The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames

Darius

21 hours ago, Pearly Jamble said:

Flames are hot trash. With rotting meat. And fish. In the sun. In the chinook sun...

A loss to the Buffalo Sabres.  Flames message boards are pure gold.  Fans are calling for Monahan to be a healthy scratch next game.  All those first line minutes and favourable O zone starts and hes lagging.  I think Lames management underestimated what Hudler meant to that line.

Calgary just one point up on the worst Canuck team we have seen since the 90s, but the Canucks have 2 games in hand.

15 hours ago, Butters Stoch said:

Haha those pathetic Flames are almost as bad as our beloved Canucks, what a bunch of losers... We really shouldn't be laughing at any team in the league right now.

The difference is that expectations for the Canucks have been the lowest that they have ever been ...Canucks and the Oilers have been the laughing stock for Flames fans, the last few years...I think that they will improve as the season unravels,but there are serious question marks about that roster (On D,and in goal specifically).

20 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

The difference is that expectations for the Canucks have been the lowest that they have ever been ...Canucks and the Oilers have been the laughing stock for Flames fans, the last few years...I think that they will improve as the season unravels,but there are serious question marks about that roster (On D,and in goal specifically).

The canucks? Aside from the playoff loss we have been a much better team . Depending on how many years we are talking.

20 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

The flames should have went out and paid the price to get a legit #1 goalie.  It would have costs them less in the long run.

I don't think Elliots values has gone to rock bottom. 

I wonder if they’d be able to flip him as a 1b goalie in which Tampa and Pit’s could be looking for

Elliot + Hamilton + Stajan for Bishop + Koekkoek + Callahan

Elliot + Hamilton + Shinkaruk for Fleury + Pouliot  + Dupuis

lol. I've refrained from commenting on the Flames thus far. My feeling coming out of the gate that they weren't as good as advertised. The hiring of  Gulutzan during the summer was the reason why. This guy was a dud coach for Vancouver. What was Calgary thinking? 

So coaching sucks.

Then goal tending - That speaks for itself. Any more red lights and they'll send out a vice squad.

The rest- a Chinese fire drill.

People were talking about Vancouver, we know they're a very challenged group right now but they are improving from the beginning of the season. Calgary on the other hand is in reverse. Going into the season the experts were touting the playoffs as a sure thing. 

Not surprising.

Glen Gulutzan as coach? lol First mistake.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Dredger stirring the pot

Doing his best Luongo with the Flames now

Hamilton is underused maligned not worth much trade him to the Leafs for a pittance because he's so worthless.

damn Dreger might be the ONLY guy I lathe more than Dangle

is there a rumour?  What did Dregger say would be the return: JVR?

Just now, Honky Cat said:

Of course...it's always combinations of JVR,Bozek,and the litany of Leaf 2nd tier prospects....

I heard Nylander has been demoted to the fourth line, and is in Babcock's dog house.  As the other teams figure him out, he's become a soft perimeter player.  Maybe he's the rumoured Leaf?

Archived