The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Stop saying who played good or bad!!! , the whole team run out off gas by playing this system, lucky for us to get one points tonight, now we need PP work out for us and goalie have steal a game for us, I said it before, we should make our PP works out that's the No1 task for Canuck go further

You mean the system where they forecheck hard, win puck battles, clog up the neutral zone, and support the puck carrier?

That's pretty much the way you need to play to win games in the NHL. 

Playing the right way is often less tiring than playing the wrong way. That leads to chasing the puck all night.

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

I think WD knows that now (and just now) is that time. 

I'm not so sure. It seems to me like Willie's decisions are getting stranger all the time. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Skille in for Jake tomorrow and Bo back on the 4th line, and the twins without Loui again. 

25 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

Pretty annoyed with the Powerplay staying the same. Only got that first goal because of a broken play, which won't normally happen, and the 2nd because Edler was out there. Not sure why Edler isn't on our first PP unit. It's not like going 1 for 10 is an acceptable powerplay percentage. Please, coaches. Change it up...

I agree, Edler is better than Larson.

Again, everyone let's just remember they are 4-0-1. I've been reading this forum to long to listen to people complain about this anymore.  Let's try to stay positive, it's not like there is a Mcdavid in this years draft anyways. Vintage, deniro, shift, ari.. these guys know what's up. 

Lot of people clamoring about us being 4-0-1 and shouldn't be calling people out for poor play.

That's bull*hit.

Sure, we're doing better than expected but that is not a reason for us to not look for what we can improve on. Burrows has been a liability and Eriksson has underperformed. Plain and simple.

Virtanen needs time in the AHL to gain his confidence and remember how to play the sport. 

12 minutes ago, AnthStl said:

Rodin looked good in it. 

not what I meant.

Hank is talking about going to Anaheim....

this guy gets it:

20 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Would like to see Nikita Tryamkin draw into this one and smash Kesler

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That's what I'm saying.

Why not try guys like Virtanen, Granlund, and Horvat? Is he afraid they'll cave under the pressure because I don't get that sense.

These young guys now have so much more practice in the shootout. Their moves are much more creative.

When Rodin gets back, Rodin, Horvat, Granlund and Baer would be my top 4

Simply seeing the resilience of the team to tie the game is a huge positive.  This is a good learning environment for some of the young players, as long as the coaching staff can find good roles for them to fill.  An earlier poster said that if Virtanen will only be used in a checking role, he should probably be sent to Utica.  I agree to an extent.  If his minutes are extremely limited (e.g. less than 12 minutes a game), then he probably should be sent down.  If not, then maybe it's not so bad for him to continue learning the ropes of the pros and to occasionally be provided the opportunity to play in a scoring role.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We came back from a 3-0 deficit, took it to a shootout, got the point. We're going to need it. Nothing to complain about. This time last year it would've been a regulation loss. 

The first and third goals could have easily been eliminated too. 

Larsen and Markstrom got caught out of position on the first one, and the third one was just a matter of grabbing the rebound and holding it.

We definitely weren't outmatched by the Kings in the slightest. Just need a better start next time, and a couple luckier bounces.

Virtanen has been pretty good defensively, I think. But his offensive game needs work. I could see him going down to Utica to work on it once Rodin gets back. Plus, it'll be good for his development to get more time and coaching from Green.

Skille plays decent enough to fill the "big body with speed that can power to the net" role that Virtanen has.

Eriksson and Baertschi though.. at least Eriksson is helping the offense in the assists department and being a net-front presence, but I haven't seen much from Baertschi though.

Good comeback to get a point. But 2nd point lost by WD.

I thought he decided to split the twins up in ot like he did last time. Too slow together and they were out there again for a shift.

Burrows is past his best before date. His ice time and games should be limited and he definitely should not be a shootout shooter.

And the pp, even though they got 2 tonite, has to be more creative or goals will be few and far between. One thing they did tonite may make a bit of a difference,He switched up Sutter and Daniels positions, It still didn't look dangerous but they somehow managed to get 2 goals. At least Larsen should get some confidence to shoot the puck more as one pp goal was the result of him hitting the net. He's just so reluctant to shoot right now.

Archived