Sign in to follow this  
-AJ-

Troy Stecher | #51 | D

Love the kids additude, very calm and professional. Looking forward to the giant and hobbit playing together soon!

tryamkin-Stetcher 

• Upvote 1

Curious as to why Stetcher and Tryamkin get paired together on here a lot. Is it because of the size difference? I'm guessing it's the same reason a lot of people were pairing up Subban and Tryamkin in the off-season. 

2 hours ago, guntrix said:

Curious as to why Stetcher and Tryamkin get paired together on here a lot. Is it because of the size difference? I'm guessing it's the same reason a lot of people were pairing up Subban and Tryamkin in the off-season. 

I believe it's similar to the idea of pairing Hutton and Gudbranson.

Edited by Qwags

Judging from his games up to now and how he see's the ice, how many points do you think he'll get this year.Assuming he stays healthy? Whats his ceiling for the future?

1 hour ago, Dannydog said:

Judging from his games up to now and how he see's the ice, how many points do you think he'll get this year.Assuming he stays healthy? Whats his ceiling for the future?

I see his ceiling as a 2/3 defenseman maybe getting 35-45 points per season in his prime. A season closer to 50 much like Edler wouldn't be out of the question either.

I love how often he shoots the puck. What a gem. He looks like a 2011 Ehrhoff.

4 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

I see his ceiling as a 2/3 defenseman maybe getting 35-45 points per season in his prime. A season closer to 50 much like Edler wouldn't be out of the question either.

He's an exciting player to watch. Nice to see that potential( plus fingers crossed Juolevi) back on the blueline again

Edited by Dannydog
reword

On pace for 30 points.

3 hours ago, Whale Tail said:

Not sure if it's been said but was there a reason Stecher wasn't picked in his draft year? 

Small. 

How well he moves the puck is his greatest strength IMO. When he gets a better forward group to work with (ie net front presence) his ppg will climb. I would like to see him on the Horvat PP unit for a while.

Linden when asked about Stecher

What’s the best thing about Stecher? Fans love the guy.
I’ll tell you a story. I went to see him in February in North Dakota. After that meeting, I said, “That kid has an intensity about him that is real.” I said to him, “We’ll talk when you’re done. Go win a national championship.” Watching, watching, watching… they win. Right away we start the process of bringing him in. Got him signed. He finished school in May and wanted to train with our strength coach right away. I’d go down and check in on the guys every day. I kept seeing this bike down there. Finally I said to one of our equipment guys, “Whose bike is that?”

“What do you mean? That’s Troy Stecher’s bike.”

“He rides his bike here every day?”

He’s from Richmond. His sister lived at 41st and Oak. From [Rogers Arena] it’s probably a 20-minute drive. He lived with his sister. Didn’t have a car. He didn’t get his signing bonus till July 15, so he rode his bike [at least 30 minutes] here every day. Never missed a workout. That was his mode of transportation. First couple of days, he pushed himself so hard in the gym, he puked. The kind of kid that goes to the garbage can, pukes, and continues his workout.

The reason I say this is, the kid has been told his whole career he’s too small, can’t play. What you can’t measure is the competitiveness and determination. When you watch him play, he’s 5-foot-10 on a good day but he’s so competitive. He’s smart. On the right side of the puck. He can defend because he’s smart enough and he wins puck battles.

He was our best player in Penticton. Great. Then in preseason he was one of our top defencemen every night. Not fazed by the situation at all. Fun to watch and he drives offence. He pushes the pace. And he’s a likeable kid.

• Upvote 2