont see how your comment makes sense. 

Sedins, Sutter, Edler, Eriksson, Burrows.

Any player with a NTC/NMC can tell a GM to STFU.

Archived