The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks/Panthers Brawl Jan 2016

whytelight

During the overtime, Shawn Thornton made a comment about the Twins...so when the Canucks scored, Henrik skated by the bench to chirp back at Shawn, resulting in the melee.  Good thing we have Guddy on our side haha.  Imagine Tryamkin, was in this...would love to see who he would've rag dolled

Shawn &%*#&%$ Thornton chirped at the Sedins before the OT. Sedins scored in the OT and chipred back.

There were allegations that Thornton's chirp involved a mention of Rick Rypien. Unsubstantiated rumor though... but knowing the Sedins, it must have been something so bad to tick them off. Not surprising given that it's that scumbag Thornton.

Lol, reminds me of Denis Potvin's stupid comment regarding this. Something about finger and cheesestick or breadstick or something like that.

43 minutes ago, khay said:

Shawn f*cking Thornton chirped at the Sedins before the OT. Sedins scored in the OT and chipred back.

There were allegations that Thornton's chirp involved a mention of Rick Rypien. Unsubstantiated rumor though... but knowing the Sedins, it must have been something so bad to tick them off. Not surprising given that it's that scumbag Thornton.

Lol, reminds me of Denis Potvin's stupid comment regarding this. Something about finger and cheesestick or breadstick or something like that.

“The Sedins are pointing fingers now … Normally they only use those fingers to lick the peanut butter off of their bread.”  -Denis Potvin

37 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I wouldn't really call that a brawl

I was thinking the same thing.  I remember it happening, because nobody knew what happened to get it going......what could Sedin have said?

But a brawl?  In the 70s and 80s that was just the standard ending to many games.

Wow, if it really was something about Rypien that would be a whole new low. I can't see Danny or Hank reacting to your standard hockey chirping or even to trash talk about the 2011 finals. I wonder if there's any post game quotes from Daniel we could try to glean from? 

And that Denis Potvin blah blah is lame. I'm sure he had that quote ready for a Sedin. That's an example of how they still don't get their proper respect around the league. Good thing he had to eat crow and apologize shortly thereafter. Made himself look like a silly moron. 

Archived