The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

So less assume counselling and community service straighten the kid out.... 

Kane-Horvat-Boeser? that could be lethal. 

That would be great. But at the moment, I wouldn't want to take that risk in getting him via trade and him still being the way he is for the remainder of his career. Benning and Linden have talked about character on the team, and they're calling about Kane? Character and Kane don't go together. I don't want someone who will be a cancer to the dressing room, and the organization. 

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

lmao if they trade Tanev for this guy I'm going to be &^@#ing pissed & done with this team for a while. A very good defensive d-man for a current plug with dressing room and off ice issues.

I read somewhere BUF needs left side D. So What if it was Edler or Sbisa?

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

That would be great. But at the moment, I wouldn't want to take that risk in getting him via trade and him still being the way he is for the remainder of his career. Benning and Linden have talked about character on the team, and they're calling about Kane? Character and Kane don't go together. I don't want someone who will be a cancer to the dressing room, and the organization. 

I hear ya. I would really have to see Linden truly happy about it and then I'd feel more at ease. 

Kane's skill set is almost exactly what this team needs right now... a fast winger who can snipe and plays with a snarl.

Unfortunately he also comes bundled with drama and injuries.

I wouldn't be upset if the Canucks got him but I don't like the thought of him and Virtanen being potentially good buds off the ice.

8 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I see zero problem with this if Tanev is not involved ideally. The Canucks need scoring and coming back to Vancouver might be what he needs to kick start his career.

JB has already gone on the record many times saying he won't trade Tanev

I see Sbisa/Subban/CBJ 2nd as the package JB is trying to get BUF to agree to

Kane should be dirt cheap with his value at an all-time low. I wouldn't give up more than Sbisa + 2nd as others have suggested, and even that might be too much. You have to think he's a big distraction outside the arena, so maybe he's not all that welcome in the dressing room. 

I don't think the Sabres are dealing from a position of strength here, but neither are the Canucks really. I doubt Tanev or Hutton are even considerations at this point. 

That said, Grady Sas is essentially saying just the opposite, quoting a McKenzie interview that I can't seem to find:

11 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

lmao if they trade Tanev for this guy I'm going to be &^@#ing pissed & done with this team for a while. A very good defensive d-man for a current plug with dressing room and off ice issues.

Agreed...trading Tanev,or any top prospects/ picks for Kane would obliterate any goodwill the fans would have for current management...Not to mention that Benning has publicly stated he would not be moving top prospects/ picks.

The issue here is a player ,that has worn out his welcome off of 2 teams in 3 years....I'm not really into giving much of anything for another teams 'problem'.

44 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Yakupov got a 3rd rounder plus an AHLer.... I can't really see how Kane can be worth anything more than that.  Keep in mind that while Kane is bigger, Yakupov does have more skills, quicker, younger and without any off-ice issue.

Benning should just offer Sbisa for Kane + 4th or something.  

Kane has scored many many more goals than Yakupov. 30, 20,19,19,17 are sample goal totals from previous years. I don't advocate moving our pieces for him, but that's why he's immediately worth more than Yak was at the time of Yak's trade. 

I'm very intrigued by Kane's skill level. I think everyone would be. He may or may not blossom here, but one thing I am a bit hesitant about, besides the return that Buffalo might want is that he might influence Virtanen in the wrong way.

Archived