The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) What type of player should be targeted to play with the Sedins?

Claiborne55

way too late now. should have been accomplished long term 10 years ago.

management over the years just blew the pooch with those 2 guys. instead of trying to surround TWO franchise players with a 3rd guy who just clicks with them, we had to go through a revolving door with guys like.... Trent Klatt?

#fail

they alluded to it themselves this week. they WANT to have guys come in and take over first line duties.... it's just there isn't anyone yet.

36 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

He did seem to mail it in last season but even the previous year he was moved around despite scoring 30. I wasn't insinuating last seasons lack of scoring was because he wasn't with them, but was more hinting that it had started in year one.

if I was worried about looking stupid, I would have done my hair and put on my fancy clothes. Sticks and stones, my friend :). If you're having a rough day, I'm sending a hug your way....smile, lol. Usually discussion involves friendly banter. No need for insults and name calling, it just makes you look stupid, lol. Relax man, it's a beautiful November day.

Fine you got me. Dammit you are too nice to respond to, ya bastard. 

I will sacrifice cabbage patch kids and GI joes in your honour. 

Just not the green one or Snake Eyes. 

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Stop trying to get players to play with the Sedins.  They can make just about anyone look good.  We should be focusing on finding guys to REPLACE the Sedins.

TRUTH. Look at when Jason King was matched up with them in 2003. He looked like a superstar-ish. Haha

Who should we acquire to play with Boeser? 

A big mean, bastard checking, shut down wing to play Bo? Who can still stuff a goalie and the puck in the net...  (hopefully its, Jake?)

Is our future top pair Juolevi & Gudbranson? 

Can we get a legit prospect, who someday will be a top line forward, for Edler???

The discussion, as brought up by the OP, was more appropriate in 2009!

hansen presently is the best with them

burrows could be tried again . he was the best historically

loui likely still will be fine with them, he just needs to defer less to them and shoot more, and create his own game

need a hard working speedster/grinder with skill and above average hockey sense (so not Jake)

but i agree with a poster on here that we should not focus on this issue

it is currently being dealt with in a decent fashion

we need to move on to find replacements for them

10 hours ago, Claiborne55 said:

(Discussion)  What type of player should be targeted to play with the Sedins? 

Vrbata and Erickson have not worked.

You’ve all watched the Sedins for a long time.  In your opinion what player is best suited to play with the Sedins and who should the Canucks target in a trade to get said type of player.

I don’t believe the Sedins need a 6 million dollar type of player to play on their line and be effective… I think a young cheap hardworking sniper type player would be best.   Like a young Burrows type, the Sedins made him a superstar and I believe history can repeat itself… Can’t Benning scout this type of player on another teams roster and trade for him.    

Any suggestions for who the Canucks could trade for to play with the Sedins?

Why do we need to find someone to play with the Sedins? They are the only guys producing.

We need guys like Sutter $4.6 mill to start producing and Baercheese, Granlund, Virtanen, Gaunce, Eriksson $6 mill man to start earning their $$$...

With no secondry scoring the team is finished.

Sedins are NOT our problem...

:blink:

Btw, I believe that Jake Virtanen was drafted to be THE player that is supposed to play with the Sedins: great speed, physical, good shooter, plays with an edge. I also believe that they haven't given up on that and that's why he was playing with the Canucks last year and why they're still thinking of bringing him back this season.

Archived