The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Trading for big gritty wingers who can score

Well as Benning was saying four months ago.... We are looking for a big gritty winger who can score goals. So...... since he is obviously taking his time to find that perfect fit, for the oginization. Who might you:blink: think, that fits that role? Who can we trade for? to get that player. Without having cap issues;) Without hurting our defence? In my opinion. Is exactly what we need. But.... Not just one more, big gritty forward who can score goals. I think we need two! If we can get two beaut players. 2nd line ringers! Without trading our top prospects aswell our current key role and upcoming players. Such as Virtanen, Boeser, Juolevi, Hutton, Horvat, etc.... I think Canucks can go deep into the playoffs. It's just a matter of who???? We can Grab for a decent price tag! Two players who can score and are fast, young and has a passion for the Beautiful Game we call Hockey! Let's ponder some ideas for Benning to make that extra step;) I think we need for a successful 2016-17 campaignB)

Imho:) I thought Yakipov aswell Kane would have been two solid options for cheap price tags! without hurting our team! There are more players out there like these two! That we might be able to snag up sometime as this season progresses. Thoughts and opinions is all I ask for:)

And yes! I already seen this tread in discussions before! {report} (Canucks looking for big gritty winger who can score) just would like to see more insight from other people on cdc;) more creative ideas! You know... cause that's how we might make that trade plausible;) Where it's a win! win! situation! And get those big time game changing players:) To make this team go the extra distance! Instead of holding back,  let's push forward:)

Where do these 2 new forwards go in the line up? Baring injury, our team doesn't have a ton of line space. I could see justifying one if either Virt or Gaunce need to head to Utica to tidy up their game, but I highly doubt both do. 

Furthermore, Benning stated in the summer that he was trying to get just one of the two players you suggest, and was unable to do so. Clearly the price is two high and he is unwilling to part with valuable building blocks for our future team at this time. Like it or not, our new gritty forward is Skille. He had a decent showing and didn't cost us anything in a trade. We get what we get and we don't get upset. 

On October 15, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Knucks16 said:

Well as Benning was saying four months ago.... We are looking for a big gritty winger who can score goals. So...... since he is obviously taking his time to find that perfect fit, for the oginization. Who might you:blink: think, that fits that role? Who can we trade for? to get that player. Without having cap issues;) Without hurting our defence? In my opinion. Is exactly what we need. But.... Not just one more, big gritty forward who can score goals. I think we need two! If we can get two beaut players. 2nd line ringers! Without trading our top prospects aswell our current key role and upcoming players. Such as Virtanen, Boeser, Juolevi, Hutton, Horvat, etc.... I think Canucks can go deep into the playoffs. It's just a matter of who???? We can Grab for a decent price tag! Two players who can score and are fast, young and has a passion for the Beautiful Game we call Hockey! Let's ponder some ideas for Benning to make that extra step;) I think we need for a successful 2016-17 campaignB)

Imho:) I thought Yakipov aswell Kane would have been two solid options for cheap price tags! without hurting our team! There are more players out there like these two! That we might be able to snag up sometime as this season progresses. Thoughts and opinions is all I ask for:)

And yes! I already seen this tread in discussions before! {report} (Canucks looking for big gritty winger who can score) just would like to see more insight from other people on cdc;) more creative ideas! You know... cause that's how we might make that trade plausible;) Where it's a win! win! situation! And get those big time game changing players:) To make this team go the extra distance! Instead of holding back,  let's push forward:)

Nick Ritchie

So you're looking for a big young tough winger that can score while giving nothing up for him? The reason nothing has happened so far is the price tag has been too high for what Benning is looking for. Giving up nothing of value doesn't seem to be an option.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016-10-21 at 3:07 AM, Baggins said:

So you're looking for a big young tough winger that can score while giving nothing up for him? The reason nothing has happened so far is the price tag has been too high for what Benning is looking for. Giving up nothing of value doesn't seem to be an option.

I think any thing is plausible considering their current situations. I think a percentage of salary retained is also plausible and could come without giving up any of our core prospects like Boeser Joulevi virtanen demko! imho;)

On Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 11:42 PM, kenhodgejr said:

Nick Ritchie

Going to cost us Tanev or Boeser to get Ritchie. 

Rather do Edler for McCarron.  Probably wouldn't take a lot of convincing to get Edler to waive to play on the best team in hockey and ride shotgun for Weber.

2 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

I think any thing is plausible considering their current situations. I think a percentage of salary retained is also plausible and could come without giving up any of our core prospects like Boeser Joulevi virtanen demko! imho;)

Nobody is going to give up any decent top 6 forward with size and speed for spare parts. You have to give something to get something.

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Rather do Edler for McCarron.  Probably wouldn't take a lot of convincing to get Edler to waive to play on the best team in hockey and ride shotgun for Weber.

Because of how valuable Edler could be if he's put on the market, I'd want at least another prospect and/or a pick along with McCarron. The kids good and has awesome size, but he's not worth a legit top four D straight up. 

5 hours ago, Pears said:

Because of how valuable Edler could be if he's put on the market, I'd want at least another prospect and/or a pick along with McCarron. The kids good and has awesome size, but he's not worth a legit top four D straight up. 

If we are adding value, it would probably have to include a lower value roster player instead of a pick, as the Habs don't have enough cap space for Edler. 

On 11/14/2016 at 10:24 PM, Fanuck said:

Hmm I like this idea if Eddie would waive his NTC though. (or if Mont would be interested)

Archived