The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Call of Duty Modern Warfare REMASTERED

canuck204

I know there is already an Infinite Warfare post but I'm a COD4 guy that only bought the game to play its remastered version. 

Thought I would start a discussion about what you guys think about this version of the game and maybe even set up some games together.

I play on XBOX One, and mainly play Hardcore Search and Destroy, and so far have been impressed with how similar most of the gameplay is. As a purist, I notice small things but overall this game has met my expectations.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

P.S (Long time lurker but new to posting from Winnipeg)

P.P.S (I am actually a super loyal Canucks fan, been watching them since I was a little kid (10+ years).

Welcome to CDC. I was going to say something about your Blue Bombers losing yesterday, but I'm in a good mood with both the Nucks and Lions winning yesterday, so I'll leave that alone.

I haven't bought the game yet as I have no interest in Infinite Warfare. I do want to get the remastered COD4 though so waiting for price to come down before I snap it up.

How the heck did you become a Nucks fan growing up in Winnipeg?

Luckily I don't watch football, but a lot of my friends/family are pretty bummed out about the game last night.

Yeah I think I spent $120.00 for the whole game. I only bought it for the remastered version. It came out on the 4th I literally haven't played Infinitie Warfare even once.

I was too young to remember the jets 1.0, so when I was growing up we had the Manitoba Moose (canuck farm team at the time) and watched Kesler, Bieksa, Hansen, Raymond, Burrows, Edler, Rypien, Raymond(lol), all come up so it was a natural transition for me to become a Nucks fan. Bertuzzi was my favorite player growing up aswell. 

Now that the jets came back I have obviously adopted them and I am still very much a Canucks fan.

Fair enough,

I personally enjoy the old school simpler version that is Modern Warfare Remastered. Over the years the game has gotten so complex/gongshowey. I feel that they tried too hard on making it more and more complicated. The insanity of all of the kill streaks and weapon variants lost me. 

Glad you are enjoying IW though.

I love the remaster! Just wish I had more people to play with. I'd totally add you but I have CoD:MWR on PS4 

Thought I'd get hit by the nostalgia, instead got hit by all the annoying $&!# they removed over the years.

IW has great maps, balanced weapons and doesn't endorse camping. Enjoying that a lot more.

I'll have give IW a try soon, have only played zombies on it.

11 hours ago, canuck204 said:

I was too young to remember the jets 1.0, so when I was growing up we had the Manitoba Moose (canuck farm team at the time) and watched Kesler, Bieksa, Hansen, Raymond, Burrows, Edler, Rypien, Raymond(lol), all come up so it was a natural transition for me to become a Nucks fan. Bertuzzi was my favorite player growing up aswell. 

Now that the jets came back I have obviously adopted them and I am still very much a Canucks fan.

Interesting, I believe @Monty has the exact same story as you, followed the Moose and no jets at that time led him to these boards. Welcome to CDC

33 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Interesting, I believe @Monty has the exact same story as you, followed the Moose and no jets at that time led him to these boards. Welcome to CDC

Sort of. I joined the board back in 2005 when I was still living in Vancouver and following the Canucks. Moved to MB in the summer of 2005 and have followed both the Canucks and Moose since.

I used to dominate at Hardcore Search and Destroy back in the day used to love the game would spend 6 hours a day playing it havent spent more than two hours a day on that game since ghosts.Think i will buy it when it costs $35 been burned by black ops 3 and advanced warfare.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well guys, they're ruining the best game ever.

Infinite Warfare is eating dicks so they broguht supply drops into remastered. Dumb skins, new sights to replace the red dot, gun kits, more character skins, calling cards and emblems. Useless crap. Also this just in someone found code for the FAL (a gun from a different COD). Money whores. It's a business I guess, sure. Just shows how $&!#ty the product they put out is. They have to make people spend more money on Modern Warfare Remastered because Infinite Warfare is horrible.

Ugh /endrant

1 hour ago, canuck204 said:

Well guys, they're ruining the best game ever.

Infinite Warfare is eating dicks so they broguht supply drops into remastered. Dumb skins, new sights to replace the red dot, gun kits, more character skins, calling cards and emblems. Useless crap. Also this just in someone found code for the FAL (a gun from a different COD). Money whores. It's a business I guess, sure. Just shows how $&!#ty the product they put out is. They have to make people spend more money on Modern Warfare Remastered because Infinite Warfare is horrible.

Ugh /endrant

Speak for yourself. I personally love the update and all the cosmetic items they added and I dig the whole supply drop aspect. It adds more to the game. Hopefully we get more weapons down the line too.

If you choose not to get supply drops or use the cosmetics, the game shouldn't change for you in the slightest.

This was all found in the files from launch so this was well planned.

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

Speak for yourself. I personally love the update and all the cosmetic items they added and I dig the whole supply drop aspect. It adds more to the game. Hopefully we get more weapons down the line too.

If you choose not to get supply drops or use the cosmetics, the game shouldn't change for you in the slightest.

This was all found in the files from launch so this was well planned.

It just screams desperation really. I wasn't buying infinite warfare. Call of Duty is a failing franchise. Only reason I bought it was for remastered. They honeydicked us real pure old school fans. If I wanted supply drops I would play Infinite Warfare.

Just now, canuck204 said:

It just screams desperation really. I wasn't buying infinite warfare. Call of Duty is a failing franchise. Only reason I bought it was for remastered. They honeydicked us real pure old school fans. If I wanted supply drops I would play Infinite Warfare.

I agree the new cods are trash, but personally I really like the whole supply drop system in MWR. I really like the weapon kits, extra camo's and melee weapons. As for Infinite Warfare, it's already uninstalled from my PS4.

But if it really bothers you can't you just ignore it all and just play? I mean it shouldn't effect your loudouts or how you play at all. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived