The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] Dougie Hamilton

Things just havent been working out for ol' Dougie in Calgary and is leaving me to wonder if he could be had for cheap. Could his game be improved upon with us? Benning drafted him, Jarvis was part of his coaching staff although didn't have to deal with eachother.

If Flamers keep floundering, I'm sense pressure being put on Trailiving and Gully. Do they trade him before jumping ship.

What would his value be?

Would we actually entertain trading our 1st for

Thoughts

23 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Guddy brings the size component, and we have great scoring potential in Stecher and Juolevi eventually. We don't need him.

Doesn't matter.

At no point in time did Burke look at a near free Pronger and then say sorry Scott Neidermeyer, we don't need you.  At no point did Bowman look at Lidstrom and tell Rafalski sorry we don't need you.  At NO point in time did Lameriello look at Neidermeyer and say sorry man, Scott Stevens ya know.  

When you have or IF you have a chance to draft/trade or acquire a stud D man you do it.  Even if it costs you a 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick.

That being said, NO chance at all Calgary just lets this guy go.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Doesn't matter.

At no point in time did Burke look at a near free Pronger and then say sorry Scott Neidermeyer, we don't need you.  At no point did Bowman look at Lidstrom and tell Rafalski sorry we don't need you.  At NO point in time did Lameriello look at Neidermeyer and say sorry man, Scott Stevens ya know.  

When you have or IF you have a chance to draft/trade or acquire a stud D man you do it.  Even if it costs you a 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick.

That being said, NO chance at all Calgary just lets this guy go.

Agreed, if he's a stud D. Doogie? He's pretty soft for a big guy actually. Not sure he meets that category. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Agreed, if he's a stud D. Doogie? He's pretty soft for a big guy actually. Not sure he meets that category. 

Soft 22 year old with back to back 40+ point seasons and a positive rating in almost every category.  Lidstrom was considered soft, so was Neidermeyer, Rafalski, Leetch, Coffey, Murray  and some of the best D men over the last 30 years.  But most of them are now in the HHOF.

Just because they don't hit to injure, hack guys up or carve into them behind the play doesn't mean they weren't first tier D men.

added, over the last 10 years.  The only 2 teams that won the cup based on "heavy games" have been the Kings Ducks and Bruins.

Just now, Warhippy said:

Soft 22 year old with back to back 40+ point seasons and a positive rating in almost every category.  Lidstrom was considered soft, so was Neidermeyer, Rafalski, Leetch, Coffey, Murray  and some of the best D men over the last 30 years.  But most of them are now in the HHOF.

Just because they don't hit to injure, hack guys up or carve into them behind the play doesn't mean they weren't first tier D men.

added, over the last 10 years.  The only 2 teams that won the cup based on "heavy games" have been the Kings Ducks and Bruins.

Fair enough. So why did Boston let him go if he's the next Coffey? 

I live in Calgary and either watch or attend every Flames game and I can tell you the Flames and their fans are very disappointed in how Hamilton has performed since arriving in Calgary. The Flames are still not likely to give up on him just yet but there is no way I would give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft pick for him. There is something that just isn't right about him.

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well documented contract demands and a serious lack of cap space.

Yah but if he's that good, you make the room. You just said it - even if it costs you a 1st. I just don't see Hamilton in that category but time will tell. 

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah but if he's that good, you make the room. You just said it - even if it costs you a 1st. I just don't see Hamilton in that category but time will tell. 

40+ points with size and a solid break out pass?  Ya, kiss Larsen good bye.  And or Sbisa.  

Look, I'd blow my load if we acquired Dougie Hamilton, but it ain't gunna happen,especially not from a division, and eternal rival like The Flames; He has too much upside for Calgary to move him, and if the price of Weber/Subban and Adam Larsson are any indications, you can bet your butt the price will be Horvat+ And then some.

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Also rumblings of locker room issues.  Pass.

sooo many traded players have locker room issues that have never been reported or proven.  Guess we should only take super nice guys who politely bow out of the way and don't have any aggression or compete level.

I'd take him, Benning sure did

Archived