The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames

Darius

Speaking of the laffs, they play the Flames tonight.  Who to cheer for?  what a dilemma!

BTW - those flames with that highly touted D and newly acquired savior of a goalie are 30th in the league for goal differential.  I thought their GA last year was Hartley's fault.  LOL!

Just now, Darius71 said:

Speaking of the laffs, they play the Flames tonight.  Who to cheer for?  what a dilemma!

BTW - those flames with that highly touted D and newly acquired savior of a goalie are 30th in the league for goal differential.  I thought their GA last year was Hartley's fault.  LOL!

I'm so glad there is a "HATE ON THE FLAMES" thread.  What's Monaghan doing too: Minus 12 and like 9 points?  That's money wisely spent.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I'm so glad there is a "HATE ON THE FLAMES" thread.  What's Monaghan doing too: Minus 12 and like 9 points?  That's money wisely spent.  :lol:

I suspect that Hudler was the cog that drove that first line, now that hes gone it shows.  Monahan is a good player but hes also too soft.

Funny thing is that lots of Flames fans describe Bo as a 3rd line player at best.  Bo doesnt get any prime time 1st line pp time, doesnt get all the favorable o zone starts, and he still has more points, with two less games, than any flame.

2 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I suspect that Hudler was the cog that drove that first line, now that hes gone it shows.  Monahan is a good player but hes also too soft.

Funny thing is that lots of Flames fans describe Bo as a 3rd line player at best.  Bo doesnt get any prime time 1st line pp time, doesnt get all the favorable o zone starts, and he still has more points, with two less games, than any flame.

Not to the flames fans I've talked to.  After they saw him in the playoffs against them they all awe of how good he was. 

Flames handed to team over to the kids too soon, they put the expectations too high on the kids and since Johnny got hurt the entire offensive load has been put on Monahan.  That kind of show the importance of having the twins on this roster even if they start to become second line options.  Mentally knowing there is a safety net removes a ton of pressure off someone like Bo.

On 11/29/2016 at 9:14 AM, Warhippy said:

Dredger stirring the pot

Doing his best Luongo with the Flames now

Hamilton is underused maligned not worth much trade him to the Leafs for a pittance because he's so worthless.

damn Dreger might be the ONLY guy I lathe more than Dangle

Burke should invite the leaf rumor starter and dredger to meet him in a barn ... just like he challenged Lowe a few years back..lol..

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2011/12/03/leafs_gm_brian_burke_wanted_to_rent_a_barn_to_fight_kevin_lowe.html

14 hours ago, D'Angelo Russell said:

They look like they're starting to turn it around especially on the defensive side. 

Yep and they might have found their No. 1 guy in Chad Johnson. Quietly posting outstanding numbers over the past year and a bit in Buffalo and Calgary. 

61 GP/ 33-20-5 / 2.27 GAA / .923 SV% / 4 SO since last season...not too shabby and certainly better than a lot of team's No. 1 guy.  

13 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

Yep and they might have found their No. 1 guy in Chad Johnson. Quietly posting outstanding numbers over the past year and a bit in Buffalo and Calgary. 

61 GP/ 33-20-5 / 2.27 GAA / .923 SV% / 4 SO since last season...not too shabby and certainly better than a lot of team's No. 1 guy.  

This is good news in a way.  Goalie standing on his head and making the team look better than they are will hopefully result in a lower draft position than the Canucks. The sweet spot would be no playoffs for the flames but no top 10 pick either.  Hopefully Johnson makes this a possibility. Those draft picks they threw away to get Elliott will make it even sweeter!

It will be nice if the Canucks can pick higher in the draft than both Alberta teams for once.

23 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

Flames fans have already anointed him as the next kiprusoff

26 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

This is good news in a way.  Goalie standing on his head and making the team look better than they are will hopefully result in a lower draft position than the Canucks. The sweet spot would be no playoffs for the flames but no top 10 pick either.  Hopefully Johnson makes this a possibility. Those draft picks they threw away to get Elliott will make it even sweeter!

It will be nice if the Canucks can pick higher in the draft than both Alberta teams for once.

Yah...I'm sure the Flames were okay moving a 2nd rd pick to get Elliott...after all, they had 3 of them because their GM actually moves players at the deadline. 

The 3rd rd pick was also conditional, based on the Flames re-signing Elliott, which right now, looks like their leaning on not bringing him back. 

Just wait until this season when Elliott gets traded for a 3rd rd pick and Miller plays out the year in Vancouver. 

10 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

Yah...I'm sure the Flames were okay moving a 2nd rd pick to get Elliott...after all, they had 3 of them because their GM actually moves players at the deadline. 

The 3rd rd pick was also conditional, based on the Flames re-signing Elliott, which right now, looks like their leaning on not bringing him back. 

Just wait until this season when Elliott gets traded for a 3rd rd pick and Miller plays out the year in Vancouver. 

Yeah, Calgary's management is so much better....

2 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Damn .... just checked and the Flames have been on a bit of a streak ... 5 W's in a row, and snuck into 3rd in the Pacific.   

What happened, what changed?  I remember Burke going on air and making a lil rant about Dougie Hamilton but other than that ... 

Chad Johnson

On 12/7/2016 at 0:57 PM, Darius71 said:

I have no problem with the Canucks picking higher than the Flames....Calgary has underachieved a bit this season,and are picking it up now (I hope they do make the playoffs)....Too me,they still seem like a team that is still in need of a couple of high picks....Edmonton paid a dear price,but have acquired young quality players to fill deficient spots.... Long term ,Calgary still has question marks in goal and defence (especially now that Gio is getting up there in age)...IMO

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

Damn .... just checked and the Flames have been on a bit of a streak ... 5 W's in a row, and snuck into 3rd in the Pacific.   

What happened, what changed?  I remember Burke going on air and making a lil rant about Dougie Hamilton but other than that ... 

They are a good team who has figured out their new coach.  Not unexpected from me.

On 11/30/2016 at 0:03 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Flames handed to team over to the kids too soon, they put the expectations too high on the kids and since Johnny got hurt the entire offensive load has been put on Monahan.  That kind of show the importance of having the twins on this roster even if they start to become second line options.  Mentally knowing there is a safety net removes a ton of pressure off someone like Bo.

The whole rebuild process although painful at times has been quite interesting.  We can see Bo starting to take over, naturally, not forced into the role.  By the end of the season if not sooner we may see him and his line as the primary or at least equal producers to the Sedin line, and next year likely surpass them.

Archived