The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) NHL spoke to the Canucks about Gudbranson threatening Martin

PhillipBlunt

First of all Kadri is an ashhoole,just because it was against a Canuck playa ... it was ok with the NHL.But if it was a Canuck doing the same goddamn thing the refs would have have gave him 4 minutes and maybe the game.I wish Branny gave him free sunglasses ... turn into the Hulk next time Guddy.I'd be clapping.

6 hours ago, Incursio said:

Regardless of what happened with Kadri, You can't be yelling out "He's dead, he's ****ing dead" with the media around.

Put it in perspective man. It's not like he's going to show up at his house in the middle of the night with a gun.

It's just a rediculous excuse for that maggot Campbell to flex his, non existent muscle on a team he likes to pick on. I'm hoping for a good, hard played, emotional game. If this happens, it's going to be rough. I just hope the twin calamities (Campbell and Betman) can keep their collective fat noses out of it and let he teams decide it.

The league now has it's "reason" to favour the laffs again. We will take an early five and two for sneezing near a toronto player. They will do that for most of the game then they will get away with more cheap-shots at the end of the game because they know they can with no repercussions from the league..

We need to start slamming the other teams best players every chance we get. If they won't call crap against our players then it will be their fault. Double-slam mathews and kadri.

13 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

You still have to go out there and take care of business. What is the NHL gonna say that Gudbranson can't hit, fight or trash talk or he'll be suspended. IF I'm Guddy I fight Martin straight up

There time is gonna come,with all the Shyte the Nucks have taken,with deaths ... and losing cups that should have been ours ... the buttman era has not been g8t to us.But his an old bustard he has to die sometime.lol

9 hours ago, Kakanucks said:

Hey NHL, FCK OFF.

Wish my favourite team wasn't associated to such a bush league. I want to support my team but I have to do it while supporting this mickeymouse league.

I've stopped going to the NHL website, and refused to download their app after they merged the Canucks app and tried to force the NHL app down our throats.

I wish we had a separate forum that wasn't under NHL so I don't have to give CDC traffic.

Also stopped drinking Budweiser too.

you deserve all of it for just drinking that D:

9 hours ago, Kakanucks said:

Hey NHL, FCK OFF.

Wish my favourite team wasn't associated to such a bush league. I want to support my team but I have to do it while supporting this mickeymouse league.

I've stopped going to the NHL website, and refused to download their app after they merged the Canucks app and tried to force the NHL app down our throats.

I wish we had a separate forum that wasn't under NHL so I don't have to give CDC traffic.

Also stopped drinking Budweiser too.

Trust me , stopping drinking Budweiser is not a bad thing.  At least something good came out of the game against Toronto. Bubweiser is just p1ss. 

11 minutes ago, danaimo said:

Trust me , stopping drinking Budweiser is not a bad thing.  At least something good came out of the game against Toronto. Bubweiser is just p1ss. 

Actually not just from the Toronto game, I stopped drinking budweiser for a while now.

But you're right, Budweiser is p1ss.

16 hours ago, khay said:

As I said in another thread, The league showed us how to get our revenge within the legal limits of the rules. The best revenge is to land a blind side hit like the one that Kadri landed on Daniel. Just make sure to get the shoulder first and completely follow through with the hit.

• There's no rule against a blindside hit
  • Get the shoulder and follow is a legal hit and always has been

I agree. Deliver as many punishing legal hits as possible.

Really the league talking to Benning about Guddy's rant is just legally covering their butts and putting any resulting lawsuits onto Benning, ownership, and players involved. The league really had to considering Guddy did say, "he's dead". If Guddy actually did "kill" Martin, or even end up with a Bertuzzi/Moore career ending type incident, the NHL has absolved themselves of any responsibility by contacting the team management and warning them to control our players. If they hadn't they could be sued as well for not taking steps to protect players after a serious public threat.

20 hours ago, coastal1 said:

At least tell me that you know that the December 3 game will be 100% tame. "Payback" games never amount to anything in the NHL. Remember the ultimate payback game, Canucks versus Avalanche. Matt Cooke got beaten up by Moore on the first shift and it was all over until one player lost it and decided to essentially end his carreer that night. You think Gudbranson wants to end his carreer on Dec 3? You know he doesn't. Dec 3 will be the most tame game at Rogers Place this season.

ummm there was an attempt to fight first shift...refs stopped it.....Moore turned down all other fights...till Cooke (only one smaller than him) and that might have been in the 2nd period, but the first shift Fight was stopped so please do not re-write history

17 hours ago, X-Factor said:

Explain I can't see the logic???Especially on this site,it's a hockey chat room,am I right

Just the silliness of NHL's delegation of Justice. Our team gets a talking to for Guddy's remark (and rightly so), and Kadri (a repeat offender) gets nothing for almost ending a player's career.

Archived