The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] A young winger for Bo

IbanezRG

Horvats a monster, we all know that, playing better then Mackinnon this year with worse wingers... he basically makes whatever Line he's on, could you imagine if the Canucks went out and got him an equally talented winger to play with ASAP?

For the sake of simplicity, let's assume Burrows is a lock on the line as a vet/backchecker (means the winger we acquire can be one dimensional offensive if you wish)

Try and keep the trades realistic, remember, Four turds from us won't give us a diamond like in NHL17. Ideally someone around the same age with a similar ceiling.

Example: (This trade would never happen)

Van: Demko, Boeser, 1st 2016

Wpg: Hatrick Laine

Laine-Horvat-Burrows 

Or 

Laine-Horvat-Erickson (Bo will be doing all the backchecking in this instance though) 

Another Proposal that could potentially be a bit more realistic:

Van: Juloevi, Boeser, 

Phx: Domi, OEML

We exchange Juleovi for a more established version of a similar player, while giving up his potential higher ceiling, and acquire a player Bo is familiar with and has a lot of potential.

Get creative, have fun. 

My proposal

2016/2017:  vancouver trades Vancouver for Brock Boeser and Boeser slots in on Horvats line, Vancouver then trades with utica for Jake Virtanen and slots him on the other wing

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser

Boom!

And we totally rob vancouver in the process!

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My proposal

2016/2017:  vancouver trades Vancouver for Brock Boeser and Boeser slots in on Horvats line, Vancouver then trades with utica for Jake Virtanen and slots him on the other wing

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser

Boom!

My signature :wub::wub::wub::wub:.

Have had it since we drafted Boeser

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My proposal

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser

Boom!

Yes, we see a line of those three in the next year or two, but does our OWNER?  Just heard on TSN 1040 that the Canucks might be for sale, and the playoffs are a must.  Will our OWNER be patient?

4 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

No offence but These trades aren't very good. Why would u trade our best prospects especially since we've been trying to replenish our prospect pool. 

Next year will be

eriksson horvat boeser

Canucks fans tend to overvalue our prospects, neither Olli nor Boeser have even played a game in the NHL, if I was the PHX GM I probably wouldn't say yes to an OEL for Olli swap, maybe yea to boeser after he plays games in the NHL and proves he can be dominant. Don't forget you can't look at trades as one dimensional from the Canucks standpoint, Edler wouldn't net us any kind of return like this now a days.

4 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Ah yes, the Kane trade!

I do think Lemieux would be a great asset to our team. Shouldn't be too expensive but has some potential!

Hes always impressive to watch, so is Kyle Connor, Joel Armia and Brandon Tanev. (I live in Winnipeg and have season tickets)

I like Connor and Armia the most personally, with Lemieux not far behind, jets would be a great organization to acquire a few more developed prospects around the age of 20-23 as they have an abundance of them. 

6 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

Canucks fans tend to overvalue our prospects, neither Olli nor Boeser have even played a game in the NHL, if I was the PHX GM I probably wouldn't say yes to an OEL for Olli swap, maybe yea to boeser after he plays games in the NHL and proves he can be dominant. Don't forget you can't look at trades as one dimensional from the Canucks standpoint, Edler wouldn't net us any kind of return like this now a days.

True u make good points but look at the talent on boesers team last year.               ----Caguila looks like such a threat each game and is producing.

----Stecher already looks like our best offensive defenseman 

-----Schmaltz looks good as well just hasn't put up numbers.

-----Boeser was the best of the 2 forwards according to scouts and he ran the line. Thats why boeser is gonna be great, and on our weak team he'll be even better

2 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

True u make good points but look at the talent on boesers team last year.               ----Caguila looks like such a threat each game and is producing.

----Stecher already looks like our best offensive defenseman 

-----Schmaltz looks good as well just hasn't put up numbers.

-----Boeser was the best of the 2 forwards according to scouts and he ran the line. Thats why boeser is gonna be great, and on our weak team he'll be even better

True, I'm excited to see what he can do in the bigs.

but that said, even Wayne Gretzky was traded and for the right player, id move anyone on the Canucks.

13 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

Hes always impressive to watch, so is Kyle Connor, Joel Armia and Brandon Tanev. (I live in Winnipeg and have season tickets)

I like Connor and Armia the most personally, with Lemieux not far behind, jets would be a great organization to acquire a few more developed prospects around the age of 20-23 as they have an abundance of them. 

As for price, I think we could afford Tanev or Lemieux but I don't think our management would give up the assets required to attain someone like Connor or Armia.

I think if we traded Baertschi we could get either one of them though.

Kyle Connor would be nice. Winnipeg could afford to lose him seeing as they have lots and lots of talented depth.

Also a left winger and a left handed shot. A Connor/Horvat/Boeser would be great.

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Kyle Connor would be nice. Winnipeg could afford to lose him seeing as they have lots and lots of talented depth.

Also a left winger and a left handed shot. A Connor/Horvat/Boeser would be great.

What do you think Connor's value is? Would you think Baertschi could get us Connor or would it take more?

4 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

What do you think Connor's value is? Would you think Baertschi could get us Connor or would it take more?

I'd think Winnipeg would want someone in their 25-27 years old range back the other way. They don't need picks or prospects that much. Winnipeg, even with the amount of talent and DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH they have can't seem to win. 

We don't have the pieces they want back. And those pieces that we DO have, we aren't in the position to be trading them (Sutter, Tanev, Hansen). That's our problem.

Archived