• 10/10 Hockey Sense

• 9.5/10 Puck Control & Handling Under Pressure

• 9.5/10 Shot

• 9.5/10 Passing

• 9/10 Positioning & Transition Game

• 8.5/10 Defensive Awareness

• 8.5/10 Physical Development & Athletic Care

• Mittelstadt Notes (as of 10/13/16):
    • Very aware in the offensive zone, and already has NHL-level footspeed. Hockey sense is remarkable and is the undeniable trademark of his talent level. His ability to read the play and initiate plays that he already knows the opposition will not be able to handle is not unlike that which we have seen from other young, elite-level talents that have come out of the NHL Draft lately - namely Kyle Connor and Dylan Larkin. Calm puck handling and doesn't get rattled. Very, very hard to rub off the puck, and is very strong on his skates. His shot and passing are excellent, but need to be a touch more consistent to be considered top of his age tier. Positioning and transition game are absolutely elite for his age-range, but to translate to the NHL will need fine-tuning. Defensive awareness and physical development are reminiscent of Bo Horvat in his draft year. Stocky and very well-rounded in his own zone with the primary initiative to move the puck out himself.
    • Considering where he is already at and how consistent a threat he has been in a meager system like Eden Prairie, expect big things from him with Green Bay. His instincts are deadly, and he is able to completely dominate offensively and lock it down defensively. No NHL comparisons yet, as if I slip up here and say who I think he plays like, I will be butchered. It is too early. I will say he could well be an elite-level talent that ranks amongst the top in the NHL one day if he is developed to be that centerpiece of an NHL team's top line.
    • NHL and EP list him as 6'1" 201 lbs.
    • Position: Center
    • Played Left Wing for Logan Brown at the U18s

https://www.nhl.com/news/2017-draft-casey-mittelstadt-eyes-minnesota-title/c-283565864

I think he really has a good chance to jump into the top 5. I think with the recent USHL top prospects having great seasons in college and progressing exceptionally in 1 or 2 seasons USHL will no longer be a league where it's considered a "easy" league. 

2 hours ago, Rex425 said:

I think he really has a good chance to jump into the top 5. I think with the recent USHL top prospects having great seasons in college and progressing exceptionally in 1 or 2 seasons USHL will no longer be a league where it's considered a "easy" league. 

Isn't USHL comparable to the OHL?

21 hours ago, Odd. said:

Isn't USHL comparable to the OHL?

It really is, but a few years ago (even last year) people really thought that the OHL is a way better league. Like for example people freaked out when we picked boeser. 

On 10/14/2016 at 9:33 PM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Draftsite.com has him at 11 and my NHL draft have him at 7

iss has him at 13 hockeysfuture and future consideration has him at 6.

who is better?  Maxime comtois or mittlestat?

In my opinion, there are very few players better than Mittelstadt in his age range.
Patrick, Vilardi, Mittelstadt I see as the top 3 forwards; Liljegren, Foote, and Salo I see as the top 3 d-men.

Thanks for making this thread. Mittelstadt is my favorite prospect from this draft.

On 10/18/2016 at 0:48 AM, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

In my opinion, there are very few players better than Mittelstadt in his age range.
Patrick, Vilardi, Mittelstadt I see as the top 3 forwards; Liljegren, Foote, and Salo I see as the top 3 d-men.

Where do you have Yamamoto and Tolvanen?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2016 at 7:04 AM, Toews said:

Thanks for making this thread. Mittelstadt is my favorite prospect from this draft.

Where do you have Yamamoto and Tolvanen?

Go to to his page on Eliteprospects.com. 
You can now hear his name's pronunciation - as spoken by yours truly. Just click the button next to his name!

:lol:

outside the top 2, I think its between him vilardi, tippett, hirschier and rasmussen for top 3

I bet vgas picks him at 3

1. ARZ - Patrick

2.CAR -Lligren

3. Vegas - Hischier

4. CAG - Tippett

5. VAN - Rasmussen or Mittelstadt

6.COL -

7.NYI - Vilardi

Thats how I see it going.

I love Mittelstadt , but you cannot deny the monster seasons from tippett, Rasmussen and Hischier in arguably tougher leagues

My top ten kind of looks like this:
1. Patrick
2. Liljegren
3. = Mittelstadt = 
4. = Vilardi =
5. Foote
6. Kostin
7. Tolvanen
8. Hague
9. Poehling
10. Vesalainen

Rasmussen, Tippett, Hischier definitely could be considered an extension of the top 10. Popugaev is also another jaw-dropping talent. It's really more of a top-14 or 15 for this year, but right now, the guys in my top 10 really just sort of stand out.

• 3 weeks later...
On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 0:18 PM, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

How bout that Juuso Valimaki (sp) D playing for Tri-city?

32pts in 30 games....6'2" 200lbs

How I'd Cal Foote better than Juuso other than size?

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 1:40 PM, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

My top ten kind of looks like this:
1. Patrick
2. Liljegren
3. = Mittelstadt = 
4. = Vilardi =
5. Foote
6. Kostin
7. Tolvanen
8. Hague
9. Poehling
10. Vesalainen

Rasmussen, Tippett, Hischier definitely could be considered an extension of the top 10. Popugaev is also another jaw-dropping talent. It's really more of a top-14 or 15 for this year, but right now, the guys in my top 10 really just sort of stand out.

Vesalainan seems to be falling as well. Being loaned to Liiga from Frolunda of SHL. Anything to that? Or is the "big Finn like Laine" bubble simply bursting?

Archived