The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Miller to the Kings

1 hour ago, Realtor Rod said:

Sounds like Quick is out 3 to 4 months. 

28 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

2 'quick' goals in the 2nd.  LA down 0-2.  Miller Time!

I don't disagree they're more likely to look for offers now, but they'll still likely go a few games with who they have so they can see if there's an option there. I'm not going to look at the goalies currently out there, but if we can get a good young player back and one of their extra goalies then I'm good with that.

1 hour ago, Dragyn said:

Quick out 3-4 months,  Tanner Pearson  FOR Miller, 3 Mil retained, Columbus's 2nd 2018.  The young left winger that could really help,  Miller says yes for chance at Stanley & wife works there,  L.A. also needs cap space for Toffoli for next year.  Flame away.

I'd rather him go for 3 million retained for one year and their 1st round pick as it's probably going to be a mid to late pick. It's only salary for this year. A 1st rounder for a rental is not unheard of.  (But I guess I'm asking too much...)

21 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

miller is going to take a beating this year with no goals for and a net full against.   Its gonna be ugly.  Miller resigns for one more year at discount

Miller looked pretty solid in net last night.  If he keeps that up in next few games, maybe it will raise his stock with the Kings

11 minutes ago, Odjick_fan said:

Miller looked pretty solid in net last night.  If he keeps that up in next few games, maybe it will raise his stock with the Kings

IDo you see JB trading Miller though?  We are going for a playoff spot, according to management.  I really don't see JB moving Miller, even to LA (where Miller would happily waive to go) and JB getting a good offer. 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IDo you see JB trading Miller though?  We are going for a playoff spot, according to management.  I really don't see JB moving Miller, even to LA (where Miller would happily waive to go) and JB getting a good offer. 

True...GMJB has shown some pretty questionable trades and holding out on a decent Miller trade would be an absurd move on his part IMO.

But yes I can see him trade Miller, he would be silly not to if the offer was right

Just now, Odjick_fan said:

True...GMJB has shown some pretty questionable trades and holding out on a decent Miller trade would be an absurd move on his part IMO.

But yes I can see him trade Miller, he would be silly not to if the offer was right

I sure hope you are right, because I think Markstrom is ready to take on the number one role, and getting a good asset for Miller right now (instead of nothing later) would help our rebuild.  Could we get the coming LA first rounder?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I sure hope you are right, because I think Markstrom is ready to take on the number one role, and getting a good asset for Miller right now (instead of nothing later) would help our rebuild.  Could we get the coming LA first rounder?  

I guess it might depend on what other goalies are available and most likely, most of the available goalies would waive their NTC or NMC to live in LA.  It is hard to say what the return would be, let alone an offer from LA.  But if it included a 1st or even a 2nd, I think that is way higher than all the media outlets project for Millers' trade value.  I think many media think his trade value is nothing more than a 4 or 5 round pick.

On October 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Realtor Rod said:

If he goes on LT (which he could if it is the same injury as price) none of those goalies is enough to get them to the playoffs. This is a contender, they would look for proven stability. 

I tend to agree with you that this isn't that far fetched. I think Miller would be happy to backstop Quick once he's back and play some games so they can keep Quick fresh for playoffs. Question is what are the Kings willing to give up if the Italians retain 50%. I'd like to see a prospect and a conditional pick if they make it deep.

Archived