The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

34 minutes ago, Provost said:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-canucks-still-keeping-tabs-on-evander-kane-s-availability~995461

The rumour that won't go away... probably because Aquilini is in love with him.

The trade that makes sense now is Tanev for Kane.... I am not heartily opposed, but I think at this point Buffalo would need to add in a serious kicker to even it out.

A straight up trade would be if Kane wasn't damaged goods... but he is.  Add to that, top 4 defence are going to be worth gold once the expansion happens.  A third of teams will lose one of their top 4 and need to replace them.  That is likely when Tanev's worth is highest.

They would have to add a high draft pick and a blue chip prospect for it be to worth pulling the trigger now.

No, No and Noooooooooooo

30 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Since Buffalo won't likely be happy with a mediocre return I don't like us as trade partners here.

I agree.

We just don't have an asset to give up that we can stomach for Kane, in case he doesn't work out at all. Sbisa plus 2nd round pick? But then, Buffalo won't accept that.

If I'm JB, I would wait to see if Kane's value would decrease even further. There is definitely such chance. 

1 minute ago, khay said:

I agree.

We just don't have an asset to give up that we can stomach for Kane, in case he doesn't work out at all. Sbisa plus 2nd round pick? But then, Buffalo won't accept that.

If I'm JB, I would wait to see if Kane's value would decrease even further. There is definitely such chance. 

I don't even like Sbisa + 2nd. At some point we need this super scout and his team to actually draft some players and show their scout skills as honed. Maybe Kane would end up being worth it, but right now it's hard to say. As for Sbisa, that's a grey area too, but for different reasons. We need to expose a defenceman in the expansion draft and at this point it doesn't look like Biega is going to play the number of games required to make him eligible. That means we'd have to either acquire an eligible D (more picks or prospects) or sign some eligible FA before the season ends. The latter is probably next to impossible. The longer it's left the more other teams are going to be trying to do something similar.

I'd just like to get through one season and one draft without moving 2nd round draft picks. 

Yakupov got a 3rd rounder plus an AHLer.... I can't really see how Kane can be worth anything more than that.  Keep in mind that while Kane is bigger, Yakupov does have more skills, quicker, younger and without any off-ice issue.

Benning should just offer Sbisa for Kane + 4th or something.  

43 minutes ago, Monty said:

Sabres wouldn't trade their 1st rounder for Tanev alone.

Who knows? Look what NJ got. 

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Jake was being scouted in Utica for Buffalo. I wonder what the fan base would do if Benning traded Jake for Kane? (which i wouldn't want).

7 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Yakupov got a 3rd rounder plus an AHLer.... I can't really see how Kane can be worth anything more than that.  Keep in mind that while Kane is bigger, Yakupov does have more skills, quicker, younger and without any off-ice issue.

Benning should just offer Sbisa for Kane + 4th or something.  

I would rather see if St. Louis is interested in moving Yakupov. He is getting benched a lot.

I certainly hope this isn't a Tanev for Kane straight up deal as that would be a rip off. They need to add a high pick or solid prospect alongside Kane to make this deal work. Think Girgensons maybe, also Nylander as well. Tanev is a very valuable asset for us and would want to keep for post expansion draft. Teams who need a defenceman would be pretty desperate and will overpay

46 minutes ago, Monty said:

Sabres wouldn't trade their 1st rounder for Tanev alone.

Hmmm probably unlikely but it really depends what Kane's value is at? Could he possibly be at negative value? So we would be taking on a problem contract and the 1st is to ease the pain? 

I wouldn't mind moving Tanev or Gud in a package for Kane + ... assuming we get + ... also would rather move Gud than Tanev since Guddy probably wants an outrageous contract. 

Is Larssen + 3rd for Kane (1.5 mill retained) asking too much lol

28 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Back up Benning, step away from this kid. Step back, I swear to god Benning don't do it. DON'T DO IT MAN. 

So less assume counselling and community service straighten the kid out.... 

Kane-Horvat-Boeser? that could be lethal. 

Trading a 1st, 2nd or tanev (or God forbid a combination of assets) for Kane would probably be my final straw. 

Benning needs to lay the **** off these younger reclamation projects. 

None of those deals have panned out for us and some are already coming back to bite us. We cannot continue making these same mistakes. 

I will be a raging mess if we end up trading one of our few valuable trade pieces and/or futures for this headcase. 

Kane MIGHT be available????

Murray is likely praying he can get some value for him. I've seen a couple of Sabres games recently and not only is he invisible, but takes dumb penalties as well.

It's just who we need right JB? Because HE is the one who will sell a hundred more tickets per game and get us to the promised land right? And by promised land, I mean from top 3 lottery pick team to top 10 team.

Scary thing is this type of deal is what Aquaman is famous for pulling off. Why does he still believe that a local kid will sell more tickets than a non-local kid who can actually help us...you know...win games?  Only question now is how many picks will JB throw in to "sweeten" the pot.

Uuugh!!

Archived