The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael Chaput | C/W

-AJ-

I'm sure the Canucks would prefer to have him on a two-way contract but I can't imagine that they will fight tooth and nail for a two-way contract.  Megna got a one-way deal and produced the same number of points (though in 10 less games).  As others have pointed out however, Chaput was good on faceoffs.  He's a good depth player.  Not sure I would say he's ready for regular duty on the 4th line, but he could certainly fill in.

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm glad he made it through. Utica should be strong this year.

Very glad - the wingers are quite strong, but if Chaput gets called up, the centre depth suddenly looks quite lacking. Hoping he can be a great centre for guys like Goldy, Dahlen, perhaps Jake or Boes depending on tomorrow

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What do you guys think about Chaput's game so far? Although he has no points in seven games, I've liked his defensive game. I thought his line, with Gaunce and Virtanen, looked good last game.

Chaput's game is not very "sexy" but he does his job admirably without costing the team anything. He wins faceoffs and is a very good PK. Not much can be asked from that. You could say he's not scoring enough, which is a legit thing.

44 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Chaput's game is not very "sexy" but he does his job admirably without costing the team anything. He wins faceoffs and is a very good PK.

These are my exact thoughts. I never worry about him being a liability on the ice. Wish he chipped in a few more goals though. I wondered about the trade for Dowd when I felt like we had the same thing in Chappy. He's underrated. 

Archived