The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Jeff Zatkoff Suffers Lower Body Injury - TRADE MILLER NOW

2 minutes ago, Jai604 said:

Your market valuation is way off.

There are other, cheaper options available (even frickin' Pavelec) that would not require trading with a Division rival.

You really think the Canucks would pay Ryan Miller to help the Kings win games?  lol

There's a big difference between trading a forward or defenceman and a goalie who will be a back up in a few months when dealing with a divisional rival. A forward or defenceman will be on the ice for them every night and against you to make them better. Miller would be their starter for the next 3 months and then relegated to a back up who plays every 4 games. 

Jim Benning bless his heart has so far proven to be excellent at drafting and spotting talent which is his strength. What he hasn't been good at is attaining extra picks to make full use of his ability to spot that talent. If the Canucks want to have a future once the Sedins are gone, saving the LA Kings season is a price we have to pay. 

Like you said, someone is going to do it and give them a goalie, why shouldn't we reap the rewards?

I vote to trade Miller now.  They prolly working on deal right now with Kings management in town.

Miller is not a #1 goalie anymore, GMJB and TL jus saying he is our #1 to get the best value.  IMO

If you wanna get rid of something, do you say, I really don't want this anymore but hey I need it gone, can I get your #1 draft pick for this old used up thing...no, you say this is our #1 goalie, he is still the best goalie in the world and make no mistake about that lol

If I'm the Kings I'd be looking for someone like (Not the actual player) Lack or Markstrom. 

Someone who would be cheap enough and competent enough to tread water. A guy who is a backup and can go back to being a backup when Quick recovers, but can start for 3-4 months. 

Pavelac would be a good choice but Winnipeg would have to retain salary. He's 29, so younger than Miller, and has been a starter in the past.

Bishop, and Miller even with Salary retained would be probably too much for the Kings budget. And I doubt either one would appreciate going back to being a backup.

Domingue from Arizona is struggling right now, but I doubt the Coyotes would be willing to let him go, and the Kings would have to overpay on that. 

i wonder if this is same troll i battled on twitter a few days ago so clueless we arent giving our goalie depth up for  picks to our main competition. If we trade miller its at the deadline and it aint to queens why would we ever wanna help that team get wins. Garbage idea thats super unrealistic to happen 

I'd consider trading Miller, retaining half his salary and taking a good player/1st round pick along with a bad contract. Someone that we could either buy out or someone that could be claimed in the expansion draft.

There is decent value in it for both teams, we get a 1st round pick or good prospect for an expiring contract and they get a season long rental and dump a bad contract

35 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Agree 100%, this is exactly what JB should be talking to LA about. It's how you rebuild a team efficiently. 

You do understand the Kings are not going to trade a 1st round pick for a stop-gap goaltender while Quick is recovering ? on top of that knowing the Kings are not in any position to absorb Miller's contract and the Canucks are not going to retain any of it either. 

If anyone listens to what JB and Linden say they may also understand that Miller is their choice as number one, he will remain in Vancouver unless maybe and maybe if the team is right out of the Playoff hunt and can add a pick for him closer to the deadline, but i'd count on him finishing out his contract in Vancouver.

Vancouver will not get a top pick for him and his value frankly is highest in Vancouver, so how is this how you rebuild a team efficiently ? you need two parties to agree and there are much cheaper options out there for Los Angeles.

This is not EA Sports......is it ? 

1 hour ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

2nd actually I've just pushed for it in other threads. but make it happen!! And Zatkoff needed help just to get off the ice today after pulling his groin. The landscape has totally changed and it's a new development.

Canucks can retain half salary and take back Tanner Pearson

Hahahaha...this isn't NHL 17. 

39 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If I'm the Kings I'd be looking for someone like (Not the actual player) Lack or Markstrom. 

Someone who would be cheap enough and competent enough to tread water. A guy who is a backup and can go back to being a backup when Quick recovers, but can start for 3-4 months. 

Pavelac would be a good choice but Winnipeg would have to retain salary. He's 29, so younger than Miller, and has been a starter in the past.

Bishop, and Miller even with Salary retained would be probably too much for the Kings budget. And I doubt either one would appreciate going back to being a backup.

Domingue from Arizona is struggling right now, but I doubt the Coyotes would be willing to let him go, and the Kings would have to overpay on that. 

I read on their boards he might be done done and has been over used by Coach Sutter. I think cap is their biggest issue they have barely any left. Plus Brown got stripped of his C and they might want to dump his contract on someone.

If Miller walks in the offseason, what are we out? Zip. Nada. Zilch. 

Free agents who walk free up cap space, which is just as important as draft picks. 

It's all about value, not perceived value. 

Whine as much as you like, at least Benning hasn't stuck us with contracts like Luongo's.

If there's a deal that makes sense at the trade deadline in relation to the team's performance, sure. 

1 hour ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

lol any idiot could have started this thread or come up with the same idea. It's that obvious. But if you're so worried about reputation points cause they "mean something" then shouldn't my reputation stand for itself and say I'm no idiot 

we are all idiots to someone. unless miller asks benning to trade him there or they really want him, he'll stay here, even if we lose him for nothing next year.

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I read on their boards he might be done done and has been over used by Coach Sutter. I think cap is their biggest issue they have barely any left. Plus Brown got stripped of his C and they might want to dump his contract on someone.

Then we are stuck with a boat anchor of a contract until 2022. I doubt even a 1st rounder would be worth it then. 

48 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

You do understand the Kings are not going to trade a 1st round pick for a stop-gap goaltender while Quick is recovering ? on top of that knowing the Kings are not in any position to absorb Miller's contract and the Canucks are not going to retain any of it either. 

If anyone listens to what JB and Linden say they may also understand that Miller is their choice as number one, he will remain in Vancouver unless maybe and maybe if the team is right out of the Playoff hunt and can add a pick for him closer to the deadline, but i'd count on him finishing out his contract in Vancouver.

Vancouver will not get a top pick for him and his value frankly is highest in Vancouver, so how is this how you rebuild a team efficiently ? you need two parties to agree and there are much cheaper options out there for Los Angeles.

This is not EA Sports......is it ? 

What you don't seem to understand is LA is not getting a quality goalie on the cheap, its doesn't happen and if Quick is out for 3 months or more that is not a "stop gap" That my friend will put you out of the playoff's. LA is in win mode THIS YEAR no matter what you think. Sure there are other goalies out there, but no better than what they have now or in the AHL and not good enough to get the wins you need to get to the playoff's. 

I'm sure JB will not trade Miller because he's in love with him, but that doesn't mean we can't express our opinion's without being ridiculed.

Your right, it's not EA sports and I don't play those games like you.

Archived