The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

YouTube Thread 2.0

Armada

I found this very interesting in how both the grandmother(nuni) and the grand daughter both felt the un belonging to either haida culture or western society , I can relate as i'm half haida half Scottish ,born and raised in Prince Rupert involved in sports,hockey baseball soccer boxing and never learning anything haida .   there is a term in haida language (keelot) which translate's - we recognize and respect and accept you as haida although you were raised somewhere else . these methods of acceptance work, but there not a tradition in the historical sense . some clan rules were bent to accommodate  her because of  extenuating circumstance.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rupert ,Terrace, Kitamat, Smithers, Houston  Prince George and.  Alaska,  terrace has the most available track at the terrace airport (3 runways ) also a pretty nice stock car oval, kitamat hill drags are only once a year since they use a public street (hill)  Houston and prince George are very competitive , this particular terrace  event is incudes kids, and a  powder puff portion , other events at terrace are a little more serious. the kids part starts it and competition gets a little heavier as vid goes. racing in the north west is whole lot friendlier than the hockey. enjoy.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up on here before or not, but just came across this show called "Impulse" that was released by YouTube, but if anyone remembers the 2008 film "Jumper" where a teenager realizes he can teleport, this show is like a spin off of that movie kind of. The first 3 episodes are free on YouTube, the other 7 you need Premium to watch or other means if you know. Anyways I enjoyed the first season and I'm actually interested in a 2nd season and heard one is coming, I like that kind of stuff where you can time travel, teleport.

• 2 weeks later...