Baertschi Horvat XXXX

XXXX Gaunce Skille

• Give the top line more time to gel
  • Leave Granlund on the 2nd line
  • Baertschi and Horvat need a new winger
  • Burrows needs to take a seat
  • Virtanen should go to the comets
  • Fill in the blanks with call ups first, then explore minor trades

What call ups do we have that could fit these two spots?

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Daniel Henrik Eriksson 

Granlund Sutter Hansen 

Baertschi Horvat Zalewski/Grenier/Megna

LaBate Gaunce Skille

I like LaBate on the 4th, but would prefer a better option on the 3rd.  Is it best to leave Jake there until Rodin is back?

Burrows should be rotated in and out of the lineup, 2 games in, 2 games out.  He is no longer capable of a full season.  He played well in the first three games, then looked tired in game 4 and 5.

Virtanen needs to get his conditioning and confidence back... he should be in Utica for two weeks.

12 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I like LaBate on the 4th, but would prefer a better option on the 3rd.  Is it best to leave Jake there until Rodin is back?

That could be a possibility. I think it would have been better if Virtanen had started down in Utica at the start of the season, and Skille had taken his place. We could have signed Ruutu too, in case there was an injury.

I revisited the UFA list to see who is the best RW that went unsigned.  David Jones.

He seemed to play well against us when he was with the Flames.  Not a very flattering scouting report though - is he an upgrade on Grenier, Megna, Zalewski?

SCOUTING REPORT

ASSETS:
Plays a well rounded game with streaky offensive acumen, so he can be used as a top-six forward. Has size and decent hands. Is usually a very reliable player in the NHL.
FLAWS:
Does not use his 6-3, 208-pound frame nearly enough to his advantage, and generally lacks physicality and aggression. Is somewhat prone to injury, too.
CAREER POTENTIAL:
Veteran winger.

I'm of the opinion that our team is just one real good top 6 forward away from being a legitimate team.

Our D looks great, our goaltending is fine; with an established scorer to play with Baertschi, Horvat we'd be firing on all cylinders and have great depth waiting in the wings.

If only Boeser were three years forward in his development...

I think the Canucks are hoping Rodin is their secret weapon and once he comes back virtanen will get some time in the ahl. Hopefully he doesn't get mopey over it. 

As too another topic, flipping pedan or subban for a young forward who is most likely a project is the way to go to add depth at forward

burrows is awful now, God he can't do anything anymore. Can't skate, no hands and no timing. He fell so far in only a few years. Wish we could dump him, but that would be bad morale and rep around the league to do that to a long time Canuck 

also im keeping my eyes on Anaheim and their cap problems. I would be calling them about silfverberg to fill out our top 6 cause I doubt granlund is the long term fit there. He has looked great there just not your typical top 6 solution 

29 minutes ago, billabong said:

also im keeping my eyes on Anaheim and their cap problems. I would be calling them about silfverberg to fill out our top 6 cause I doubt granlund is the long term fit there. He has looked great there just not your typical top 6 solution 

Joulevi for Lindholm ^_^!

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Joulevi for Lindholm ^_^!

That would certainly help our 'retool-onthe-fly' program and their cap issues,  but doesn't seem realistic to me considering they are still in their 'window' and need HL to compete plus we don't have the cap room ourselves to sign him for what he's looking for. 

Rodin fills the 3rd liner winger role IMO, hope he heals up soon so he can show what he's got.  I would still prefer a sniper in that second line LW position, Granlund is a decent 2 way forward and he is learning, but I don't see elite level hands, and I definitely don't see a successor to Danny there.

2 hours ago, PlanB said:

That would certainly help our 'retool-onthe-fly' program and their cap issues,  but doesn't seem realistic to me considering they are still in their 'window' and need HL to compete plus we don't have the cap room ourselves to sign him for what he's looking for. 

id rather 3 yrs of juolevi at entry level contract than lindolm at 5 plus mill a yr 

Archived