The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

1 hour ago, Nooks said:

Would love to get Dahlin in the draft next year but I don't agree with moving him up from D to play left wing :lol:

Dahlen would go good there though

haha. good catch there :)

• 2 weeks later...

Eklund is saying that Boston is "could happen soon". According to a "well-placed" source in Boston.

So.......Eklund is either a high ranking secret agent who is "placing" sources within NHL team management offices, or a complete and total assclown.......I'm going to go with assclown for $300, Alex.

Alex+Trebek.png

17 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I sure wouldn't pay much for him right now when we can sign him for no lost assets next summer. That's going to be a tough sell.

What team would trade for Kane with his contract ending at the end of next season? Seems like a bad idea, and Buffalo might be hooped.

24 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What team would trade for Kane with his contract ending at the end of next season? Seems like a bad idea, and Buffalo might be hooped.

I'd give them something but it's sure not going to knock their socks off. A redundant 'B' prospect or something. If management thinks McEneny is ready, perhaps Pedan or similar.

But I doubt BUF jumps on an offer like that. They're better off getting another year out of him, maybe a playoff push and letting him walk/getting a 5th or something for his rights :lol:

We're better off waiting to see how things play out over the course of the next year. We have already have young guys that need the ice time. Maybe next year when the Sedins retire we can think about bringing him in? But I wanna see him play a whole year and stay healthy/out of the press. No need to rush a move like that.

Vancouver is a terrible trade partner for the Sabres when it comes to Kane.  The Canucks have no need for a winger who may be gone after the season is done, so JB would be insane to give anything of value up for him.

The only teams that should have any interest in Kane are playoff teams that need a bit more scoring to get to the next level.  Non-playoff teams would just be throwing away assets that they can't afford.

13 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Vancouver is a terrible trade partner for the Sabres when it comes to Kane.  The Canucks have no need for a winger who may be gone after the season is done, so JB would be insane to give anything of value up for him.

The only teams that should have any interest in Kane are playoff teams that need a bit more scoring to get to the next level.  Non-playoff teams would just be throwing away assets that they can't afford.

And even then, a deal is far more likely towards the TDL. Kane to a contender, maybe with some salary retention at the TDL might just get them something.

Though I also don't know if a contender would risk disrupting chemistry/the locker room to bring him in on top of assets they'd need to give up to get him. Still leaves BUF with getting low balled IMO.

50 minutes ago, J.R. said:

And even then, a deal is far more likely towards the TDL. Kane to a contender, maybe with some salary retention at the TDL might just get them something.

Though I also don't know if a contender would risk disrupting chemistry/the locker room to bring him in on top of assets they'd need to give up to get him. Still leaves BUF with getting low balled IMO.

I think short of the Sabres dumping 7 million AAV in his lap (won't happen) he's going to free agency if he isn't traded.  Someone will pay him well on a bridge contract.  Retaining salary at the TDL is rarely a deal maker or breaker unless he gets traded to a team that is riding at just under the ceiling.

On 2017-05-25 at 2:47 PM, J.R. said:

I sure wouldn't pay much for him right now when we can sign him for no lost assets next summer. That's going to be a tough sell.

On 2017-05-25 at 3:05 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

That might be the realization the Sabres come to this year,. 

Perhaps a 2nd round pick?

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That might be the realization the Sabres come to this year,. 

Perhaps a 2nd round pick?

I wonder if the entire Evander fiasco is what coast Buffalo's GM his job?  They did give up a 6'8" right shot top four (young) Dman to get him in Myers.  If I was the owner, I'd be pissed with that. 

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if the entire Evander fiasco is what coast Buffalo's GM his job?  They did give up a 6'8" right shot top four (young) Dman to get him in Myers.  If I was the owner, I'd be pissed with that. 

They got Bogosian back in the trade as well. I would say that was a one for one.

So it was essentially Armia, Lemieux, and a 1st round pick. I would say that's pretty good value for a young highly drafted power forward.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I like Deniro's take on that one Alf..

really wasn't that bad a trade, and Kane has been hampered more by injuries these past 2 seasons, and still put up good numbers.

kid is 25? .. he has a lot of good hockey left.

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

I don't know if that's what caused the GM his job. And I'm not sure why Kane keeps being brought up. I don't think he's the type of player the Canucks need during a rebuild. His character is often put into question. Does he really fit this team as it stands right now? Not sure that he does. And we'd have to move some major pieces if we are going to land Kane. At this moment of the Canucks' life, I don't think they can handle it, and they don't have the pieces either. would cripple the team, and we'd be left rebuilding a rebuild. 

40 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't know if that's what caused the GM his job. And I'm not sure why Kane keeps being brought up. I don't think he's the type of player the Canucks need during a rebuild. His character is often put into question. Does he really fit this team as it stands right now? Not sure that he does. And we'd have to move some major pieces if we are going to land Kane. At this moment of the Canucks' life, I don't think they can handle it, and they don't have the pieces either. would cripple the team, and we'd be left rebuilding a rebuild. 

We don't want the guy.  Any GM who takes him might be hanging himself?

44 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

One would think Jim has some pretty worn out sneakers after kicking tires for a whole year now...

As donny T would say , he kicked the tires , and he might just walk away with them.........:unsure:

Archived