The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[LeBrun] Canucks Looking to Add 20 Goal Scorer Via Trade Market.

LaBamba

1 hour ago, ABNuck said:

Remember when we had this discussion about a 20 goal scorer? And some of you didn't like the idea of dealing with NYI for Anders Lee? So my question is...how 'bout now? Would you make this deal now? Of course it's too late, Lee's value has sky-rocketed...but what if we did it back when I suggested it? Wouldn't we have our 20 goal winger now?

EDIT: I just looked up his stats...this year he'd be 1st in Goals and 2nd in Points on our team. I'd take that for a 3.750mil hit.

Well, assumption being the Islanders even wanted to move him, or at a price we'd be willing to pay.  Their fans may have thought, "That Horvat looks like a good prospect, let's see if we can get him."

22 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Well, assumption being the Islanders even wanted to move him, or at a price we'd be willing to pay.  Their fans may have thought, "That Horvat looks like a good prospect, let's see if we can get him."

Most of the opposition I'm referring to came from the "we don't want Anders Lee" camp. I'm not 100% sure what it would have taken (and of course we would walk away if it's too much), but how would the ones in "that camp" have felt at the time if we could have pulled it off (ie/ back then: NO WAY...WE DON'T WANT THAT BUM versus today: HE'S LEADING THE TEAM IN SCORING...BEST PICKUP BY JB YET!). That's the comparison I was drawing (time/results based bias versus the ability to foresee the potential of a certain player and suggest he might be worth trading for)...some folks just don't see the potential and therefore shoot down the majority of trade proposals for no real good reason other than their ignorant (or arrogant?) opinion.

Archived