The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) What type of player should be targeted to play with the Sedins?

Claiborne55

Someone who is fearless and gifted.. Evander Kane.

..or John Scott, he would take up net presence, distract two Dmen, protect the twins and believe it or not, he has soft hands with the puck.

His aquistion would also urk the NHL,. Who have done nothing for us.

1 hour ago, Claiborne55 said:

(Discussion)  What type of player should be targeted to play with the Sedins? 

Vrbata and Erickson have not worked.

You’ve all watched the Sedins for a long time.  In your opinion what player is best suited to play with the Sedins and who should the Canucks target in a trade to get said type of player.

I don’t believe the Sedins need a 6 million dollar type of player to play on their line and be effective… I think a young cheap hardworking sniper type player would be best.   Like a young Burrows type, the Sedins made him a superstar and I believe history can repeat itself… Can’t Benning scout this type of player on another teams roster and trade for him.    

Any suggestions for who the Canucks could trade for to play with the Sedins?

A right-handed Eriksson would be great...

In all seriousness though, it should be a righty.

Overall skill-wise, somebody like Gustav Nyquist would gel really well with the twins.

2 hours ago, canucklehead80 said:

Vrbata was productive until he was moved around to try and get other guys going, which in turn caused Vrbata to stop scoring.

Vrbata gave up on a contract year. Pouted because he wasn't on the Sedin line, and mailed it back in to Arizona. 

If if he was productive for the team he would have stayed with hank and dank. 

Dont try try to pull that wah wah  crap on real Canuck fans. 

It just makes you look stupid

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Stop trying to get players to play with the Sedins.  They can make just about anyone look good.  We should be focusing on finding guys to REPLACE the Sedins.

I agree with this whole-heartedly.

(this isn't addressing you. just everyone in general) But for the sake of argument, the Sedins need an explosive skater who can surprise defenders with his movement off the puck. Essentially, someone who can get into the soft spots in front of the goalie and put a good shot on net before he is checked. I don't think they need a big player to clear the ice or a "sniper" and definitely not another pass-first player. They just need someone who can give them a dangerous option instead of forcing them to always make the cycle play. That person also has to have good timing with his :"cuts' which is essentially what this is. It's like cutting to the rim in basketball.

6 minutes ago, StraightFlush said:

Vrbata gave up on a contract year. Pouted because he wasn't on the Sedin line, and mailed it back in to Arizona. 

If if he was productive for the team he would have stayed with hank and dank. 

Dont try try to pull that wah wah  crap on real Canuck fans. 

It just makes you look stupid

He did seem to mail it in last season but even the previous year he was moved around despite scoring 30. I wasn't insinuating last seasons lack of scoring was because he wasn't with them, but was more hinting that it had started in year one.

if I was worried about looking stupid, I would have done my hair and put on my fancy clothes. Sticks and stones, my friend :). If you're having a rough day, I'm sending a hug your way....smile, lol. Usually discussion involves friendly banter. No need for insults and name calling, it just makes you look stupid, lol. Relax man, it's a beautiful November day.

1 hour ago, khay said:

Eriksson is still being tried out. We cannot say that it hasn't worked out. 

I think Eriksson still has chance to get going with the Sedins.

I think Eriksson is a complete waste of money and will never earn what he's making. He was a big mistake. Thanks Jim .

Archived