The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SEPERATE THE SEDINS?

BCXXXBUDBOY

I think we should keep them together 5 on 5 but in OT, I think it's worth trying to split them apart. As shown yesterday (despite it is just one shift), we had scored a goal in 3 on 3 OT. I think when both Henrik and Daniel are out there in 3 on 3, neither of them are speedster that could hang in for the 3 on 3. Both of them prefer the cycle game and they pass up a lot of shooting opportunities. If we split them up 3 on 3 like Daniel with Sutter, Henrik with Eriksson/Hansen we may be able to generate something as both of the Sedins are smart players and can move the puck very well. The other forward out there could make up for their lack of speed, and we do need shooters to finish their chances and I think it's worth trying splitting up the Sedins in 3 on 3s going forward.

Not only do I not want them split up, I want to call their brothers Peter and Stefan to see what they're up to.  Maybe we can slide them in beside them.  #The10minuteshift

Honestly, I prefer that they work their magic and remind other teams that they can still do what they do. 

17 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

When all along the search for that second line center has been right under our noses. If Henrik is a 1st line center why not daniel? They are identical right? 

How's Daniel in the dot by the way? 

What is his face off percentage? 

Problem is that all these years, Henrik's really been a LW. ;) 

Why do we automatically assume they will be better separated? They don't get separated for Team Sweden do they? 

I know lets lose Hutton on waivers, and put him in Utica, and call up Pedan. And then have Tryamkin and Pedan as the 1st line pairing in defence!

Then put them on PK and first unit PP!

You know, because. 

So you guys say let's not split up what works?

Well the Sedins continued nose dive in production since 2011 may say other wise. 

I love how the answer to the top lines struggles is always about finding them the right winger instead of the fact they are two slow players who need Jesus on their line to do anything. 

Sorry but if they need that much help to do anything then they shouldn't be on the same line. 

Elite 1st line players shouldn't need a guy to work hard enough for the 3 of them for them to have any success at all. 

Not sure why people are opposed to this. What's the worst that could happen?

Continuing from the back half of last season and the first two games of this season...they have faded fast. Getting them away from each other could be a good thing. 

1 good shift in 2 games combined with a downward trend in their production the last number of years should be more than enough justification to try and do something new for once. 

Keeping things the same because they worked 6 years ago isn't a good enough reason to keep the status quo. 

2 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

After all the tremendous hate that was given to the OP, Willie decided to split up the Sedins. Must be hard to talk with your foot in your mouth.

Your point seems counterintuitive.  What WD does rarely appeals to the masses.  

Splitting the Sedins at this point is ridiculous.  It's only 4 games in.  While they haven't produced in masses, they've produced a couple of times when it was really needed.  They've been defensively responsible.  Long story short, there's no reason to split them at this point. 

I can see the intent of the OP maybe I am wrong but I think he believes that they are both extraordinary players and it might be a waste to not have them contributing on two lines. But the thing to remember is what makes the Sedin's the Sedin's is the 's. Without the 's  they would just be the Sedin, I don't think people can wrap their head around that

22 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Your point seems counterintuitive.  What WD does rarely appeals to the masses.  

Splitting the Sedins at this point is ridiculous.  It's only 4 games in.  While they haven't produced in masses, they've produced a couple of times when it was really needed.  They've been defensively responsible.  Long story short, there's no reason to split them at this point. 

22 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

For two shifts?

You two really can't handle the fact that it might be a good move every once in a while. Go ahead, respond again discrediting me. It happened and it will likely happen again.

31 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

You two really can't handle the fact that it might be a good move every once in a while. Go ahead, respond again discrediting me. It happened and it will likely happen again.

When people discuss whether the Sedins should be split up, they're usually referring to multiple games.  I don't think anyone cares that much if they're split for a few shifts here and there or even a game.  It's just ridiculous to give it a longer trial. 

BTW - not sure how any of this discussion "discredits" you.

On 10/17/2016 at 10:49 PM, <DarkGhost> said:

So you guys say let's not split up what works?

Well the Sedins continued nose dive in production since 2011 may say other wise. 

I love how the answer to the top lines struggles is always about finding them the right winger instead of the fact they are two slow players who need Jesus on their line to do anything. 

Sorry but if they need that much help to do anything then they shouldn't be on the same line. 

Elite 1st line players shouldn't need a guy to work hard enough for the 3 of them for them to have any success at all. 

Not sure why people are opposed to this. What's the worst that could happen?

Continuing from the back half of last season and the first two games of this season...they have faded fast. Getting them away from each other could be a good thing. 

1 good shift in 2 games combined with a downward trend in their production the last number of years should be more than enough justification to try and do something new for once. 

Keeping things the same because they worked 6 years ago isn't a good enough reason to keep the status quo. 

Sidney Crosby.

Archived