The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights Thread

On 09/05/2017 at 9:31 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Vegas Golden Knights draft hat was leaked.

18274914_1209453282514866_71922546209688

That's ghastly.... look like a Germen flag on the side of it... and worst... Adidas love to create bland styles... I hope this isn't part of the jersey... ugh 

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Vegas Golden Knights have entered into an multi-year affiliation agreement with the Chicago Wolves of the AHL.

18556911_1216217578505103_64902243994635

Lol age hasn't made that logo any better.  they are back in the ahl apparently :)

Unless Vegas buys the Wolves, we've seen that the Wolves do a $&!# job of developing the NHL team's prospects. They were the affiliate for the Thrashers for a decade (and we know how bad they were), the Canucks for 2 years (where Jensen's development went to die), and the Blues for 3 years with word that the Blues wanted to move an affiliate to Kansas City. This didn't pan out and the Blues will continue to send their prospects to Chicago 'sharing' an affiliate with Vegas though it's officially Vegas' affiliate.

I see the Blues finding an affiliate sooner rather than later, and the Knight's prospects not being developed well.

On 5/10/2017 at 11:11 PM, Crimson-JH said:

That's ghastly.... look like a Germen flag on the side of it... and worst... Adidas love to create bland styles... I hope this isn't part of the jersey... ugh 

Looks like a German flag on the cap?  That's strange I mean coming from a German company...which Adidas is.

On 4/8/2017 at 8:25 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Vegas Golden Knights have named Jonny Greco as the club's Vice President of Events and Entertainment.

Greco spent the last five years with World Wrestling Entertainment as their Senior Director, Live Event Producer where he produced live WWE events worldwide.

He will oversee game presentation, all in-arena production, in-event production, fan interaction and entertainment.

Well that fits in perfectly with the WWE mentality Bettman has imposed on the National Hokey League.

On 3/28/2017 at 1:57 PM, Tre Mac said:

This will fail so badly.  Five years and they'll be begging Seattle or Portland for relocation.

I agree with the pending arrival of the Oakland Raiders and NBA interest in that market hockey will be an after thought in that town.  But and this is a big but...remember they have Bettman and his NHL sidekicks on their side as they want the glitz of Vegas in their stable.  They will do anything to make that team a success...don't be surprised that within that 5-6 year window Vegas somehow wins a cup. 

All 82 Vegas Golden Knights games will be broadcast live on ROOT Sports next season.

Their regional viewing area will reach into Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana, with additional reach into Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, Oregon, Washington and Alaska.

Just in: 

Home opening date revealed for VGK

The 2017-18 NHL schedule isn’t due out for a few weeks. But Golden Knights majority owner Bill Foley gave a little tease for the team’s first ROOT SPORTS Rocky Mountain telecast.

Foley said Tuesday the team’s home opener at T-Mobile Arena will be Oct. 10. But he wouldn’t say who the opponent is.

“I know, but I can’t tell you,” he said. “But I want to get the date out there.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/post/1083988

It is a no brainer to have the team play against LA Kings. 

The Vegas Golden Knights have named Doug Davidson as the team’s first Strength and Conditioning Coach.

Davidson most recently served as Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and mentored under Gary Roberts at the Gary Roberts High Performance Centre in Toronto.

Archived