The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team Tank VS Team Sweep Poll

Sean Avery

Team Tank VS Team Sweep Poll  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yup thats what his ceiling projects to be. Where do you see him? 

I see him as a prospect. JB himself said there are maybe 8 true 1D's in the league today. I'm sorry but I haven't seen enough of Juolevi to put those kind of expectations on him. 

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I see him as a prospect. JB himself said there are maybe 8 true 1D's in the league today. I'm sorry but I haven't seen enough of Juolevi to put those kind of expectations on him. 

based on his peers, he's at or very near the top. 

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

based on his peers, he's at or very near the top. 

Do know what you and his peers have in common?

None of you have proven anything at the NHL level. 

His peers are dead to me. 

6 hours ago, AriGold said:

And why is that ? 

I'm a seasons ticket holder, paid $5008.25 for my season ticket and I'm all for team tank. I don't believe in the current product on the ice and another tank year can mean some positive things to me.

1. Willie D will likely be gone.

2. We gain 10.5M in contract space from the Burr and Miller departure.

3. We get another top 5 pick in a draft that has some great young hockey players including this guy who I think would be excellent with us. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=222125

4. Life after the Sedins is coming very soon and we need to stockpile these young kids for that day.

1. I think unless canucks make a magic run, WD is on the hot seat this year not matter what. 

2. Tank or no tank we aren't resigning them so we will still free up that cap space.

3. Vesalainen currently isn't ranked in the top 5, so if he is your goal, no need to tank to get him. 

4.  This draft doesn't have any Sedin level talent upfront and it's said to a very week draft throughout.  Not much difference between 5-20.  So if we're going to finish in that range why not do the best we can this year and cross our fingers we get enjoyment out of some playoffs and still draft a player like Hischier or Mittelstadt

10 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

1. I think unless canucks make a magic run, WD is on the hot seat this year not matter what. 

2. Tank or no tank we aren't resigning them so we will still free up that cap space.

3. Vesalainen currently isn't ranked in the top 5, so if he is your goal, no need to tank to get him. 

4.  This draft doesn't have any Sedin level talent upfront and it's said to a very week draft throughout.  Not much difference between 5-20.  So if we're going to finish in that range why not do the best we can this year and cross our fingers we get enjoyment out of some playoffs and still draft a player like Hischier or Mittelstadt

Thanks for telling me how I should think. Congrats on being a Gypsy.

Also..  Francesco is that you ?!?!?!

12 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Do know what you and his peers have in common?

None of you have proven anything at the NHL level. 

His peers are dead to me. 

Dude, the rig is no place for you. Its messing with you in a bad way. 

This is the wrong year to tank. If we intentionally tanked, then we would seriously become the joke of the NHL, no the world.

What we are tanking for? Nolan Patrick? 

The only way to justify tanking is if a generational talent, say Lemieux, Crosby, McDavid, is available. 

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Tanking is for unprofessional losers - that seek to be losers (but, but in order to be 'winners' eventuall).

No self-respecting athlete would ever advocate that.

Says the people who don't have Connor McDavid. 

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Oilers got "out-tanked" by Buffalo and Arizona, yet got him anyway.  Go figure.

Im just bugging, but let's just say that we got Conner McDavid from stripping down after the Torts year. I don't think too many people would be dead against it. 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Im just bugging, but let's just say that we got Conner McDavid from stripping down after the Torts year. I don't think too many people would be dead against it. 

Problem as always though, was trading the Sedins really feasible, even if they wanted to?  The roster is essentially turned over as it is now, with only them, Hansen, Edler, and Tanev left from GMMG by the end of this year.  And of course, you're an affirmed non-tanker, so there's that ;)

Archived