The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nintendo Switch

Mimerez

2 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

should I just buy a wii u to play this game? or wait and try to get a switch

So you're asking others whether you should practice some self control and patience?  If it helps you any, Nintendo says it will be shipping out many more Switches in the upcoming weeks.

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

So you're asking others whether you should practice some self control and patience?  If it helps you any, Nintendo says it will be shipping out many more Switches in the upcoming weeks.

Uhm you sound like a real dbag. It's more if the console is even worth it in itself to buy. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Uhm you sound like a real dbag. It's more if the console is even worth it in itself to buy. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

should I just buy a wii u to play this game? or wait and try to get a switch

To answer your question, if you have any interest in any of Nintendo's other 1st party franchises (Mario, Fire Emblem, Splatoon etc) then I definitely recommend getting the Switch. However, if you're only interested in BoTW, then get a Wii U and save yourself some money.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Mimerez said:

giphy.gif

To answer your question, if you have any interest in any of Nintendo's other 1st party franchises (Mario, Fire Emblem, Splatoon etc) then I definitely recommend getting the Switch. However, if you're only interested in BoTW, then get a Wii U and save yourself some money.

Tell me you're actually being funny about dbag being a burn.  That gets thrown around on the internet all of the time. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

There are emerging reports of Nintendo Switch's overheating and warping while running full speed in their docks.  Of course though, Nintendo fanboys are working overtime trying to pretend that it's not happening.  It may be a good idea to buy a case fan and rig up a way to slap it on the dock.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-switch-could-be-facing-another-major-manufacturing-issue

22 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

There are emerging reports of Nintendo Switch's overheating and warping while running full speed in their docks.  Of course though, Nintendo fanboys are working overtime trying to pretend that it's not happening.  It may be a good idea to buy a case fan and rig up a way to slap it on the dock.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-switch-could-be-facing-another-major-manufacturing-issue

Yeah, I read something about that on Reddit the other day. Sad to hear.

I mean, mine's fine for now, but I imagine that I haven't played nearly as much as a lot of people have. I haven't played since Mass Effect came out..I decided to take it one game at a time. Finish ME:A first.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe yesterday. I never bought the Wii U so I didn't play the regular version of 8 but I love the game so far, can't wait to get some online matches in once I become more familiar with the tracks and kart setups.

I took a break from Zelda for a while but picked it back up recently and am almost done the game.... I think. I've done three of the four Divine Beasts, at least. Then again, the world's so expansive that it seems like you could keep playing forever, there's so many little side quests and areas to explore that I haven't even touched yet. Its a lot of fun just roaming around and seeing what you stumble upon instead of following a linear plot.

18 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Picked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe yesterday. I never bought the Wii U so I didn't play the regular version of 8 but I love the game so far, can't wait to get some online matches in once I become more familiar with the tracks and kart setups.

I took a break from Zelda for a while but picked it back up recently and am almost done the game.... I think. I've done three of the four Divine Beasts, at least. Then again, the world's so expansive that it seems like you could keep playing forever, there's so many little side quests and areas to explore that I haven't even touched yet. Its a lot of fun just roaming around and seeing what you stumble upon instead of following a linear plot.

Yeah, it's one of those kinds of great games where you don't even need to touch the main storyline to have a ton of fun. I know people say the same for games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, etc, but it's just different with Breath of the Wild. You can go off and do whatever you want, and you're not limited or need a secret weapon from a dungeon to access certain parts. You can go anywhere right at the start, really. At least after you do that tutorial-ish area.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, it's one of those kinds of great games where you don't even need to touch the main storyline to have a ton of fun. I know people say the same for games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, etc, but it's just different with Breath of the Wild. You can go off and do whatever you want, and you're not limited or need a secret weapon from a dungeon to access certain parts. You can go anywhere right at the start, really. At least after you do that tutorial-ish area.

Yeah I really like that aspect too, you can do the Divine Beasts in any order or just ignore them entirely and activate a bunch of Shrines to get your hearts up. Its fun going after monster camps or just climbing a random cliff and seeing what's at the top. I spent a lot of time collecting ingredients and fooling around trying to cook things too, its a lot more rewarding than trying to do the same in real life... probably because it costs nothing and only takes a few seconds of things bouncing around in a pot to actually make something. :lol:

On 2017-04-30 at 6:03 PM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Yeah I really like that aspect too, you can do the Divine Beasts in any order or just ignore them entirely and activate a bunch of Shrines to get your hearts up. Its fun going after monster camps or just climbing a random cliff and seeing what's at the top. I spent a lot of time collecting ingredients and fooling around trying to cook things too, its a lot more rewarding than trying to do the same in real life... probably because it costs nothing and only takes a few seconds of things bouncing around in a pot to actually make something. :lol:

Yeah, for real. If only I had the same enthusiasm for cooking in real life that I do in Breath of the Wild....

• 2 weeks later...

been playing Some MK8 Deluxe and Puyo Puyo Tetris, two great games that came out in the same Week, Puyo Puyo is cheaper on the eShop compared to the cartridge...in stores the game is $54.99 Canadian and on the eShop it's $39.99