The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Mix Exchange (Full)

Baer.

Green Day - Emenius Sleepus

Not shabby for a short song. Need more booze to find it jamming.
7/10

Weezer - El Scorcho 
Whoever made this playlist is clearly an alcoholic. Better than the last song. 
Never heard of this, but it would be good on a Saturday night fo sho.
7.5/10

Rancid - "Time Bomb"
First playlist I have heard where although I do not listen to the genre, I'd totally listen to the songs.
Catchiest one yet.
8/10

Violent Femmes Kiss Off
It's alright.
Duller than the previous 3 songs imo.
6/10

54-40 - I Go Blind
Solid.
This song needs no alcohol. Upbeat/Relaxing at the same time. Craaazy stuff.
8/10

Green Day - Prosthetic Head 
See now the problem with a prosthetic head is that it isn't really efficient.
But this song comes straight off the reserve.
Probably favorite Green Day song I have listened to in recent memory.
8.5/10

Beck - Girl

This seems like the most fluid song yet.
I feel this song would get annoying after being played on repeat for a while.
But I've only listened to it once, in which case it has lured me in with it's upbeat belligerence.
9/10

Lake of Fire - Nirvana
This song is orgasmic. Wooooh.
Might indeed have to keep my eye on this one in the future.
That guitar tho
That band tho
9.5/10

Green Day - Forever Now
Good song to end it. Not as good as the last one, but it feels like something you would play in the end credits of a film, so props to the placement in the playlist.
Not better than prosthetic head, better than Emenius Sleepus.
8/10
---------------
Overall, I'm really surprised at how much I liked this playlist in whole considering I normally give scores lower than 7 to a good chunk of the songs I hear in these mixes. This was an exception. Only one song I didn't really like. Four that were great. I only gave out one score lower than a 7, greatly evident of the solidness of this playlist. Whoever made this playlist, I would NOT jump out of your car.

I'm going to guess @thejazz97 but whoever it was, massif respek.

@Beluga Whale wasn't mine. Kaz got mine. And I think I got Kaz's.

Dope Dealer - SchoolBoy Q, E-40 3/10. E-40 is this song's saving grace. Not really a Q fan (outside of White Walls), and this didn't really do anything to change that.

No Time - The Guess Who 6.5/10. Much better! :P Classic vocals, great guitar. Great track all around.

Golddust - Danny Brown 4/10. It was great when he wasn't rapping. It was just noise when he was.

Poets - The Tragically Hip 7/10. It just occurred to me that this is the first of the THP that I've heard. I love it. I'm gonna go download some of their stuff now.

Severe Punishment - Wu-Tang Clan 8/10. Funky. Love the first verse. Actually, scratch that. I love all the verses.

Think About Me - Fleetwood Mac 7.5/10. This was amazing. I need to get into Fleetwood Mac's stuff now. I loved the vocals and guitar again.

Crown - Run the Jewels 6.5/10. Not bad. Definitely stuff I can get into - not as much as Wu-Tang Clan though. Good flow, good production.

Pulling Teeth - Green Day 6.5/10. Not really a Green Day fan (except for American Idiot). Still, this wasn't bad. The guitar is still great. The vocals are pretty good. Just not my song.

untitled 08 | 09.06.2014. - Kendrick Lamar 7/10. Not bad. Pretty funky. It was hard to get into at first, but it's pretty good as you get into the song.

Sailor's Lament - Creedence Clearwater Revival 7/10. Groovy! Love the vocals.

How Great - Chance the Rapper 7/10. This is the first song on this playlist that I've heard. Love Jay Electronica, love the choir.

Guessing Kaz.

31 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

It's weird how polarizing his voice is. That was easily one of my favourite songs this year. 

And just because I want to nitpick, why does 7.5 = amazing and 7 = not bad? :P

Depends on the artist, genre, and my preconceptions of them. For instance, if a trap song blows me away, it could be a 6.5 and amazing. But if a rock song is pretty jammin, it could be a 7.5 and not half bad.

Archived