The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames

Darius

Just now, Brad Marchand said:

Yeah, the first post of that thread is from October 2015. It's also part two of a previous Vancouver-bashing thread which I presume was longer than 123 pages.

They had a thread about the Vancouver riots that went on for like 3 years.  We had all collectively moved on from that atrocious event, they kept talking about it for years.  They must have a lot of cold weather shut in days over there with nothing much to do...

Just now, Darius71 said:

The Lames could sure use some good goaltending prospects in their system. 

Something you wont see them brag about in Flames Fans 125 page thread about Vancouver:

Mason McDonald was their 34th pick in 2014, he is sucking carpet in the ECHL right now.

Demko was picked 36th overall in 2014.

Thanks for passing on Demko dear Flames. 

Gillies could still be decent. They have Parsons and that other guy, is it Rittich?, that are decent prospects as well. No clue chippers like Demko but there's some depth there. 

4 minutes ago, Steve23 said:

It's gratifying reading about the Flames' performance woes while also realizing that all of our goals tonight were from ex-Flames they had given up on.

Two solid two-way 20 goal scorers who are top-6 wingers for us. Just the type of players the Flames need right now actually.

2 hours ago, butters said:

ripping on other teams fanbases is pathetic. Its just the exact same sort of nerdrager on all sides that use their team as a proxy extension of their own ego. 

I wouldn't rip on the fan base, I just find the hypocrisy and irony you see on calgarypuck to be funny

12 hours ago, butters said:

ripping on other teams fanbases is pathetic. orgasmic.  Its just the exact same sort of nerdrager excitement on all sides that use their team as a proxy extension of their own ego dong.

Flames suck but they're fans blow,  this results in a shiz hurricane of epic proportions.:emot-parrot:

10 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

There's nothing wrong with that..I'm sure they get a good laugh at looking at CDC..

there is if the person who looks then tries to turn it into some angsty flamewar. As if fans of one team are any different than another.

15 hours ago, khay said:

Holy $hit... I hope that's like 10 year old thread, not something that was started this season. 

They're also on their fourth thread for why Edm sucks.  I think they have some stricter limits on how many posts can be in a thread, so they start new ones more often.

I just love how the Canuck thread was on the 4th page based on recent posts, when I looked a couple days ago.  I see they are back at it, but they took almost 2 weeks off.  Guess they are starting to see they have their own problems to deal with :P

On 2017-01-24 at 6:55 PM, Darius71 said:

Down 4-0 to the Habs as I type this.  I never saw this sort of meltdown coming from them. 

Gaudreau has either taken a step back or the league has figured out his little dipsy doodle moves across the blue line.  Monahan has taken a step back - he is invisible most of the time.  I wonder if Hudler was the dynamo that made those guys look better than they are.

Bennett is horrible so far.  Flames fans keep lamenting about his low hockey IQ and non existent vision of the play (cough - sound familiar).

Dougie Hamilton will get 50+ points but is a minus player.  That whole run and gun d is a tire fire.  They make the goalie look worse than he is.

Loving every minute of it. (got that loverboy song in my head now)

I made the same comment about Monahan after the 2015 playoffs, but the excuse given here was "he was injured".  Well, he was injured to start this year too, got better for a bit but continues to be inconsistent -- so which is it?

As for Bennett, many had him rated #1 in his draft class and almost universally top-3, with a reportedly high hockey IQ and vision that made players around him better.  He was compared to Dougie Gilmour, a guy with a high motor and compete level.  Looked pretty decent when he came in late in 2015 but sounds like he should join his draft alma mater Jake and Dal Colle in the AHL at this point.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

I made the same comment about Monahan after the 2015 playoffs, but the excuse given here was "he was injured".  Well, he was injured to start this year too, got better for a bit but continues to be inconsistent -- so which is it?

As for Bennett, many had him rated #1 in his draft class and almost universally top-3, with a reportedly high hockey IQ and vision that made players around him better.  He was compared to Dougie Gilmour, a guy with a high motor and compete level.  Looked pretty decent when he came in late in 2015 but sounds like he should join his draft alma mater Jake and Dal Colle in the AHL at this point.

with draisaitl and pastrnak doing co good a few years from the draft

maybe they should of put bennett in the minors but they needed center help really bad cause outside of there top two they really don't have anyone.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Perhaps they should try a swap with Jankowski?  Maybe shouldn't have so hastily bid adieu to Colborne?

That's what they seem to do so well though say they have super depth then let someone walk or trade them and rush in the offseason to sign people to contracts.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived