The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) NHL spoke to the Canucks about Gudbranson threatening Martin

PhillipBlunt

On 09/11/2016 at 5:24 PM, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

So if he doesn't fight Martin the next meeting, he's a pansy. If he does, he gets in big trouble...

If he gets suspended for a fight or a BIG clean (ish) hit I'll lose my $&!#e! 

Both Kadri and Martin deserved suspensions, pissed off with this favouritism bull crap!!!!!

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

A whole lot of making it up up there. 

But this part, especially.  Only one guy was going for the puck...the other didn't give a flying puck about it.

And the game's about getting the puck, first and foremost.

Um, the guy you say didn't give a flying puck actually won the race played the puck.

11 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Wow talk about "making it up". I remember that play as if it was yesterday and I seen an elbow to the head of one the stars of the game. This was at a time when the stars were never touched and especially not from some "no name" rookie. You can try to call the play whatever you like but an elbow to the head WAS A PENALTY back then regardless.  A major penalty at that. BUT.......there was no penalty called never mind any kind of suspension. So I think you are in the minority in how you seen this play and how the rest of us seen it. AND Moore "swept the puck with his stick"? Moore wasn't even looking at the puck.

I'm not making anything up. You just have to watch it without the Canuck goggles on.

Try telling Bure he was never touched. Stars got touched plenty and still do. There was often hell to pay for it though. An elbow to the head isn't a penalty when your elbow is down at your side and a player runs into you in a race for the puck. Getting your elbow up, or leading with your elbow is a penalty. Moores elbow is at his side when the collision occurs.

The only reason Naslund took the hit to the head was he stretched himself out low reaching for the puck. He put himself in a very vulnerable position on a race he had lost.

11 hours ago, Baggins said:

I'm not making anything up. You just have to watch it without the Canuck goggles on.

Try telling Bure he was never touched. Stars got touched plenty and still do. There was often hell to pay for it though. An elbow to the head isn't a penalty when your elbow is down at your side and a player runs into you in a race for the puck. Getting your elbow up, or leading with your elbow is a penalty. Moores elbow is at his side when the collision occurs.

The only reason Naslund took the hit to the head was he stretched himself out low reaching for the puck. He put himself in a very vulnerable position on a race he had lost.

Its a matter of opinion and you have yours and I have mine. Neither one of us can read minds but if you think Moore had anything else on his mind other than laying out Naslund you ARE "making things up". He wasn't even looking at the puck and he threw his entire weight of his body towards Nazzy plain and simple.

The only person that tried to touch Bure was Churla and Bure took care of him. The other times they had to deal with Odjick. Nobody went after stars such as Sakic,Gretzky,Selanne and Lemieux . The first star that I remember being assaulted was Kariya when he got elbowed in the head which gave him a concussion. About the same time they brought in the beloved "instigator" rule. That rule basically gave the league a free for all to assault anyone you liked. Then the head shots came in and guys like Lindros and Daniel Sedin were left to the wolves.

Then came the we should protect all players from hits to the head. Did that help Daniel? Not once but TWICE!!!!!!

League Hindquarters: Concerned parents

TML: Their precious babies, picked on in elementary.

Brainwashed COTU fanbase: Suckers about to flush 10% of provincial GDP into Buttman's rev-sharing, El-Sham(name inspired by latest ISIS incarnation)

Folks..all Cdn puck fans have been SCAMMED for a quarter-C. To see that lizard-faced, Nap-complex, lil' lawyer as the head-puppet is more than I can stand.

We've been down this path. GL with the lil' huckster, Ontario.

12 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Its a matter of opinion and you have yours and I have mine. Neither one of us can read minds but if you think Moore had anything else on his mind other than laying out Naslund you ARE "making things up". He wasn't even looking at the puck and he threw his entire weight of his body towards Nazzy plain and simple.

The only person that tried to touch Bure was Churla and Bure took care of him. The other times they had to deal with Odjick. Nobody went after stars such as Sakic,Gretzky,Selanne and Lemieux . The first star that I remember being assaulted was Kariya when he got elbowed in the head which gave him a concussion. About the same time they brought in the beloved "instigator" rule. That rule basically gave the league a free for all to assault anyone you liked. Then the head shots came in and guys like Lindros and Daniel Sedin were left to the wolves.

Then came the we should protect all players from hits to the head. Did that help Daniel? Not once but TWICE!!!!!!

Making stuff up would be assuming what Moore was thinking. Just like "stars never got touched" is making things up.

Moore swept the puck away (pretty good for not even looking at the puck). A collision was about to occur.

He leaned into the impact. What you're taught to do.

Naslund put himself in a bad position with a collision coming. Instead of stretching out low in his last ditch (failed) effort to beat Moore to the puck, he should have straightened up to be ready for the collision. What did Naslund even think he was going to do with the puck stretched out so low like that?

There was nothing illegal in the play. That's just hockey.

Btw, the instigator rule was introduced in '92. A few years before Kariya was even in the league.

Also, targeting the head is illegal while contact to the head while delivering a body check isn't. It helps to know the rules. Illegal contact gets punished (Keith) legal contact (Kadri) doesn't. It's just the way it works.

For the record, I didn't like the Kadri hit. But it was about as close to that fine line as you can get and still be legal. If you want to stop that type of hitting you need to change the rules. The only way I see of eliminating the fine line issue is to adopt the Euro rule of no head contact at all. Which of course greatly reduces hitting in the game. If you like big hits in the game don't cry when it happens to one of ours. if you don't like hitting lobby the NHL to change the rules.

Archived