The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames

Darius

On 12/7/2016 at 2:41 PM, chickenman92 said:

Yep and they might have found their No. 1 guy in Chad Johnson. Quietly posting outstanding numbers over the past year and a bit in Buffalo and Calgary. 

61 GP/ 33-20-5 / 2.27 GAA / .923 SV% / 4 SO since last season...not too shabby and certainly better than a lot of team's No. 1 guy.  

Those are great numbers, but I'm more excited about Andrew Hammond.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Johnson has come back down to earth and as a result the Lames are basically a .500 team.  Sure dont look like the near 100 point team many so called experts predicted.  As a matter of fact they can feel Johnny Canuck's beard on their neck now that the Canucks are one point back with a couple games in hand.

Watching the cOilers humiliate them at home right now as I type this.  Johnny hockey boy has come down a couple notches from last year, amazing what a year of scouting and video can do - other teams have the book on him.

Interesting that Ferkland doesnt run around at all against Edmonton.  He is invisible.  He is a weasel, he will only act like a tough guy when he knows there is nobody to counter him.  Oilers have a few options to deal with that guy.   Would like to see him run around with Gudbranson in the lineup.

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Currently Edm 6 - Cgy 1 as the 2nd period comes to a close. The fLames are getting spanked with an oiled spoon

Tkachpuke scores on the PP then takes a multitude of stupid penalties.  Mark my words that kid is playing over his head.  Hes a good player but not a 60 point player. when teams have tape on him next year he will come down a notch like hockey gnome and one chinup bennett. Remember Bennett? He looked like an all star when he started out.  Tkachuk keeps running at guys someone is going to hand him his arse after they have a history with him.

Edit - Hrudey looks like hes gonna cry in the intermission.  LOL!

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Tkachpuke scores on the PP then takes a multitude of stupid penalties.  Mark my words that kid is playing over his head.  Hes a good player but not a 60 point player. when teams have tape on him next year he will come down a notch like hockey gnome and one chinup bennett. Remember Bennett? He looked like an all star when he started out.  Tkachuk keeps running at guys someone is going to hand him his arse after they have a history with him.

Edit - Hrudey looks like hes gonna cry in the intermission.  LOL!

Isn't tkachuk doing the same thing virtanen was doing running people yet he got more abuse for it that tkachuk is.

7 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

You think all they need is a goalie? Maybe but I'm not so sure on that. A hot goalie can make a big difference though... what came first the chicken or the egg!! lol

True...lol...

They have gone through a few goalies now with seemingly the same result.  Their D is built to run and gun, once you pressure them they dont look so good and cough up the puck.  An example:  Dougie Hamilton is on pace for 50+ points and is a minus player.  It will take an all star goalie to survive those conditions.

17 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

You think all they need is a goalie? Maybe but I'm not so sure on that. A hot goalie can make a big difference though... what came first the chicken or the egg!! lol

I hate Calgary, and im glad to see them losing.  

6 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

True...lol...

They have gone through a few goalies now with seemingly the same result.  Their D is built to run and gun, once you pressure them they dont look so good and cough up the puck.  An example:  Dougie Hamilton is on pace for 50+ points and is a minus player.  It will take an all star goalie to survive those conditions.

Sure seems like a lot of missed defensive assignments whether its an actual dman or a forward.  Like they are all fixated on the puck and forget the positional play.

3 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Fair enough, did you watch any of the game then or was the goalie comment just thrown out there?

I saw the game, and can't believe I was cheering for Edmonton!  :lol:

but the Flames do need a real goalie.  That's Brian Burke's problem.  He's not willing to pay the price for a true number one.

Archived