The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights Thread

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

"Golden" will be like a middle name. No one really says it. They'll probably be referred to as the Vegas Knights. Kind of how Anaheim Ducks used to be the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim lol

True. commentators will probably just call them the knights after a season or two.  I can see some yellow knight jokes coming.  

It's not the best it it's also not the worst.

I know one idiotic team with a orca on their jersey which has very little to do with the current ownership group.

I for one am jacked about this team. Not being from Vancouver I'd rather see a game in Vegas in November than Vancouver (sorry still love Van).

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

Has an La kings feel to it 

Screenshot_2016-11-22-19-00-49.png

Good observation! it does. just LA's looks better :D

If they can make the jersey design a success i think it could be strong branding.  The team needs a unique and memorable jersey style similar to how chi, bos, rangers all have their own unique look. (could include LA in there too)  It could be a popular brand in no time. time will tell!  The out reach in vegas is so strong!

I would however would like to mention how this move will revolutionize North American sports so kudos to the NHL on that.

Will be the first major sports league in NA to have a professional team in Vegas and I think it will be the beginning of more to come. The NFL will be following shortly and it's only a matter of team before the NBA and MLB do too. I genuinely think Vegas teams will be successful and will break the misconceptions it's just a party city as they do have loyal and committed local residents.

...in 10 or so years when all 4 major NA sports leagues have a team in Las Vegas, historically, everyone will be able to look back and point to the NHL kicking things off. That's pretty cool when you come to think of it.

1 hour ago, BowtieCanuck said:

IIRC the Vancouver Grizzles were originally supposed to be called the Vancouver Mounties until it was discovered DISNEY owned the copyright on 'Mountie'.

wow i didn't know that. I just found an old GlobalTV clip about it. Terrible name and logo haha 

http://globalnews.ca/video/2305937/archive-proposed-mounties-logo-not-a-hit-for-nba-team-coming-to-vancouver

I love the new logo.   I already go to Vegas twice a year, I will be making alot more trips in the future.

I don't see how people think this franchise will fail.   Vegas will have a constant flow of people going to that arena.  I haven't been this excited in a LONG time.  I'm stoked.  I'm already planning on going to the 1st ever game in Vegas next October 

Archived