The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nazim Kadri wont be suspended for his hit on D.Sedin

AriGold

3 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

The rematch is going to be must watch hockey! Can we break the penalty total from this game?!

That's what the league wants/is counting on.  At someone's expense.  They're playing us as stupid.  I'm not, and will not be giving another penny to this Now Headhunting's Legal deal.  For years, I've bought EVERYTHING NHL for my son:  Curtains, bedsheets, comforters, mugs, etc.  I will burn all of it.  I love my team, but this league is a joke and doesn't deserve us.

8 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Apricot called it last night with this post about the comment from Mike Babcock....... anyone else thinking this game isn't rigged. Surely this proves it once and for all.

Hockey Canada is insestual.

It's a brotherhood patting and padding each other's pockets.

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

Horrible...Im about ready to give up on this league.

I hear ya, Shaky....this is disgraceful in a long, long list of disgraceful. My love of this game has been seriously eroded away with all these pathetic non-decisions. Not just for our Canucks players but for others who have been let down badly by the NHL and the DoPS. I can no longer give them any benefit of the doubt.....the monkeys are running the show there and it's the players who are paying with their health and careers. There's no level playing field here....Kadri is a repeat offender.....Babcock's comment from last night seem to indicate something fishy in  Denmark......pretty much feeling done myself and I've been a hockey fan for many, many moons. It's a sad day for hockey when so many lifelong fans are turning away from the game due to the bull$&!# antics of the NHL organization. If they truly wanted to clean up this game, they could. Very quickly. You'd think the threat of this class action suit regarding concussions would have made them more careful.........not less careful.

32 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

Do you know what main point of contact is?

Maybe you don't want it to register in your head, but Kadri specifically raised his shoulder and guided his elbow into Sedin's head, the shoulder to shoulder was a glancing blow as he skated into Sedin.  Last year kadri did the same thing with raising his elbow but ended up hitting his own teammate instead.

5 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Aside from this farce of a decision....

Why are the Sedins always the victim here?  I think its a question that is tied to the overall culture of the team.  The whole "old core" is passive and too gentleman like.  Edler, the Sedins, you can throw guys like Tanev int here too.  I think this team will be better served, in future years, building around guys who instil some fear in other players..that...Or you surround your passive star players with hard nosed guys that can actually contribute.   This team has had doormat written all over it for too long.

Gudbranson is a start, he is tough and can play top 4 minutes.  They need to infuse some real character and grit up front.  

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's what the league wants/is counting on.  At someone's expense. 

And if we do, we are the Satan's children of the NHL...been there, done that, got the t-shirt........ and if we don't, we're the soft, pansy-asses who won't defend their own. Total lose/lose. This team is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

How does a suspension help our team? As long as it's looked after on the ice, which it was. The rest is completely irrelevant. 

It's not about our team.  It's about targeting players with illegal hits where the head is the target.  It's about sending a message to a repeat offender.  And it's about not giving players a reason to take the law into their own hands.

Canuck fans get pissed because it was our player getting hit.  Reilly's hit on Hansen was more of a blind side than Virtanen on Polak.  Kadri was trying to take Sedin's head off and maybe hit his shoulder first.  Both hits were suspendable imo.

The shot on Hansen by Reilly led to a Burrows spear, a fight, and a line brawl because there was no initial penalty.  

33 minutes ago, StickySweet said:

You are a complete &^@#ing idiot. Would you be saying the same thing if someone hit your kid like this, if you have one? I hope you have a kid, and I hope someone levels said kid into the &^@#ing ground.

Well it is only 9:19 am and I had to use my minus on your post.

Totally expected, I'm not surprised in the least. I'm glad I accepted nothing would be done before I went to bed last night, because I'd be pi$$ed off all over again right now.

On Dec 3, I hope the Canucks dress a heavy line up, play a heavy game, put a big hurt on a bunch of their little prized d-bags, legally-ish. But knowing the league, they'll give the officials a mandate to control the game and give the Canucks penalties for every minor infraction, farting will actually be a minor on Dec 3.

What a joke. 

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

How does a suspension help our team? As long as it's looked after on the ice, which it was. The rest is completely irrelevant. 

Looking after it on the ice is good, but teams got to know that the league applies the rules to us as fairly as it does to other teams.

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Totally expected, I'm not surprised in the least. I'm glad I accepted nothing would be done before I went to bed last night, because I'd be pi$$ed off all over again right now.

On Dec 3, I hope the Canucks dress a heavy line up, play a heavy game, put a big hurt on a bunch of their little prized d-bags, legally-ish. But knowing the league, they'll give the officials a mandate to control the game and give the Canucks penalties for every minor infraction, farting will actually be a minor on Dec 3.

What a joke. 

Won't happen with Willie in charge, hopefully by then there'll be a new coach that will actually do something rather than stick to his 5 step cookie cutter strategy sheet that works in the minors.

13 minutes ago, Stelar said:

The principle point of contact is the problem here. So if you graze the shoulder first before hitting the head it's ok?

it was blindside and he left his feet but he grazed the shoulder before hitting the head.

am I the only one who finds this stupid?

It's ridiculous. Especially when you consider the suspension Edler received on the Hertl hit. In that case, there was some body contact before head contact but Shanahan still said the head was the principle point of contact and cited the evidence of Hertl's helmet popping up into the air and Hertl's body's reaction to the hit (which suggested more force was being applied to the head than the rest of the body). Shanahan said it didn't matter that Hertl put himself in a vulnerable position. As per the 2013 rule revisions, the onus was placed on the hitter to avoid hits to the head, and that this was a violation even if the head contact was inadvertent and the head wasn't specifically targeted.

Archived