The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nintendo Switch

Mimerez

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

how much are psp games going for these days.

PSP is great, but not for physical games. There were other ways to get boatloads of games for free, which I think propelled Sony to release the Vita. 

If I was bigger on mobile gaming I'd probably consider getting this, but not as another home console.

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Probably not yet. Unless you want to play Zelda in its best quality, but the Wii U and Switch versions aren't that different from each other.

I just need a portable device for maybe a few hours of play a week.  probably best to get a Vista or something but Zelda sounds fun.

18 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I just need a portable device for maybe a few hours of play a week.  probably best to get a Vista or something but Zelda sounds fun.

Zelda is pretty awesome.

You could get a Playstation Vita or a Nintendo 3DS. I have a 3DS and there's a lot of great games on there, and probably the Vita as well. I don't have a Vita, but I know there's some great stuff on there. Plus you could always add an emulator onto it like you could with the PSP, and play NES, SNES, etc etc games.

I would love to see Nintendo pull a Sega-esque move and quit making consoles and stick to games. I would gladly buy Zelda, Donkey King, Mario, Super Smash bros etc for my PS4, but I won't buy a Nintendo console at this point

2 hours ago, Duds said:

I would love to see Nintendo pull a Sega-esque move and quit making consoles and stick to games. I would gladly buy Zelda, Donkey King, Mario, Super Smash bros etc for my PS4, but I won't buy a Nintendo console at this point

Nintendo own's the best console-exclusive games, so good in fact that there are millions of people buying the Switch just to play Zelda, Mario, Pokemon etc... So basically, if they like money, they'll stick with their consoles

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Zelda is awesome.

I had to will myself to stop playing.

What time is it?..

Give your game card a nice long slobbery lick.  Come on, do it!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/nintendo-switch-game-cartridges-release-date-price-eating-taste-horrible-a7607721.html

played at my friends house for a bit. the console is cool in theory but completely unusable in handheld mode imo. the offset joysticks make no ergonomic sense in that configuration and make it difficult to hold the device.