The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sports Net Pacific : let's get it back !

SilentSam

Sports Net Pacific :   

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's half hour re-runs from the late evening to the early morning were a great way to catch up on your local teams action, news, and then some, whether you were waking up early from an early nights sleep, or getting home from work at any hour.

Don Taylor was a great host.   Maybe TSN should pick up on what SN threw away like a puck toss at your Local Ice Palace. 

Sportsnet used to be great.  And then the Blue Jays got good.  That's when they turned to sh*t.

But realistically, what I see is they have one baseball panel, one hockey panel (not nearly enough for each Canadian team), and absolutely no football (specifically CFL) knowledge.  Now if I was TSN, I could see this huge gap and take advantage.  But I'm not TSN or Sportsnet, so I guess we'll have to live with just Team 1040.

no post game media coverage of the players and coaches equals crappy coverage. something rogers promised us when they took over a few years ago. now we get a hundred jays stories instead. no insight into the game we just watched other than "football" player carly argos dumb ass remarks. bring back the regional coverage please. We got more insight tonight into the oilers game than the canucks. thats wrong and screams budget cuts. 

5 minutes ago, shadowgoon said:

Screw that, bring back the Sports Page. Damn I'm old.

I don't know why they (or somebody) doesn't revive that (or something similar) even as a Youtube show to start.

*Hint, hint to any enterprising young millennials* 

The reality is Rogers media has us by the short and curlies. They know the fan base will watch no matter what, even with a full on barrage of negative media, basement predictions, etc etc. So they can make us figure out which of 8 channels we have to find, pump the negative media the east loves about us, and they'll get the tv revenue. 

Hell, they even tried to over-blow an issue with Jake into a fine. Even Kerry Fraser got a hair out of place over it. 

Its easy for them. Hate on Vancouver, get some of us whipped up, make Toronto happy and feed Alberta's inferiority complex. Its golden for them. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

The reality is Rogers media has us by the short and curlies. They know the fan base will watch no matter what, even with a full on barrage of negative media, basement predictions, etc etc. So they can make us figure out which of 8 channels we have to find, pump the negative media the east loves about us, and they'll get the tv revenue. 

Hell, they even tried to over-blow an issue with Jake into a fine. Even Kerry Fraser got a hair out of place over it. 

Its easy for them. Hate on Vancouver, get some of us whipped up, make Toronto happy and feed Alberta's inferiority complex. Its golden for them. 

They might for the game itself but if someone were to produce a post game, Sports Page-esque show elsewhere with some actual regional coverage and god forbid local sports news (including even some nice local college/uni etc like Sports Page used to do), they'd lose a good chunk of those post game viewers West of the Rockies IMO. It might be only be a slight hit, but that would surely effect their ad revenue.

Seriously, there's an opportunity there for someone with the skills and the will.

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

They might for the game itself but if someone were to produce a post game, Sports Page-esque show elsewhere with some actual regional coverage and god forbid local sports news (including even some nice local college/uni etc like Sports Page used to do), they'd lose a good chunk of those post game viewers West of the Rockies IMO. It might be only be a slight hit, but that would surely effect their ad revenue.

Seriously, there's an opportunity there for someone with the skills and the will.

Oh for sure there is. It doesn't even have to be a big production, it could be streamed online. The Botchford Files maybe? The show you love to hate?

Archived