The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

65 points! Magic number thread

alt kilgore

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

I did see that but decided to go with the number from a paper that has actual so-called sports writers as opposed to a video game company.

Lol, I would take EA sports prediction over these "sports writers" any day of the week.  EA actually has a pretty good track record with their predictions.

That said, they are dead wrong about the Canucks this year.

7 minutes ago, The Sedge said:

Lol, I would take EA sports prediction of these "sports writers" any day of the week.  EA actually has a pretty good track record with their predictions.

That said, they are dead wrong about the Canucks this year.

EA sports is a Star driven system,...with numbers trying to match what the EA guys think are players attributes but they do it on a Curve. Example a rookie they won't give a player much Speed or other attributes. Also they don't take into account of Hard work vs Floaters. Example Mogilny was a star player but was a Floater at times.

So i don't take much stock in EA predictions, a Monkey spinning a wheel with the playoff teams has been even more accurate.

Go Canucks Go

ScoreB_6.gif

I know it's only 3 games but I've said it all along.

With Sedin - Sutter - Horvat as our 1-2-3 punch down the middle & our much improved defence along with our elite goaltending, we are atleast a Playoff Contender before this season started.

If our young keep on developing the way they're showing (Hutton, Horvat, Markstrom, Granlund, Baer, Gaunce, Tryamkin, Stecher, Boeser, Demko, Larsson, Gubranson, etc) than we maybe back to cup contenders before we know it...B)

2 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

EA sports is a Star driven system,...with numbers trying to match what the EA guys think are players attributes but they do it on a Curve. Example a rookie they won't give a player much Speed or other attributes. Also they don't take into account of Hard work vs Floaters. Example Mogilny was a star player but was a Floater at times.

So i don't take much stock in EA predictions, a Monkey spinning a wheel with the playoff teams has been even more accurate.

Go Canucks Go

ScoreB_6.gif

I plussed you for the sig.

It's just a computer simulation...

It doesn't factor in many other variables like real emotions, unforeseen circumstances, etc.

EA couldn't predict Etem's childbirth affecting his training camp. Plus they don't include any NCAA players who are NHL draft picks/prospects. There so many holes with EA, they seem to always take a step forward, only to take 2 steps back the following season. It's really a business strategy... Quality won't be addressed as long as they're making still their hundred millions.

But, they were only 1 game off when they predicted we would win the Cup in 2011...

Hit or miss folks. But don't depend on a damn computer simulation to reference the season.

We know as a fan base that our team is better, but maybe this relief of pressure is exactly what this team needs.

Despite having two future hall of famers who are still very much productive, better structured defense, and solid goaltending, these so-called experts still think we're going to bottom out.

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎20 at 3:01 PM, apollo said:

Considering they make the game in Burnaby, they sure are absolute idiots setting player overalls for our team. 

Had they advised me or countless other Cdc members, they wouldn't look like absolute idiots. 

Seriously that one really grinded my gears... I know guys that work on these games are probably full on nerds and don't know anything about hockey, but to miss grade your hometown team... That's pathetic and just shows these guys have 0 hockey knowledge. 

Definitely won't be buying their garbage game this year :) 

Actually, I'd love to see an EA Vancouver Canucks team built with your input.

All the players would be wearing red capes, the Sedins would be scoring by telekinesis, Tanev's slapper could break the sound barrier, and Hansen would zipping around like he's being chased by Wile E. Coyote.

I'd play that.

16 minutes ago, X-PatLostInEdm said:

Actually, I'd love to see an EA Vancouver Canucks team built with your input.

All the players would be wearing red capes, the Sedins would be scoring by telekinesis, Tanev's slapper could break the sound barrier, and Hansen would zipping around like he's being chased by Wile E. Coyote.

I'd play that.

LOL telekinesis... I like the sounds of that :lol:

Archived