The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Jeff Zatkoff Suffers Lower Body Injury - TRADE MILLER NOW

5 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

What you don't seem to understand is LA is not getting a quality goalie on the cheap, its doesn't happen and if Quick is out for 3 months or more that is not a "stop gap" That my friend will put you out of the playoff's. LA is in win mode THIS YEAR no matter what you think. Sure there are other goalies out there, but no better than what they have now or in the AHL and not good enough to get the wins you need to get to the playoff's. 

I'm sure JB will not trade Miller because he's in love with him, but that doesn't mean we can't express our opinion's without being ridiculed.

Your right, it's not EA sports and I don't play those games like you.

Oh, absolutely savage burn right there.

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Agree 100%, this is exactly what JB should be talking to LA about. It's how you rebuild a team efficiently. 

What part of making the playoffs and us staying competitive that our GM has said countless of times don't you get? Why would LA pay a hefty price for a 36 year old goaltender when they could get someone like Pavelec virtually for free to back them up meanwhile? And why would we trade Miller to a rival?  I don't  understand you and the guy who made this thread.

Not saying we are gonna make the playoffs, most likely not, but if our GM wants us to make the playoffs, trading our starter to a rival team is not gonna make us remotely close to the goal

5 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

What you don't seem to understand is LA is not getting a quality goalie on the cheap, its doesn't happen and if Quick is out for 3 months or more that is not a "stop gap" That my friend will put you out of the playoff's. LA is in win mode THIS YEAR no matter what you think. Sure there are other goalies out there, but no better than what they have now or in the AHL and not good enough to get the wins you need to get to the playoff's. 

I'm sure JB will not trade Miller because he's in love with him, but that doesn't mean we can't express our opinion's without being ridiculed.

Your right, it's not EA sports and I don't play those games like you.

Apologies if you took my comments as ridiculing you, I just don't see the Kings paying a 1st for Miller and I don't see the Canucks dealing him is all. I think they can give up much less assets to fill the void left by Quick than having to deal a 1st away.

I also do not play the EA sports games, like you.

LA fans say that they don't want to trade for Miller, why would their management want to trade a 1st? They're not trading for anyone that costs a first or more, let alone somebody who makes 6 mil when quick will come back. They're not a cup contender anyways IMO. It's a ok idea, but it's not going to happen and we don't need to make it happen.

my silly idea is, if miller wants to move there and la wants him...i would move him and pay 3 mil of his contract this year...i would even take on brown's ugly contract, if they pay half of it till it's over. i would want a sweetener. i'm sure we could get a taker for brown at that cap hit if he fails here. i'ld bring up bachman. demko would get more starts.

i know brown's skill level has dropped but i think that there is enough left to help somewhere in the line up.  okay, i won't quit my day job...wait a minute, i don't have a day job.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

LA Tankers?

The thing is if these southern states teams tank costing them revenue, our dollars cover their losses.  So really we are paying for them to rebuild by getting better draft position than us.  If they truly tank.

If the Kings want Miller, they'll have to overpay to notch him because we are a division rival. Also with so little cap space, they'll have to give a salary dump back on us to provide us with cap space that they need to retain Miller. No way I want a player like Brown here not a chance. I'll have to pass

1. Doesn't work for the Canucks.  Their stated aim is to make the playoffs and trading away your #1 goalie makes that less likely not more likely.  The Canucks are in a position of strength as far as goaltending depth goes, so why weaken it?

2. Doesn't work for LA.  They do not have the cap space.  They would not want to lose valuable younger players for what would be considered a rental player.

3. Doesn't work for Miller.  He has a no trade clause so ultimately he controls whether he gets traded or not.   Why would he be interested in a starting job for 2 or 3 months when he has a starting job for a whole season?  Quick is the starter in LA and when he is healthy he will continue to be their starter.  Sure, Miller's wife works in LA, but that is probably the weakest argument for why a trade might happen. 

Apart from the fact that the trade makes no sense for anyone, it makes perfect sense.

33 minutes ago, Odd. said:

What part of making the playoffs and us staying competitive that our GM has said countless of times don't you get? Why would LA pay a hefty price for a 36 year old goaltender when they could get someone like Pavelec virtually for free to back them up meanwhile? And why would we trade Miller to a rival?  I don't  understand you and the guy who made this thread.

Not saying we are gonna make the playoffs, most likely not, but if our GM wants us to make the playoffs, trading our starter to a rival team is not gonna make us remotely close to the goal

So because we're 4 and 0 you think we are making the playoff's. Okay if that is true, just who has been in goal for those wins? Not our so called starter.

Just now, Rocksterh8 said:

So because we're 4 and 0 you think we are making the playoff's. Okay if that is true, just who has been in goal for those wins? Not out so called starter.

Did you even read my last sentence?

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Lets stop trying to help the Kings, shall we. The premise of the trade is not to help the Canucks, but rather to give LA goaltending. Why the F would we want to do that?

We're 4-0 trying to win games, not fill a gaping hole on LA's roster.

It's not really helping the Kings, It's helping with our rebuild or retool, I suppose you don't value a 1st pick or A prospect then. good for you. Just keep looking at one side.

22 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Kings are going to part with a 1st rounder to savage 3 months of Hockey? I think they'd rather put a bandaid on and hope the team pulls through. 

Not to mention Canucks management is win now mentality.... 

let's not forget that Budaj has played in a starter's role in this league and has done very well in past. Asking him to step up for a few months while a backup or 1B is found is not the worst thing that could happen here.

It's not really helping the Kings, It's helping with our rebuild or retool, I suppose you don't value a 1st pick or A prospect then. good for you. Just keep looking at one side.

I just don't see how the Kings would give up a top prospect or top pick for Miller, what kind of prospect do you think they could obtain from the Kings in a deal involving Miller ?

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

let's not forget that Budaj has played in a starter's role in this league and has done very well in past. Asking him to step up for a few months while a backup or 1B is found is not the worst thing that could happen here.

I absolutely agree with you on that, and if it doesn't work out they will be out of the playoff's. It's a huge risk. You tell Doughty and Kopitar we not really going to try and with this year. I'm sure that will go over well.

I did, and it doesn't match your fist sentence, so I have no idea where you stand or how you think. you proved it.

dude, I seriously don't have the time.

What I said above is what management has said to us. Management has said countless of times that their goal is to make the playoffs. 

Below is simply my opinion. Not hard to distinguish the two. 

Archived