The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Skille | #9 | RW

-AJ-

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/12/2016 at 3:00 AM, ajhockey said:

I just had a look at Skille's first goal tonight--his reception of Gudbranson's pass is elite-level. No idea where that came from, but I like it.

And then his goal against Florida was probably even better.  Beats three guys and then the goalie.  Where has this been all season?  The guy was a top 10 pick at one time, so at that point the potential was seen by someone.  Here's hoping he finally has his coming out year.  Extremely late bloomer if it happens.  Could also be just a two game flash in the pan, we'll have to wait and see.

7 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

And then his goal against Florida was probably even better.  Beats three guys and then the goalie.  Where has this been all season?  The guy was a top 10 pick at one time, so at that point the potential was seen by someone.  Here's hoping he finally has his coming out year.  Extremely late bloomer if it happens.  Could also be just a two game flash in the pan, we'll have to wait and see.

13th man , ill take the flash in the pan

Also have been impressed recently with Skillzy. Don't mind our depth-selections at all..dating back about a full calendar yr. If Rodin pans out, & the twins are split...

Baer - Hank - Hansen

Daniel - Sutter - Eriksson

Rodin - Horvat - Skillzy/Burr

Chaput/Megna back to Utica, helping the farm.

Package Granny/Baer + Tanev/Edler, & we'll have a decent top-9.

Should be an 85~90 pt squad..not like the papers said(65 pts!)

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Good chance they wouldn't have been bad enough to draft Kane. Kopitar had a very good 06/07 season.

Lol, yeah, it's like people who say "if the Oilers drafted Seguin/Scheifele/Murray, they'd be unstoppable right now right McDavid.

They wouldn't have even come close to finishing last to get McDavid lol how does that even make sense at all

13 hours ago, samurai said:

I would rather see young guys in the line up. He is 30 and won't be back next year.  He probably started to realize that his NHL career was really getting to the end. 

Yea. Skille's played well enough but I would still have preferred to have kept Etem. 

1 hour ago, RyIe said:

Yea. Skille's played well enough but I would still have preferred to have kept Etem. 

Both Etem and Skille are transition players. Frankly Skille has shown more but also has more experience. I doubt either are with the Canucks next year. 

13 hours ago, samurai said:

I would rather see young guys in the line up. He is 30 and won't be back next year.  He probably started to realize that his NHL career was really getting to the end. 

He's 29. Still has plenty of speed, decent size and more than capable on a 3rd/4th line role for at least a few years. Sedins, Burrows, Eriksson, Hansen, Dorsett are all older with more mileage and signs of slowing down (well except Hansen). 

14 hours ago, samurai said:

You'd rather see Virtanen playing 5-8 minutes or sitting in the press box and stalling his development because there isn't enough practice time at the NHL level to learn and practice the things he needs to get more than 5-8 minutes of ice time?

Guys like Skille are EXACTLY the type of guys you want as your 13th forward. Veteran guys who already know how to play and who are just happy to get ANY ice time and still play at the NHL level and earn an NHL paycheque. They slide in and out of the lineup easily and happily.

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

You'd rather see Virtanen playing 5-8 minutes or sitting in the press box and stalling his development because there isn't enough practice time at the NHL level to learn and practice the things he needs to get more than 5-8 minutes of ice time?

Guys like Skille are EXACTLY the type of guys you want as your 13th forward. Veteran guys who already know how to play and who are just happy to get ANY ice time and still play at the NHL level and earn an NHL paycheque. They slide in and out of the lineup easily and happily.

Well you are assuming that I agree with giving guys 5 minutes a night.  I don't, I think guys like Valk, Grenier, and few others should be getting looks and the 'aged core' should be playing fewer minutes.   Don't agree with putting a guy in the line up and letting him play 5 minutes.  

21 minutes ago, samurai said:

Well you are assuming that I agree with giving guys 5 minutes a night.  I don't, I think guys like Valk, Grenier, and few others should be getting looks and the 'aged core' should be playing fewer minutes.   Don't agree with putting a guy in the line up and letting him play 5 minutes.  

No, I'm assuming that's simply not reality. 

21 hours ago, Senpai said:

Lol, yeah, it's like people who say "if the Oilers drafted Seguin/Scheifele/Murray, they'd be unstoppable right now right McDavid.

They wouldn't have even come close to finishing last to get McDavid lol how does that even make sense at all

The only people who can somewhat claim the what if game is Buffalo.  Two years in a row they lost the draft lottery and missed out on Ekblad and McDavid.  Granted Reinhart and Eichel aren't bad consolation prizes, but still.

• 1 month later...
On 2016-12-13 at 9:16 PM, Wilbur said:

The only people who can somewhat claim the what if game is Buffalo.  Two years in a row they lost the draft lottery and missed out on Ekblad and McDavid.  Granted Reinhart and Eichel aren't bad consolation prizes, but still.

i wouldn't complain if we got Ekblad. lol. 

Archived