The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - Vancouver and Buffalo (Not for Kane)

16 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

He and Eichel played off of each other well last year.  Eichel is still injured and that high ankle sprain will hamper him for most of the rest of the year.

Sam has been stuck with a rotating carousal of linemates for him including more than one AHL'er.

That doesn't preclude the fact Sam is having a down season.  I really feel JB likes him though, so maybe getting him is not so far fetched.  Plus, if Buffalo wants to get rid of Kane (and still get return) they might need to make a bigger deal.

22 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Chris Tanev and Jake Virtanen to Buffalo 

Sam Reinhart to Vancouver 

I think this is a pretty fair trade for both sides. Vancouver gets our future 1st line centre with elite offensive skill which allows Bo play 2nd centre where he will easily shine and outplay his opponents. Two top end centers is what you need on a cup winning team like Pittsburg, LA, Chicago, or Boston. Centre with different skill sets, but still top end like Crosby and Malkin or Kopitar and Carter. 

Buffalo does this because they want to trade Kane who they still want to trade and will need a replacement power forward and desperately need the defensive help.

I think Buffalo has made it pretty clear Kane is the one they want to move, and they are waiting for Benning to get really desperate. Thankfully that hasn't happened. I'd like to seem take a shot at Kane but certainly not for someone as valuable as Tanev. 

22 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Chris Tanev and Jake Virtanen to Buffalo 

Sam Reinhart to Vancouver 

I think this is a pretty fair trade for both sides. Vancouver gets our future 1st line centre with elite offensive skill which allows Bo play 2nd centre where he will easily shine and outplay his opponents. Two top end centers is what you need on a cup winning team like Pittsburg, LA, Chicago, or Boston. Centre with different skill sets, but still top end like Crosby and Malkin or Kopitar and Carter. 

Buffalo does this because they want to trade Kane who they still want to trade and will need a replacement power forward and desperately need the defensive help.

I think Buffalo has made it pretty clear Kane is the one they want to move, and they are waiting for Benning to get really desperate. Thankfully that hasn't happened. I'd like to seem take a shot at Kane but certainly not for someone as valuable as Tanev. 

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That doesn't preclude the fact Sam is having a down season.  I really feel JB likes him though, so maybe getting him is not so far fetched.  Plus, if Buffalo wants to get rid of Kane (and still get return) they might need to make a bigger deal.

That is the reason why he is.  Take away one of the Sedins and pair the other one with sub-standard linemates and AHL'ers and the Sedin who is playing will have a downturn in production.

It's like that with any team sport.  You play with crap then you play like crap.  If you play with quality then you play to your utmost potential.  Think about it. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

There is pretty much zero chance the Sabres want to get rid of Reinhart, especially as a sweetener to dump Kane. Murray still thinks he can get somewhere near what he stupidly traded for Kane in the first place. He won't dump Kane for garbage and he won't include a prime young offensively gifted player just to get rid of him.

I know you love Reinhart. I do too and I know him and his brother Max well from their time with the Kootenay Ice. But that ship has sailed. The only time the Canucks had a shot at him was trading up at the draft table. Buffalo has all kinds of reasons to be patient with him.

44 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Nope, didn't say that at all..............:picard: right back at ya'

That's exactly what you are saying....

Horvat, Stecher, Boeser, OJ etc.

You named 4 names and then added an etc. which means there are more.  That leaves roster players past their prime, plugs, AHL'ers, etc. for one of the better 21 year olds in the game.  :picard:

23 hours ago, luckylager said:

Buddy of mine is a Sabre's fan - He figures a trade for Reinhart would have to include a top young center, so in our case - Bo Horvat. I'd rather just keep Bo.

He'd also be fine with a late second / early 3rd pick for Kane and believes Virtanen for Kane would be an overpayment by us...

Why would they need a top center back.  They have O'Rielly and Eichel.  Both top end centerman.  Do you not think upgrading their D would be more prudent for a team looking to be competitive?  

1 minute ago, stuman491 said:

Why would they need a top center back.  They have O'Rielly and Eichel.  Both top end centerman.  Do you not think upgrading their D would be more prudent for a team looking to be competitive?  

They need D, and that's where Tanev for Reinhart fits.  Plus ROR and Eichel are their top two centres.  They have no place for Reinhart, except in a more defensive role.  Buffalo would love Tanev.

4 hours ago, stuman491 said:

That's exactly what I asked him.

But he looked at me and kinda glared, long pause... "Because you need 3 good centers to win a cup"

How bout trying to be a playoff team first, I asked. And he walked away and changed the subject.

But that's a look into what a true blue Buffalo fan wants for Reinhart... Horvat.

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's exactly what you are saying....

You named 4 names and then added an etc. which means there are more.  That leaves roster players past their prime, plugs, AHL'ers, etc. for one of the better 21 year olds in the game.  :picard:

So are you just on here to troll real Canuck fans who are trying to have some fun or whats your deal?:picard:

8 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

So are you just on here to troll real Canuck fans who are trying to have some fun or whats your deal?:picard:

Yes I'm on here to troll REAL Canuck fans.  That doesn't include you, so in case you're wondering, I'm not trolling you.  :picard:

18 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

That is the reason why he is.  Take away one of the Sedins and pair the other one with sub-standard linemates and AHL'ers and the Sedin who is playing will have a downturn in production.

It's like that with any team sport.  You play with crap then you play like crap.  If you play with quality then you play to your utmost potential.  Think about it. 

Explain Loui Eriksson :D

14 hours ago, luckylager said:

That's exactly what I asked him.

But he looked at me and kinda glared, long pause... "Because you need 3 good centers to win a cup"

How bout trying to be a playoff team first, I asked. And he walked away and changed the subject.

But that's a look into what a true blue Buffalo fan wants for Reinhart... Horvat.

lol thanks for the response.  I had a good laugh. 

I'd disagree that you need 3 good centers to win a cup, but it sure helps!

5 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Explain Loui Eriksson :D

I'm really hoping that the hockey gods grant him a boon so he can pick his game to where it should be for the remaining 2/3 of the season.  He started terribly slow, but he looks like he may be settling in now.

When Eichel plays, Reinhart is a winger and not a centreman.  Reinhart did great last year on Eichel's wing and did very well last night on Eichel's return.

Reinhart is not counted on defensively and is only used at Centre when O'Reilly and/or Eichel are out.

As for the Sabres needing d-men, they'll have little to no problem trading for one and picking up a free agent when they start to shed some of the dead weight salaries they currently have.  There's no need to give up a player of Reinhart's calibre to get a quality d-man.

53 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm really hoping that the hockey gods grant him a boon so he can pick his game to where it should be for the remaining 2/3 of the season.  He started terribly slow, but he looks like he may be settling in now.

Ya haha. What I was getting at is that he sucked with the sedins but is scoring with $&!#ty players! The opposite of what you said before 

Archived