The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames

Darius

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

True...lol...

They have gone through a few goalies now with seemingly the same result.  Their D is built to run and gun, once you pressure them they dont look so good and cough up the puck.  An example:  Dougie Hamilton is on pace for 50+ points and is a minus player.  It will take an all star goalie to survive those conditions.

Because Dougie Hamilton is Charmin soft.

The 2015 playoffs win against the Canucks was the worst thing for the Calgary Flames..It lead to a false prognosis of what the team really was..They have been media darlings ever since,and have had all sorts of high hope projections....Bennett and Monahan have underachieved..IMO,and they still don't have a #1 goalie..Tkachuk has been a bright spot...At the end of the day,its still the same group.

For Canuck fans..that playoff loss to the flames was a real kick in the jollys..but there's a silver lining to every cloud..The Canucks are closing in on the Flames,and there's no reason why we cannot exceed them in a couple of years. 

Flamer fans have always believed the club was a player or two away from their glory days even in the darkest moments.  Kipper standing on his head game after game fueled that delusion.  As for the season after beating the Canucks in the first round the general feeling around town was " look who's back just mail us the Cup"...Calgary fans walk around with the parade map in their pockets season after season

35 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Flamer fans have always believed the club was a player or two away from their glory days even in the darkest moments.  Kipper standing on his head game after game fueled that delusion.  As for the season after beating the Canucks in the first round the general feeling around town was " look who's back just mail us the Cup"...Calgary fans walk around with the parade map in their pockets season after season

Only difference between that and Toronto fans is the cowboy boots and hat. 

20 hours ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Last time Tdot won a Cup tv's were black and white.  Watched that game as a kid 4-0 win I think. 

Last time Toronto won a cup you didn't have to have a winning record and there was only two rounds

Only original six team that hasn't won a cup post expansion era.

1 hour ago, Violator said:

Last time Toronto won a cup you didn't have to have a winning record and there was only two rounds

Pre-expansion Cups have an asterix with me.  

3 hours ago, Violator said:

Yes it was a much easier route then. Boston and New York were usually at the bottom. Leaving Mon/Tor/Chi/Det to duke it out.

4 hours ago, Violator said:

What people tend for forget is that for a good chunk of the "original six" history, a number of teams were actually essentially *controlled* by a single team!  So it wasn't even a league that consisted of six teams!

Norris had basically control of three of the teams.  Look it up!

Laffs playing the Lames tonight.

I hate both teams with passion, but I must cheer for the laffs.  

Laffs railroading them 3-0 so far and Leo Komarov just destroyed 157lb Johnny Hockey with a hit.  Flames fans in meltdown mode!

35 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Laffs railroading them 3-0 so far and Leo Komarov just destroyed 157lb Johnny Hockey with a hit.  Flames fans in meltdown mode!

Just saw this:

u8PVyk5.gif

Gio doing a Dion.

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

Reality must be kicking in for the smug, delusional Flames fans...it's a rebuilding team that's stalling,..with two backup goalies...Time to get off of the high horse folks.

Exactly Cat.  Flames fans think they are so much better than the Canucks and the Oilers.   Johnson masked a lot of their problems on D this year.  And hey, i fully admit that Miller has saved the canucks arse numerous times - difference is I know the Canucks are not a playoff threat (unless a 1982 cinderella story unfolds that is).    Flames fans think they have the best team in Canada - well until about 10 days ago anyway! lol!  That high flying D is like swiss cheese and their bottom 2 lines stink.  

17 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Scrolling through the Calgary puck forums a bit the last couple days...it's entertaining to see the "Juolevi=bust" comments but even better is the belief that Tampa Bay would trade them Kucherov for Brodie straight across.

LOL Sean - is there a bigger cast of delusional frothing at the mouth "fans".  Did you see the 150+ page thread dedicated to how Vancouver is no good?  I think they have even more pages dedicated to Edmonton.  Well one of those teams is well ahead of them, and the other is one point pack with 2 games in hand.  So who is no good?

2 hours ago, Darius71 said:

lol that was a good one! Not often a small guy gets caught with his head down!!

Archived