The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nintendo Switch

Mimerez

22 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

I figured it must not be good because I've never heard a single person praise it, but still I have hope that I will find something in it worth my time 

It's totally fair to give it a go, but I've already given it mine. I know it does have its fans. But there's a reason that the clamouring to have this game ported over to North America was as timid as it was, in my opinion.

edit: Or at least wasn't as consistent as it was after release.

Edited by g_bassi13

29 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Won't know for sure until their reveal announcement in a couple of days. The exact extent of where they want this system to go will be evident. But with the rumour that they won't be killing their handheld line of systems for this thing (which they probably shouldn't), it will be highly unlikely that the pokemon series on the whole will be moved to the Switch.

What they could do, and what they really should do if they like money, is remake the Red/Blue series one more time for this thing. With Pokemon Go being as popular as it is, in large part because of how it tickled a very particular nostalgic cord, it would be printing money to make another game with those 150 pokemon in those same familiar cities with an insane graphical upgrade.

We bought a wii U for the new mario games and although I love mario we barely play with it. Mind you I am not a very big gamer and TS has a PS4 so that mostly is the gaming system that gets used. I love my 3DS but its kind of on its last days and I do eventually plan on getting a new one. I like the concept of this gaming system but I just don't know we can justify getting it especially when we have a WIIU we barely touch.

If they did bring Blue and Red back I would hope they make it for the 3ds as well since I would buy it in a heart beat. I loved that game it was so much fun.

I'm curious to see what "Pokemon Stars" is - I hope it isn't just a port of Sun/Moon. Either make it a full blown HD remake, or combine a bunch of the previous pokemon games or integrate it with Go or something. Like Bassi said, Nintendo can print money off this franchise if they play it smart, or even just play off nostalgia right now. But... Nintendo sometimes just isn't smart, and they take way too many chances with "new" stuff rather than what the people want.

I was going to go buy Sun/Moon this week, but I've decided to wait for the Thursday reveal to see what exactly the future of the series/franchise is

Launch title leak according to a German GameStop employee:

http://imgur.com/8jwngTz

Zelda, "Mario", Elder Scrolls, and Dragon Quest X would all be in my bag on launch day if this were all the case. 

Not sure I would care about Mario Kart unless there was online play, and I haven't heard much of anything about the Switch and internet capability.

Also, I hope if they launch the VC YET AGAIN, charging people YET AGAIN, they goddamn better not take 10 years to build the library.

Edited by GLASSJAW

On 10/20/2016 at 10:14 AM, SabreFan1 said:

Console peasants should be excited for the upcoming PS Pro and Xbox Scorpio.  The Scorpio is going to be a powerhouse.  The PS4 Pro will be what the original PS4 should have been to begin with.

PC gaming will still always be superior though.  We aren't called the PC Master Race for nothing!!  :lol:

I've been a PC game for a long, long time--and obnoxious people like yourself give us a bad reputation. People prefer different things, maybe we can get over it and be civil.

What is up with Nintendo releasing all these super tiny or super bulky controllers that seem to make no ergonomic sense? Would it be too much to ask for vanilla controllers that fit in the hands comfortably for a regular person and not a dwarf or giant?

It's a shame since besides the controllers being brutal (luckily there are 3rd party ones I guess), the games I tried in most recent history on the Wii U were really fun.

Edited by Moonshinefe

47 minutes ago, Moonshinefe said:

What is up with Nintendo releasing all these super tiny or super bulky controllers that seem to make no ergonomic sense? Would it be too much to ask for vanilla controllers that fit in the hands comfortably for a regular person and not a dwarf or giant?

It's a shame since besides the controllers being brutal (luckily there are 3rd party ones I guess), the games I tried in most recent history on the Wii U were really fun.

Like the Wii U, the Nintendo Switch will come with controller options. In the press release, they say the console has two controllers. The dynamic "Joy-Con" or whatever it's called, and the more traditional one that looks like this: 

h2nep7v8huvyxon4qwya.png

i think the question just remains whether not they're selling the controller above at an aditional cost. But since this is Nintendo we're talking about, i think it's safe to say that yes they are.

The Wii U had the giant controller, but also the re-made Game Cube ones and the Wii U Pro controller, which I personally loved. I don't see why the Switch would be any different.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

Like the Wii U, the Nintendo Switch will come with controller options. In the press release, they say the console has two controllers. The dynamic "Joy-Con" or whatever it's called, and the more traditional one that looks like this: 

h2nep7v8huvyxon4qwya.png

i think the question just remains whether not they're selling the controller above at an aditional cost. But since this is Nintendo we're talking about, i think it's safe to say that yes they are.

The Wii U had the giant controller, but also the re-made Game Cube ones and the Wii U Pro controller, which I personally loved. I don't see why the Switch would be any different.

Ah OK good to know. I admittedly have pretty limited experience with Nintendo systems recently and was going off the photos of the controllers I saw in press releases (and trying the Wii U a couple times at someone else's place). That controller isn't what I'd consider ideal, but looks much more reasonable.

Edited by Moonshinefe

15 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

I'm curious to see what "Pokemon Stars" is - I hope it isn't just a port of Sun/Moon. Either make it a full blown HD remake, or combine a bunch of the previous pokemon games or integrate it with Go or something. Like Bassi said, Nintendo can print money off this franchise if they play it smart, or even just play off nostalgia right now. But... Nintendo sometimes just isn't smart, and they take way too many chances with "new" stuff rather than what the people want.

I was going to go buy Sun/Moon this week, but I've decided to wait for the Thursday reveal to see what exactly the future of the series/franchise is

there are hints in sun/moon of further remakes, like pearl and diamond, even kanto, but the game overall almost feels like a reboot of the series. from what i've heard about "stars" if you read the ign thing, i tend to not really care about rumours until nintendo makes it official. i've never heard anything about pokemon stars, but they've done those alternate releases before, like crystal. emerald, et al, a year after the orginal game's release

i have no real motivation to play sun/moon on my wii-u/whatever this thing is, unless they really wow me to like pokemon we can't get through qr codes already (or if you have pokemon bank), unless its more exclusive alolan forms, not yet released, then i'll dump my wallet D: but i'll stick to 3ds, unless they move the franchise to this thing, then my 3ds is useless

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

6 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

I've been a PC game for a long, long time--and obnoxious people like yourself give us a bad reputation. People prefer different things, maybe we can get over it and be civil.

Crai more while getting your panties out of your crack and read the rest of the thread where I have said that I'm just teasing people.

21 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

I don't think they like money. The way they under produce anything that sells like hot cakes is kind of evident of that, lol.

But yeah, they've been handling nostalgia and innovation really backwards of late. Star Fox Zero was the best example of this in both respects. Remaking a game that nobody wanted to see remade instead of offering a new adventure (it's now the third incarnation of the same game, the second of which also had its own official remake.) And to top it off they tacked on "innovative" touch pad controls that made the game a pain to even try to play.

Everybody has been clamoring for a 3D Pokemon red/blue for 20 years. Just make it so. If they were smart enough to have launched with it the Switch would have flown off shelves.

21 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Launch title leak according to a German GameStop employee:

http://imgur.com/8jwngTz

Zelda, "Mario", Elder Scrolls, and Dragon Quest X would all be in my bag on launch day if this were all the case. 

Not sure I would care about Mario Kart unless there was online play, and I haven't heard much of anything about the Switch and internet capability.

Also, I hope if they launch the VC YET AGAIN, charging people YET AGAIN, they goddamn better not take 10 years to build the library.

Promising stuff if true, but i thought zelda was delayed. Dragon Quest would be an immediate pick up. I've only ever played IX but it was hell of a time vampire (in a good way.) I just loved journeying through that land.

9 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Promising stuff if true, but i thought zelda was delayed. Dragon Quest would be an immediate pick up. I've only ever played IX but it was hell of a time vampire (in a good way.) I just loved journeying through that land.

I think it just depends now which rumours you choose to believe at this point. I have read a bunch of "sources" lately saying it definitely will be a launch title, but I remember reading a bunch of different ones two weeks ago saying it could be delayed a long time yet again. I'm choosing to be optimistic, haha

I remember reading a while back that the Dragon Quest MMO would be a launch title, but it doesn't look like it anymore. I'm not big on MMOs, but the Dragon Quest world is always so good that I would definitely give that one a try

On 1/9/2017 at 11:33 AM, AppleJack said:

So unless they are going to make this the actual handheld device they release new pokemon games for I would rather just buy a new 3ds.

There is a rumor going around that a new game called Pokemon Stars might come to the Nintendo Switch. It will be like the third entry to Pokemon Sun and Moon with updated assets, like Crystal version was to Silver and Gold.

On 1/10/2017 at 6:32 AM, SabreFan1 said:

Crai more while getting your panties out of your crack and read the rest of the thread where I have said that I'm just teasing people.

Hahaha, typical response confirming my original post. Thanks for the chuckle. Hint: when everyone else is the jerk and can't take a joke, it might just mean you're a word I'm not allowed to use on this forum, I'll let you fill in that blank there sparky.

8 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

Hahaha, typical response confirming my original post. Thanks for the chuckle. Hint: when everyone else is the jerk and can't take a joke, it might just mean you're a word I'm not allowed to use on this forum, I'll let you fill in that blank there sparky.

Nice non-answer there chuckles.  Now you're just adding something I never said or even thought for that matter. :rolleyes:

Edited by SabreFan1

6 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

apparently gamestop leaked some more info yesterday that lists Pokemon Stars as a launch title? hmm.

god, tomorrow can't come fast enough. i'll be at work, but will definitely still tune in. is it 8pm pacific?

An unsubstantiated rumour is beginning to make the rounds that Nintendo isn't going to have much stock in physical stores like Gamestop when the Switch launches.

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

An unsubstantiated rumour is beginning to make the rounds that Nintendo isn't going to have much stock in physical stores like Gamestop when the Switch launches.

Considering they've time and again flubbed distribution that was physical or digital, they shouldn't be shunning anyone on any front. 

Also, if they were to actually do that, it would be so many different kinds of stupid. Both for the consumer, and them.

10 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

apparently gamestop leaked some more info yesterday that lists Pokemon Stars as a launch title? hmm.

god, tomorrow can't come fast enough. i'll be at work, but will definitely still tune in. is it 8pm pacific?

@GLASSJAW hi glass, yes 8pm Pacific Tonight, goes for about an hour and then tomorrow Nintendo Treehouse goes live at 9:30am Eastern detailing all the upcoming games, should be a fun couple of days!